Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vampire Syndrome modding (for a noob)  (Read 8810 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Vampire Syndrome modding (for a noob)
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »

Hey guys, I'm trying to buff vampires a bit because I feel they're too weak. I want to add a speed and recuperation increase after you feed for a duration of about 6 hours or so. I see this

[CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:150]
         [CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED]

in the raws and I'm just wondering if I can add [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:500:START:0] and [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:2000:0:START:0] right after it, or do I have to add the blood drinking trigger after each part. Also, how do I make a duration? I'm looking in the werewolf syndrome and I see [CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0], but is it possible to make that into a straight timer?

Thanks in advance.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Syndrome modding (for a noob)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:31 pm »

Sorry for double post, but I can't figure this out on my own. Am I even modifying the right raws? It's interaction_vampire in interaction examples right? That's what it uses to gen the syndromes when you make a new world?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:36:01 pm »

Nope.
The examples are...  examples.

The randomly generated stuff is...  randomly generated.

Duration requires an END token in the syndrome effect tags.  As far as feeding causing a bonus like that, I'm not sure you can at all -- that counter tag is what forces them to suck blood to stay alive.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

Nope.

Duration requires an END token in the syndrome effect tags.  As far as feeding causing a bonus like that, I'm not sure you can at all -- that counter tag is what forces them to suck blood to stay alive.

So how do I change the actual syndromes for the vampires? Do I have to uncompress the saves and find it, or is there a base raw file I can change?

Thanks for the information btw, that's what I thought, but it's good to know I'm right.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:42:12 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:59 pm »

You could maybe do the reverse of what you're asking with the COUNTER_TRIGGER tag, like...

Code: [Select]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:50:START:0]

and give them a huge agility buff to compensate. This is pure speculation, though.

If you want something to just be a straight timer, you can do this:

[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:500:START:0:END:10000]
As for putting in your own vampire curses, you can put the edited example raws in to your raw\objects\ folder and then, in advanced world generation, set the number of vampirism curse types to 0 to ensure that only yours are used.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 11:41:53 pm »

Nope.

So how do I change the actual syndromes for the vampires? Do I have to uncompress the saves and find it, or is there a base raw file I can change?

No, there isn't a raw file that you can change.

You could try to find them in your save game's files, but I haven't experimented with that type of thing, so I'm not sure if editing the randomly generated syndromes would work.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:48:28 pm »

You could maybe do the reverse of what you're asking with the COUNTER_TRIGGER tag, like...

[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:50:START:0]

and give them a huge agility buff to compensate. This is pure speculation, though.

If you want something to just be a straight timer, you can do this:

[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:500:START:0:END:10000]
As for putting in your own vampire curses, you can put the edited example raws in to your raw\objects\ folder and then, in advanced world generation, set the number of vampirism curse types to 0 to ensure that only yours are used.

Hey, thanks. Actually, I just had an idea, is it possible to add in say, a regeneration interaction into the raws for humans, dwarves and elves, and only have it activate once the NPC has been infected with Vampirism? Like using [IT_REQUIRES:VAMPIRE_CURSE]?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 11:57:23 pm »

I think it works, assuming IT_REQUIRES doesn't get bypassed by the SELF_ONLY tag. Otherwise, people will spam it on others.

Finally, if that does work, put a long wait time in between; they will attempt to use it if they can.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:00:32 am »

I think it works, assuming IT_REQUIRES doesn't get bypassed by the SELF_ONLY tag. Otherwise, people will spam it on others.

Finally, if that does work, put a long wait time in between; they will attempt to use it if they can.

Alright, if this whole "0 random vampire curses" thing doesn't work out, I'll try that next. Could end up being hilarious, and it might also work if I just modify a save's raws, one with an adventurer who's already a vampire.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 12:07:27 am »

Add a SYN_INGESTED to BLOOD_TEMPLATE that gives a small attribute boost - drinking blood counts as ingesting it, as far as I'm aware. You may have to mess around with casts/syndrome classes to get it to only work on vampires, but even if you don't, only vampires and mosquitoes are going to drink blood outside of adventure mode.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 12:10:56 am »

only vampires and mosquitoes are going to drink blood outside of adventure mode.
False.  Cats will get the syndrome when they clean the blood off of something with their lick interaction.

That said, I don't really see a problem here...  :P
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 12:15:41 am »

only vampires and mosquitoes are going to drink blood outside of adventure mode.
False.  Cats will get the syndrome when they clean the blood off of something with their lick interaction.

That said, I don't really see a problem here...  :P

I see potential for a large amount of Fun to be had here in fortress mode. Maybe after I get this working I'll try that out. Making a were syndrome to turn cats into trolls would be very funny.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:23:27 am »

Well then, I'm trying out the whole "It's an inherent ability, but you don't get to use it until you get infected" thing, and I just accidentally turned myself into a toad.

[INTERACTION:VAMP_REGEN]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:yourself]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
           [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:DEFAULT]

uhh, does anyone know why this happened? I nearly fell out of my chair laughing, but I'm not sure why I'm now a toad.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 12:27:10 am »

HUMAN doesn't have a caste called DEFAULT, so the game freaks out and turns you in to the very first creature in the raws, which just happens to be a toad. Replace DEFAULT with MALE or FEMALE and it should work.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 12:29:57 am »

HUMAN doesn't have a caste called DEFAULT, so the game freaks out and turns you in to the very first creature in the raws, which just happens to be a toad. Replace DEFAULT with MALE or FEMALE and it should work.

Ok, thanks. Can I put one interaction for male and once for female under the castes so they both regenerate properly?

EDIT: well crap, I got the male one to work, sort of. The ability activates fine, but it does nothing. Can I have myself turn into an animal and back really fast? Like use START:0:END:1 to turn into a toad or something, then START:1:END:2 to turn back?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:34:10 am by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
Pages: [1] 2