Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19072 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD - One Spot Open!
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 06:30:15 pm »

Wait for Two-Face and then continue to the hideout.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:25 pm »

Put on new clothes and send Diego to help the assassin also cover Diego's head with something to hide any mark of twin suns membership.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:20 pm »

Be in a coma.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:47 am »

Kal smirked at the drunk.

"Hmph. Bold when you're in your cups. Any actions to back it up, though?

Tell you what, drunkard. Follow me outside and I'll let you exchange blows. Follow me to our headquarters and I'll give you an even stupider opportunity. If you're smart, you'll stay put and forget all about this."

With that, he walked out. If the drunk was smart, he'd stay there. If he was violent and too bold for his own good, he'd get an offer he'd probably regret taking. Kal figured he could use all the help he could get, but didn't particularly like the thought of dragging some braggart into a temple full of zealots.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 06:40:20 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

"Enough with this!" Eldrin drew back his daggers and weapons and spread his arms out wide, showing nothing but his own blood-covered fists.

"Face me like a real guard! Show me that you can bring me down without aid!"

Attempt to close the distance, then 'feed' the blood to the Elfin guard, using nothing but my bare hands. Covered with blood, that is.

Escape with the guard, if possible.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 10:39:54 am »

[Turn 4]

Wait for Two-Face and then continue to the hideout.
You and Two-Face meet up at the end of the trail. He doesn't display any sign of recognition of your order. He also doesn't seem to be even remotely willing to speak.
You reach the temple with no problem, entering it just in time to hear the same scream as Speedster did. [Roll for Control: 1] Two-Face rushes forward, his mind flaring up with a hunger many undead feel when they find out there's a living being near them, and disappears behind a corner in three huge leaps. You can't hold him with mental commands alone; whoever screamed down there in the basements will probably die as soon as Two-Face gets to them. Should you chase after Two-Face to try and stop him, or move at a leisurely pace and let your servant have his fun?

Put on new clothes and send Diego to help the assassin also cover Diego's head with something to hide any mark of twin suns membership.
[Diego: 5] Diego agrees to your request and puts the mask back on. He jumps out of the window onto another rooftop and lets his newfound agility carry himself to Umbrento's manor... with graciousness you wouldn't expect from a hunk of meat like himself. Judging from his current speed, Diego will be at the manor in no time.
After getting a new change of clothing, you took a dagger and a rapier out of your weapons' rack. Is there anything else you need before leaving for the temple?
Item Lost: Torn and Burnt Expensive Clothing
Item Got: Expensive Clothing
Item Got: Dagger
Item Got: Rapier(+0 to hit, 1d5+1 damage. Riposte: can counterattack if the enemy misses you in melee)

Be in a coma.
[Auto-success] [Luck: 2] You get a feeling that several undead beings are approaching you; you attribute it to the stake's influence, however, and don't waste your strength trying to contact their minds.
[Regeneration: 4] You restore 4 HP.

Kal smirked at the drunk.

"Hmph. Bold when you're in your cups. Any actions to back it up, though?

Tell you what, drunkard. Follow me outside and I'll let you exchange blows. Follow me to our headquarters and I'll give you an even stupider opportunity. If you're smart, you'll stay put and forget all about this."

With that, he walked out. If the drunk was smart, he'd stay there. If he was violent and too bold for his own good, he'd get an offer he'd probably regret taking. Kal figured he could use all the help he could get, but didn't particularly like the thought of dragging some braggart into a temple full of zealots.
[2 vs. 1] The drunkard looks at you for a second with his booze-clouded eyes, then gathers his wits for a reply: "Yeah, right, so you and your self-righteous friends can ambush me in a dark alley. You'll have a better luck cleaning your priest's boots. Your new order thingamabobs won't work on me." He kicks back in his chair and orders another mug of ale, smug about his little victory in this dispute. You turn around and leave hastily before anyone else gets an idea to pick a fight with you; after you've made sure that the braggart didn't follow you, you go to the Twin Suns' temple.
[Search: 6] At the temple, you don't see or hear anything strange. You do, however, find a secret door in the wall behind the shrine, masked as a piece of wall with a torch set into it as a handle: swinging it open like a normal, albeit very heavy, door, you notice it is leading into a long and twisted corridor. You hear voices, clangs of metal and sounds of struggle coming from behind the door. Will you proceed?

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

"Enough with this!" Eldrin drew back his daggers and weapons and spread his arms out wide, showing nothing but his own blood-covered fists.

"Face me like a real guard! Show me that you can bring me down without aid!"

Attempt to close the distance, then 'feed' the blood to the Elfin guard, using nothing but my bare hands. Covered with blood, that is.

Escape with the guard, if possible.

