Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19027 times)

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2012, 08:20:10 am »

Xil is slightly disappointed as a twinge of pain shoots up his arm.  He didn't deserve any of this treasure at the way he was performing, clumsily bumbling into this room, knocking things around, and with nothing to show for it.  Well, there's always next time!

Xil composes himself, attempts to extract the slivers of metal from his person, and continues toward the shrine

((I think he made up the meaning of the words in his mind))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2012, 08:22:26 am »

((I think he made up the meaning of the words in his mind))
((Wow, it may actually make sense. Then Eldrin is a very naughty little assassin.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »

Store my training rapier in my bag or belt and grab a Sun-Gold sword and the black mace. Wield black mace, stash sword. Continue to catacombs!

"I suspect the zealots will have extensive training against these swords, but it might be nice to carry one or two regardless.

Speaking of which, I'm feeling rather out of place without a companion; hopefully we'll find my partner soon."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2012, 03:59:31 pm »

Well time to take that shrine down. "Necromancer when we find another of those brutes try to raise him before your minion get's to it!" I believe Ive heard someone ask what we were doing down here? Anyways I'm here to settle a little debt with these twin sun cultists. 
Move with others to the catacombs 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:53:08 am by antlion12 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2012, 03:36:28 am »

*poke*
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:28 am »

Go into the catacombs with the others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2012, 04:53:48 am »

So that is who we were missing!

And I was thinking we had all acted.  :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2012, 04:54:43 am »

Me too. Damn it Flintus, you've given him an excuse. :P

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2012, 01:02:26 am »

Another revival. Hey, don't look at me: Irony forced me to do it! He used his Flagrarussian randomization algorithm, the sort that causes TPK even with perfectly good rolls. I'm afraid I need hostages in case he ever decides to unleash that horror again... and you're them.

[Turn 9]
Head deeper into the Temple for their Main Shrine. Lead the way and gesture at Amala where I'm headed. Which is obviously the catacombs.
As you take the armor out into the light, you notice it has an unusual design. The leggings have been taken out, replaced by a long laminar skirt split in the middle, and torso itself has no padding - only a cloth layer onto which the leather plates are sewn. It seems this model has been adopted for use with the robes that you see these Zealots wear.

[Roll against Blushing: 3] You hand the armor over to Amala, trying not to show your excitement when her hand accidentally touches yours: you have had enough embarassment for today. When she stops looking at you with these captivating, beautiful maroon eyes, you turn around, release the breath you've been holding and pick up the four bolts with Sun-Golden tips.

Added item: 4 Sun-Gold Bolts. Cause pain on hit; may get stuck in the target's body.

Amala proceeds to don the leather armor over her clothing and open the door to the Catacombs, entering it afterwards.
[Roll Against Blushing: 5] You put on the armor that Eldrin has so meekly given to you. [Know-How Bonus: 4] A quick glance reveals that it's been made specifically to fit onto the robes: aside from the obvious 'laminar skirt' part, you notice the a multitude of thick, closely-set straps running along the armor's arms.
After you try to move in the armor, you understand exactly why it was made like that: the enhanced strapping gave the wearer a degree of control in combat not even bare clothing could offer. That sort of agility would be useful in a fistfight.

Added: Zealot's Leather Armor(-1 to damage taken, fits only over Zealot's Robe, hand-to-hand combat now requires only a 3+ difference in rolls for a critical hit).

Xil composes himself, attempts to extract the slivers of metal from his person, and continues toward the shrine
[Regeneration: 4] [Extraction: 1] You fail to extract the sharp metal from your hand; in fact, your flesh closes right over the splinters as you drive them even deeper in.
[Roll against Unforeseen Consequences: 2] Your hand stops hurting, but now it itches. Awfully. It's almost as if there's a thousand tiny imps sitting in it scrubbing away at your bones.
Ah well, at least you can use both hands again.

Handful of Filings cured. Kind of.
Itch: appeared after a partially-succesful attempt to get tiny slivers of metal out of your skin, which has gotten them out of your skin and into your flesh. Currently located in the left hand.

