Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19025 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2012, 09:31:54 am »

Amala snickers.

"These robes are worthless, but I do not have a better choice, do I?"

Check if any of the robes is less bloodstained, discretly don it over the uniform and under the cloak. Slap the Assassin's butt to get him embarassed.

"Stop talking with pauses during your speech, it makes you sound even more worthless than you already are. Have some confidence!"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2012, 02:21:40 pm »

Well let's see what we can do here. Hey necromancer try to raise that brute we need that extra extra muscle with what i plan to do!. Diego over here i need you to confirm this map.
Look over the map and see where the shrine is

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:56 pm »

"Quite," Kal said to Xil, nodding. "I am here because they tried to kill me and abducted my assistant, both of which are rather serious problems."

Search for weapons cache.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2012, 03:38:02 pm »

"Well, if we're going to make any further plans, I have a tower, we can always go there for further planning against these 'Two Suns' or whatever."

Attempt to raise the brute

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2012, 03:41:10 pm »

"I'm not sure that's wise," Kal said, frowning. "And I'm not willing to abandon my companion down here without some assurances that she'd be safe."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »

"Well, if we're going to make any further plans, I have a tower, we can always go there for further planning against these 'Two Suns' or whatever."

((My prey!))

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »

"These Twin Sun's cultists threaten to destroy the order we have worked for centuries to establish. They seem to have gained a massive amount of political power."

Samuel motions to the dead zealots.

"And it is clear that they have become bold enough to denounce us and strike publicly. I say we look for whatever treasure lies in this place and then find somewhere safe to plan our next move."

Samuel helps Xil look for the treasure.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2012, 09:39:10 pm »

"By 'this place,' you mean right here or deeper in?" Kal said, glancing around, "This is just a training room for the Sun-Gold; deeper in might have more interesting finds."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2012, 06:41:37 am »

"I refer to whatever treasure Xil believes is down here. He is the one you should ask."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2012, 02:24:09 am »

[Turn 8: Looting and Embarassment]

"Well, there goes my only chance at getting some information..." Xil muttered to himself. Composing himself, he faces the group: "Now that we all have so valiantly dealt with these disagreeable fellows, I think we would all benefit from a little chat concerning our intentions."

"I for one am here because some nefarious individual in this temple has framed me, accusing me of being a creature of the night, no less!"

The feigned indignity on his face subsides, replaced with a childish grin, "Now, who is going to help me find this treasure I have been searching tirelessly for?"

Continue search for treasure, begin by examining bodies
[1] [Roll Against Wounds: 1] You decide to start your looting spree with the bodies- OUCH! Your curious fingers have gotten into the Zealot 5's pocket, and the first thing they found there is a thick layer of metal filings. Seems like Lady Luck(and the bastard who laid this cunning anti-thief trap) really doesn't want you finding that stash.

Handful of Filings: Roll against Pain and Roll against Wounds with every action requiring two hands. Roll to Regenerate this wound every turn.

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Drain any corpse to sate my hunger.

"Amala, some of those robes could aid you. From the...wound I've given earlier."

The man knelt down, casting an eye to Amala before looking at the hulk of a man, his back sporting a deep gash from his dagger.

Well, he was hungry...
[Roll to Regenerate: 6]
[3][Regenerate: 4] You bite into the dead Brute's neck. He still seems to have had a bit of life in him, and so you are sated after a bit of drinking.

Then somebody slaps you on the butt. You turn around to see who did that and return the favor; moments later, you feel Amala's hand sitting tightly on your mouth and hear her voice purring something sensually into your ear. You're fully preoccupied with the 'sensually' part and fail to recognize the meaning of her words, so this might be a problem in the future.
When Amala withdraws from you, she is blushing heavily. Come to think of it, you seem to have a blush as well...

+7 HP
Brute's Corpse: drained.

Amala snickers.

"These robes are worthless, but I do not have a better choice, do I?"

Check if any of the robes is less bloodstained, discretly don it over the uniform and under the cloak. Slap the Assassin's butt to get him embarassed.

"Stop talking with pauses during your speech, it makes you sound even more worthless than you already are. Have some confidence!"
[Regenerate: 6]
[Embarassment: 2 vs. 1] You slap Eldrin on the ass. He jumps and turns around to ask what that was for, but you put a finger on his mouth, bring your lips to his ear and whisper that he's smoking hot, albeit severely lacking in confidence... wait a minute, that wasn't what you wanted to say!

Eldrin and other people - the ones that paid attention, at least - give you really weird looks after your, well, action, and you feel a blush of your own creeping up your face. You hurry to pick up a spare robe and put it on. The best you could find was covered in blood, but at least there were no brains on it.

Eldrin: Blushing.
Amala: Blushing, wearing a Bloodstained Zealot's Robe now.

Well let's see what we can do here. Hey necromancer try to raise that brute we need that extra extra muscle with what i plan to do!. Diego over here i need you to confirm this map.
Look over the map and see where the shrine is
[3] Diego points to a room called 'Inner Sanctum' on the third level of the catacombs. Diego claims there is a shrine there, but it's made mostly of Sun-Gold and steel.

