Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Village massacre  (Read 1357 times)

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Village massacre
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:15 pm »

So, i made a new char, killed 10 of the local population.
Then i got my upper body and my heart bruised and red!
Acording to the magma wikipedia, red means: "BROKEN: The part has lost all structural integrity or muscular ability."

all "muscular ability" in my heart is lost, so i am no longer pumping blood around my body?
Then i killed another.... 30? of them by stab to the face.

How is this possible?

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Village massacre
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »

Sixty-four kills so far...

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »

Bruising doesn't actually do anything yet. Maybe cause some slight pain, but that passes. A bruised heart or lung will say it's a mortal wound, when in fact it is acting just as it should. Except with lungs you may get out of breath faster, but don't quote me on that.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:40 pm »

Bruising doesn't actually do anything yet. Maybe cause some slight pain, but that passes. A bruised heart or lung will say it's a mortal wound, when in fact it is acting just as it should. Except with lungs you may get out of breath faster, but don't quote me on that.

Bruised lungs cause you to become winded, potentially stopping breathing if the lungs are damaged enough. I'm not so sure about the latter, though.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:27:53 pm »

And bruised brain usually means death.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

mrguy492

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:47:58 pm »

I was just killed by not being able to breath because of a bolt to the upper body, so I dont completely agree

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:29 pm »

Bruising to the lungs can cause suffocation which is, fatal.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:34:31 am »

I got to 76 kills, then i got cornered by 8 guys who stabbed me with their kitchen-knives til my upper body was gone...