Store my training rapier in my bag or belt and grab a Sun-Gold sword and the black mace. Wield black mace, stash sword. Continue to catacombs!
[Know-How Bonus: 2] The black mace feels heavy even from a vampire's point of view. The slick material of its head is as black as coal and oily to touch. It leaves black smudges on everything it touches, but seems to be in pristine condition even though the mace's handle is worn and battered.
You would have called forging the handle from steel 'excessive' if you didn't feel just how powerful that mace's strikes can be in the right hands. You fail to see any way to make these things work as good as they do in the Brutes' hands, though. They're just too clumsy for normal macefighting to work, and learning it by trial and method will take quite some time.

Added item: Black Mace. -1 Strength penalty to hit, 1d8 damage, enemy Rolls Against Wounds with a +1 modifier on every hit.
Added item: Sun-Gold Longsword. +0 to hit, 1d6+1 damage, causes pain on hit.

Move with others to the catacombs
Head down to the Catacombs, for loot and more undead minions
Go into the catacombs with the others.
There is a stairway downwards behind the northern door; Diego mentions that this stairway leads to the first level of the Catacombs, which house the zealots' barracks and an emergency cache of weapons.

You go down the stairway and find yourselves in a wide, short stone corridor. There are ten deep niches carved into the corridor's walls, a mattress in each one, but no humans.

You see an iron-wrought double door farther down the corridor; it's closed tightly, but you can hear growling from the other side.
There is also a trapdoor in the ceiling. It's almost human-sized, so one or you might squeeze through if they tried. There are no sounds coming from the trapdoor - not even the monotonous hum of flowing, pressurized liquids - but you don't know where it'll lead.

Samuel points out this trapdoor wasn't here before: it must be one of the newer additions.

Eldrin hears a voice in his head while he sizes up the trapdoor:
"Champion, climb up. There's a hellish piece of machinery hidden behind that trapdoor; you will lose if you don't take control of it in due time."

The group is in Catacombs Lv. 1 now. Door allows an unlimited amount of people through; growling heard from the other side. Trapdoor lets through only one person a turn, allegedly empty, destination unknown.

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Headhunter (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2012, 03:17:09 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

The man tapped his daggers with his free fingers as he thought of his action on that door.

"Doors trapped. Fixing it. Going in first."

. . .

He couldn't get the image of Amala out from his mind, was that the cause of his abrupt behavior?

Acquiesce to voice, climb up, disarm any traps.

Use Shadow Vision to check room above.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2012, 06:40:52 am »

Amala sighed. Oh no, it looked like the human boy was getting a little too happy with the situation. Probably because of what she had said in an obvious mistake at that time.

She snaps her fingers near Eldrin's ears.

"Hey brat. Stop thinking about me and do something actually useful. And to end this once and for all: no, you don't have a chance with me."

Take away Eldrin's illusions and wait for him to commit trapdoor-assisted suicide

If there is any speech roll to fail and if said roll fails badly, make very suggestive commentary on the mattresses.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:00:11 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2012, 09:05:36 am »

Xil finds himself utterly unable to remove the filings. Like parasites they've barreled further in, causing extreme discomfort. The itching reminded him of the aftermath of a passionate night he had long before his turning. The memory of his humanity was too much for him. He wanted more than anything to remove these filings, but he was not so stupid to mutilate himself in the process.  In times like these, it is best to understand the surroundings. The metal piercing his hand would have to wait until a more precise surgery could take place.

Xil places his ear upon the door, hoping to discern the origin of the noise

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:54 pm »

"If you plan on opening that, I'm ready."
Take a swig from my wine bottle, and point my crossbow at the door, have zombies stand in front of me in case something gets through

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2012, 02:03:46 am »

Once Xil is finished, open the door myself, maul at the ready.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »

"Diego get ready to bash in the face of whatever comes out of that door."
Get into position to attack whatevers behind the door
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:04:15 pm by antlion12 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11