This is rather strange: the Suns' original shrine was a smooth obsidian slab, and nothing but the original shrine's remains can reproduce the connection of gods to the world.
The new shrine is either a protective shell built around the original one's remains, or merely a secondary shrine, serving to relay prayers and sacrifices to the original shrine built elsewhere. You won't be able to find out exactly which it is until you have a chance to examine the shrine personally, though.

"Quite," Kal said to Xil, nodding. "I am here because they tried to kill me and abducted my assistant, both of which are rather serious problems."

Search for weapons cache.
[2] You rifle through the racks of Sun-Gold weaponry, but see nothing aside from the Training Rapiers. Perhaps the cache isn't hidden within the racks, either.

[2] The brute, drained by Eldrin, doesn't seem to react to your gestures.
Two-Face, tired of waiting for something alive to eat, bends over the Brute's body and feasts. Gruesomely. [Satiation: 4][Cannibalism Bonuses: 3, none] When he raises, covered in gore, he seems to look at you a bit more favorably than before.

Brute's Corpse: mutilated, cannot be raised.

"These Twin Sun's cultists threaten to destroy the order we have worked for centuries to establish. They seem to have gained a massive amount of political power."

Samuel motions to the dead zealots.

"And it is clear that they have become bold enough to denounce us and strike publicly. I say we look for whatever treasure lies in this place and then find somewhere safe to plan our next move."

Samuel helps Xil look for the treasure.
[3] You finally find the cache where the zealots have taken their weapons from: it was carved into the wall and opened with a lever behind one of the wall's supports.
Unfortunately, you only see there one Black Mace, a set of Leather Armor and a few Sun-Gold Bolts. Not much of a weapons' cache, really; the cultists must have had a full-fledged armory deeper down the catacombs.

Loot added: Leather Armor, Black Mace, 4 Sun-Gold Bolts.

Status of the room:
All players and their minions are inside.
There are toppled racks of Sun-Gold Training Rapiers all across the room. The Sun-Gold is the only source of light in the room; there aren't any torches on the walls.
There is a door into the Catacombs Lv.1 in the northern wall, a door back into the Old Temple in the southern wall, and a breach in the eastern wall that leads into the Castle's Escape Tunnels.

Loot:
- 2 Sun-Gold Longswords
- an immeasurable number of Sun-Gold Training Rapiers
- 2 sets of bloodstained Zealot Robes, one of them Brute-sized
- 1 set of Leather Armor
- 1 Black Mace
- 4 Sun-Gold Bolts

Corpses:
Zealot Brute, dagger wound in the back of his head. Drained. Mutilated. Cannot be raised.
Zealot 1, an arrow in his skull and his brains on the ground. Cannot be raised.
Zealot 5, heavily burned, drained. Cannot be raised.

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Headhunter (click to show/hide)

((Sorry for the delay. It was part procrastination, part trying to analyze and fix the faults of my writing. Alas, neither turned out to be productive.
Anyway, let me remind you that the room has a) unclaimed loot and b) a door to the Catacombs Lv.1. Taking items is a free action.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:36:20 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2012, 06:02:46 am »

(( :P))

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Eldrin stood up and shifted his daggers around, calming down from the...experience. He didn't know Amala knew such words, especially in that accent.

He smiled, taking the Leather Armor and handing it over to her while claiming the four bolts as his own.

"This suit fits you rather nicely. Indeed, very fine." He said, his smile growing into a wide grin. The Armor was exquisite!

Head deeper into the Temple for their Main Shrine. Lead the way and gesture at Amala where I'm headed. Which is obviously the catacombs.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:15:53 am by Tiruin »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2012, 06:28:00 am »

"Next time Two-Face, just make sure that you eat before I attempt to raise anyone"
Head down to the Catacombs, for loot and more undead minions

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2012, 06:48:26 am »

((Dis' is working better than expected. I decided to take control of Amala for this kind of thing by the way. It'll only get worse as time progresses.))

Well, what she had just said was very off her standards, but it had worked nonetheless. She just wished her blush subsided. Amala accepted the leather armor by hitting the Assassin's hand first with her bow and then taking it.

"Yeah, right. What you really mean is that you only gave it to me because you would have serious trouble in wearing it while being embarassed because of a little teasing. Human men or vampire human men, you lot would find a door attractive if it had a hole in it."

Amala proceeds to don the leather armor over her clothing and open the door to the Catacombs, entering it afterwards.

"Are you coming or are you afraid, Weak-Legs?"

((@Tiruin: Eldrin did not understand what she said.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:54:37 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2012, 08:14:56 am »

((@Tiruin: Eldrin did not understand what she said.))
((Exactly. The accent.  ;D))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2012, 08:18:20 am »

He didn't know Amala knew such words, especially in that accent.
((The first part kind of does not make sense unless you are metagaming, since according to the turn, he was "fully preoccupied with the 'sensually' part and fail[ed] to recognize the meaning of her words"))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11