Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881588 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1770 on: May 15, 2012, 09:56:12 am »

if it was on the surface and a claystone tile, it can't get grass or anything and can't change to sand, I think. If you have grazing animals, these can clear grass away at a high rate
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Funiculus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 15, 2012, 10:18:20 am »

Is there any way to create a clay stockpile?  A fair bit of my clay is outside my fort and I'd like to speed production.  I keep trying to set a custom stockpile, but it won't let me set to just clay forms (or coal for that matter).  I can set a general stone stockpile, but that's a bit too random and eventually what little clay/ kaolonite, etc that's there gets used and odds are my dwarves replace itvwith other sorts of stone.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 15, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »

Is there any way to create a clay stockpile?  A fair bit of my clay is outside my fort and I'd like to speed production.  I keep trying to set a custom stockpile, but it won't let me set to just clay forms (or coal for that matter).  I can set a general stone stockpile, but that's a bit too random and eventually what little clay/ kaolonite, etc that's there gets used and odds are my dwarves replace itvwith other sorts of stone.

Simply create a stone stockpile.  Afterwards, hover over it and hit (q), then go into the (s)ettings.  Go to stone, and disable all of the various subtypes: Metal, Economic, etc.  Leave Clay enabled however.  There is a bug in 34.07 that sometimes makes it so Clay looks disabled, but it is actually permanently enabled; I don't know if this is still true in 34.08.  You want to leave Clay enabled. 

Clay may still accumulate in your other stone stockpiles, you can change their (s)ettings to disable Clay; or if the bug is present, you can do (q) on your new clay stockpile, and tell it to (t)ake from the assorted stone stockpile that you want to remove the clay from.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 15, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »

So I added the fortress defense mode for 34.07 with 0.34.08, and now I don't have minecarts or wheelbarrows.  How can I add them back in?

The only thing I can imagine was overwriting entity_default.txt with the older version.  I tried adding the old one back and restarting the game, but still nothing.  Do I have to gen a new world or just start a new fort?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 15, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

you can check in the changelog in the df folder what changes were made to the files you can access, and see if that fixes it
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

KrazyDocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:51 pm »

Since you mention "coal": "charcoal" and "coke" are stored on "bar/block" stockpiles.  Now, "bituminous coal" is a stone and my guess is it would be in the Economic subtab of the stone stockpile.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »

It says on the wiki that I don't have to feed my pigs.

Though it does mention that pastures.

Will they die if I keep them in my meeting hall?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1777 on: May 15, 2012, 09:54:44 pm »

It says on the wiki that I don't have to feed my pigs.

Though it does mention that pastures.

Will they die if I keep them in my meeting hall?
Only when one of your dwarfs has a tantrum and decides to dropkick it into the wall.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 16, 2012, 12:17:29 am »

in other words, no. It doesn't have the grazer tag so will be fine, just like dogs and such

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 16, 2012, 03:03:04 am »

Is it just me, or .08 became much more laggy in adv mod?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 16, 2012, 07:41:02 am »

ask around in adv mode, I got my hands full with dwarf mode

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »

A migrant went directly 'Strange Mood' and asked for shells which I couldnt provide. I walled him in his workshop and he has eventually gone missing i.e. dead.
He died in a sort of 'interim' part of my fortress, which I didnt intend to use for long anyway until the rest was properly mined, etc and thus left him there. A slab is ready.
Will the other dwarves (especially his wife and 13746 kids) know of his death and thus suffer bad thoughts if I recover his corpse? As of now noone is bothered about him missing.
(a>b) ? false : true

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:42 pm »

they'll get upset as soon as he is confirmed dead, I think

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27:16 pm »

And as I recall, after awhile he'll be presumed dead, especially if his ghost shows up.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 16, 2012, 03:00:35 pm »

When ever one of my dwarves get injured, they're taken to the hospital and diagnosed all fine. However, when it comes to cleaning them, my doctors just pick up a bucket, fill it at the water source and just stand there after holding a filled bucket next to the water source, not going anywhere or doing anything.
I've tried deconstructing the bed under the patient and moving them to another, I've also tried moving the patient right next to the water source. I've made the source as a well, an zone water source and without any water source (just relying on the dwarf to find water on his own). Nothing works.
Any suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 422