[Challenge: 4 vs. 2] The elf answers your challenge to a fist fight by setting down the bow and running at you, knuckles bared. That seems awfully self-confident for such a small creature...
[Unarmed: 5 vs. 2+1] [Damage: 4] Overly self-confident, you could say. As soon as the elf gets into your range of attack, you strike fast and hard at their heart. Your palm crashes through the elf's puny scraps of a uniform, through their ribcage, two fingers piercing their heart. You hear the elf's voice the first time for this entire battle: it was thinner than that of a male, similar to a flute in timbre than a horn. So, that guard was a woman after all... It was unlikely that even Umbrento would hire a female guard - they often ruin the discipline in the barracks, after all - unless that guard was especially talented in some field. And hey, maybe she was - you never know how old an elf in front of you is!
But back to point. Once your fist breaks the elf's heart, your blood mixes with her blood, and in a moment, her eyes turn from pained and agitated to calm and indifferent, with these constantly dilated pupils that you saw in the Doctor's eyes and in your mirror every day. She's now a vampire, no doubt.
Guard Elf turned into: Vampire Elf, 15/15 HP, unarmed, +1 to Reflex, +1 to Speed.
[First Impression: 1 vs. 6; Critical failure!] The elf smiles faintly as she gets a grip on your wounded shoulder and shakes it with exaggerated friendliness. "You lead an interesting life, night creature. I feel so calm and painless even though I'm mortally wounded; after centuries of fighting worldly needs and struggling to live in your human muck, I find it... liberating. Nevertheless, it's clear you have done this with the purpose of making me your servant - and I will never give up my freedom again, no matter what else. Prepare to die."
[1+1 vs. 6; Critical miss!] [Critical Damage: 4*2] [Grapple: 6 vs. 1+1] The guard then crushes your shoulder in her hand and swipes at you with un-elfish strength, trying to rip your head off in one blow. She relies too much on the pain her shoulder-grip would cause you, however, and so you interrupt her hand's movement, snap it in three sharp movements and wrap it about her neck like a garrote. You then push the elf into a wall and pin her down, trying to win time to convince her about your good intentions.
[Elf's Common Sense: 6] The elf grudgingly submits... only so she can land a groin attack. [2+1 vs. 5] You let the attack connect on purpose, showing her that dirty fighting is useless against a vampire. The elf still struggles, but her anger seems to give in to the realization that she's outmached in this battle. Maybe she'll be willing to listen to reason this time.

Umbrento's Manor Gates:
Vampire Elf, 2/10 HP, unarmed. Pinned against a wall: can't do anything using hands, every incoming attack is an auto-hit.

Speedster: [3] You proceed into the basements and detect a strong smell of blood and fear somewhere down there. You try to track it down, but hear footsteps of something heavy sprinting like a lion chasing an antelope. You turn around... [Roll against Terror: 2] only to see something that barely resembles a person, covered in boils and tumors, half its face a huge solid scar with bloodshot eyes, its steps - or, rather, leaps - as wide as you are high. Your hands involuntarily relax and your staff clangs to the ground as the creature shoves you to the side with a guttural, raspy growl. It then continues sprinting down the corridor, its partly-torn ribcage spreading and contracting like whistling bellows of flesh and bone.
After taking a few moments to catch a breath and pick up your staff, you hesitatingly continue walking in that direction. You don't see neither the creature nor the one who had screamed yet, though. Will you keep going or try to escape the temple?

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:13:40 am by HmH »

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 12:15:32 pm »

Gather news about recent events then wait patiently for Diego and Eldrin to return

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 03:15:33 pm »

Follow Two-face and drain the blood of whatever is screaming, then let him finish before we continue. act non-aggressively towards the Speedster should we cross paths
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:05:33 pm by empfan »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »

Absolutely.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 06:09:20 pm »

Continue to be in a coma, but see if I can feel the presence of the undead around me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 11:17:54 pm »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Eldrin held the Elf with a firm grip, noting her struggling and strength -desperate, but still in control of your own will. Was this how he firstly felt upon being turned? Nevertheless, he continued holding her, careful to not let any mistake slip out while casting the occasional glance behind him at the burning mansion and it's gardens. He had to keep to his code.

Diplomacy and Reasoning, Ho!

"Listen to me now and listen good, Elf." He adjusted his grip for comfort on his victim's side, but enough to show he meant the threat of death if she did anything rash. "I may not be the man who I once was, but I still hold my freedom and dignity as much as you do yours. But this curse is not mine to bear, for even I do not know how this curse spreads." He knew that was true, other than the power of the Spin Doctor. "You have my word that I will not kill you, but only if you comply and escape along with me. I am an Assassin, I do not break my oath. Pick up your bow, and let us leave. Your Warrior Spirit is not broken, and I will not be the one to break it."

He couldn't help but feel a bit proud of the Guard, despite the carnage around her, she still held her own Liberty high in the face of death -or re-death, as the situation would be.

"I was once a man, but I am free to travel my own path, even in this state. And no matter what you do, I swear to any God out there that I do not claim control over you but before anything else, could you tell me your name, Madam?"

Main Goal: Escape with the Guard!

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 12:46:23 am »

I claim the Speedster! For the sake of consistency I will retain the character name.

Though his undying body had long abandoned perspiration, either an inconsequential side effect of the turning or possibly a testament to his peak physical condition, Xil instinctively wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. As a creature of the night, he had nearly forgotten the sensation of fear; hairs stood on end, a deep prodding in the pit of his stomach, warning him of impending danger.

It was all coming back to him. He could almost hear his own racing heart, a sound now foreign to him. The prodding in his stomach freezing him in place quickly became a prodding meant to push him into action.

Realizing that this terrifying monster proved no threat to a fellow undead, Xil rushed ahead with a foolhardy confidence, intending to use his unnatural agility to quickly deplete the life of the origin of the scream and deprive the pile of necrotic flesh of its next meal. With complete disregard for the possibility of a trap or unseen dangers awaiting, Xil convinced himself that in the event of a confrontation with the living he could easily dispatch the corpse and appear a hero to the townsfolk, perhaps raking in another 100 gold pieces.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2012, 11:50:58 pm »

Assassin Necro bump. :3

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 04:36:19 am »

I- but- *meets Tiruin's lion-face* ALL GLORY TO THE NECROTOAD.
I'll give it another try if you really think I'm not that bad at GMing.

The revival will be soon-ish as in '1 to 4 days away'.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 06:24:37 am »

Tiruin wants his assassin to tap dat elf.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11