Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882056 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1275 on: April 15, 2012, 07:24:28 am »

They are stationed and firing at something, then they stand in place when they run out of ammo.
Unstationing and restationing seems to work! But given the interface, I'd rather not have to do periodically search for soldiers with no ammo left and restation them when they should be running off for new ammo automatically...
<3

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:45 am »

usually, after you cancel a station order, dwarfs tend to return there for a long time. When you cancel it they probably run straight off to grab ammo and return.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1277 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:02 am »

Ok, thanks for the answers.
And now that I'm here, I wanted to inquire- weren't dwarves supposed to dump tattered clothes now? Mine still keep them in their rooms and I see no way to dump them automatically.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:25:09 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 15, 2012, 08:24:04 am »

It's indeed not quite working as desired.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1279 on: April 15, 2012, 09:04:32 am »

Huh. Makes me wonder why the bug report was closed then...
<3

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 15, 2012, 09:06:50 am »

I just noticed in my 211 fortress, only recently a barony (due to massive migrant waves I had a lot in only two years, this is year four or something) that I can appoint a champion. No one seems to have 'relevant skills' as per usual, so I wonder, what does a champion do?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 15, 2012, 10:16:29 am »

Huh. Makes me wonder why the bug report was closed then...

actually, after a while they will be unowned afaik and brought to your stockpile. My problem is that dwarfs don't ever actually throw things away, so my stockpile gets filled with slightly worn or worn shirts, shoes and trousers.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 15, 2012, 11:58:40 am »

I can't make soap for some reason.  I have plenty of tallow, two buckets full of lye, but the soap making workshop has the 'make soap from tallow' option in red and says I need the reagents.  Any advice?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 15, 2012, 12:01:43 pm »

check the buckets if they have lye and water in them. They're not supposed to anymore, but a good guess. Or maybe an empty bucket at all

Might be from burrows or forbidden items. You could try to order it through the manager, see what happens.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 15, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »

I just noticed in my 211 fortress, only recently a barony (due to massive migrant waves I had a lot in only two years, this is year four or something) that I can appoint a champion. No one seems to have 'relevant skills' as per usual, so I wonder, what does a champion do?

I seem to recall that Toady says he doesn't really do much other than be a noble.  The result is he's one more dwarf who can generate thoughts related to speaking to nobles.  Some dwarves are happy to talk to nobles, some unhappy (depends on how they view authority or tradition I think).  Not terribly important, really.

Question of my own: just how much good does atomsmashing junk do for your FPS?  I tried this and I see absolutely no difference in FPS, no matter how much crap I smash.  One time my FPS even went down a little.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 15, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »

check the buckets if they have lye and water in them. They're not supposed to anymore, but a good guess. Or maybe an empty bucket at all

Might be from burrows or forbidden items. You could try to order it through the manager, see what happens.
I really doubt burrows have anything to do with it, I only have children restricted to my safety burrow right now.  Not forbidden either.  I'll check for water, then order it.  We'll see, thanks!

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 15, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »

I can't make soap for some reason.  I have plenty of tallow, two buckets full of lye, but the soap making workshop has the 'make soap from tallow' option in red and says I need the reagents.  Any advice?

Disable lye in all your food stockpiles.  If the lye buckets are currently in a food stockpile, quantum-dump them out of the stockpile to a spot next to the soap workshop.  (The bug is marked as resolved, but I'm not sure it actually works....)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

J75Ghost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 15, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »

I'm having a Trade Wagon traffic jam. One set of wagons are leaving the trade depot, and another set of wagons are coming in. Has anyone seen this problem before? And most importantly how do I get them unstuck? I tore down a wall to make a six-wide lane, but they are still running right at each other and can't move.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 15, 2012, 02:40:07 pm »

at some point, someone should get the hint. wagons stuck like this react really really slow.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 15, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »

I had a naked mole dog run out of a cave and race towards my wagon.  I reacted quickly and killed it, but was he friendly and did I just kill one of the few good animals?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 422