Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881590 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1785 on: May 16, 2012, 03:25:59 pm »

When ever one of my dwarves get injured, they're taken to the hospital and diagnosed all fine. However, when it comes to cleaning them, my doctors just pick up a bucket, fill it at the water source and just stand there after holding a filled bucket next to the water source, not going anywhere or doing anything.
I've tried deconstructing the bed under the patient and moving them to another, I've also tried moving the patient right next to the water source. I've made the source as a well, an zone water source and without any water source (just relying on the dwarf to find water on his own). Nothing works.
Any suggestions?

This is a known bug in 34.08.  It should be fixed in 34.09.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Do weapon traps now block wagon movement? When I check my 'D' view, I can see a clear path from my depot into my access hall, where the route stops on top of a weapon trap for no reason. If I remove the trap, it goes green to the map edge again. The problem is that I just checked a second time and now the route is stopped on another weapon trap in that same hall. Is this a new bug?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »

Do weapon traps now block wagon movement? When I check my 'D' view, I can see a clear path from my depot into my access hall, where the route stops on top of a weapon trap for no reason. If I remove the trap, it goes green to the map edge again. The problem is that I just checked a second time and now the route is stopped on another weapon trap in that same hall. Is this a new bug?

yes, or feature. Also goes for cage traps
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »

yes, or feature. Also goes for cage traps

Bizarre. I still have some number of weapon/cage traps along the wagon route - shows green. We'll see if it reverts again...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 17, 2012, 12:19:57 am »

If you deconstruct and reconstruct all the traps they should all block movement, at least that is what I heard. It could just be a bug
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 17, 2012, 12:41:23 am »

Does it mean anything when a monsters corpse is flashing?  In this case it's a minotaurs corpse.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 17, 2012, 12:43:31 am »

Does it mean anything when a monsters corpse is flashing?  In this case it's a minotaurs corpse.
What tile is it flashing to? If it is a Ñ then it means the corpse has come back as an undead creature, either due to an evil region bringing it back or a necromancer raising it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 17, 2012, 01:23:31 am »

What tile is it flashing to? If it is a Ñ then it means the corpse has come back as an undead creature, either due to an evil region bringing it back or a necromancer raising it.
It's flashing betwen a grey capital M and yellow capital M

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 17, 2012, 01:36:31 am »

I've always had minotaur corpses flash between some colours, I think it's normal

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 17, 2012, 01:39:45 am »

I've always had minotaur corpses flash between some colours, I think it's normal
Yeah. I'm fairly certain that many megabeasts flash just naturally, meaning their corpses do as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 17, 2012, 10:36:53 am »

A baby has been injured while her mother was fighting some titan spider. The mother is fine, but the baby has some injuries and has gone pale. I burrowed her and the med dwarf into the hospital, but I cant get them to diagnose or treat the baby.
Although baby was a superb meatshield, I'd like to heal her. Anyway to that while she still is a baby?
She will be a 'child' in about 4 months, but I dont think she'd make it that far.
(a>b) ? false : true

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 17, 2012, 11:03:14 am »

sorry, prepare a coffin

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 17, 2012, 11:05:15 am »

or a baby catapult

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 17, 2012, 03:41:59 pm »

So I stopped playing DF just a little before .34 came out, but decided to dive back in after seeing the .08 update. I was digging my normal magma channel when my dwarf magically caught fire, despite being a good distance from the now moving magma. So seeing him aflame I made some random dig orders so he'll get away from the population. About half way there he disappeared. I watched him, but I'm still confused as to what happened.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 17, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »

So I stopped playing DF just a little before .34 came out, but decided to dive back in after seeing the .08 update. I was digging my normal magma channel when my dwarf magically caught fire, despite being a good distance from the now moving magma. So seeing him aflame I made some random dig orders so he'll get away from the population. About half way there he disappeared. I watched him, but I'm still confused as to what happened.

Instead of being announced dead, citizens now go missing, and are only announced as dead when the body is found by other or their ghost has appeared. And magma apparently has mist now, like water. !!FUN!!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 422