Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19028 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:31 am »

Ancient: A robe-clad man steps forward, raises a hand, and the crowd goes silent in an instant. [2] You connect to the man's mind, but his will is unwavering - a rare thing for mortals, as only a fanatic who truly believes every word he says could be so impenetrable to your influence. He begins to speak loudly, the castle's layout bringing his voice clear and loud to you:
"I am the High Priest of the Twin Suns, Adolat and Harok, lords of Fire and Order. I speak for my gods, as they have revealed to me a horrible vision: you, holding a struggling maiden, your demonic teeth sunk into her neck." Ah, the Twin Suns. You were once their high priest yourself, a long time ago; however, when you refused to sacrifice your own son, they cursed you to make a blood sacrifice every week as long as you lived. Perhaps they finally noticed that the uncontrolled spreading of your curse leads to more chaos and destruction in the world than their petty revenge dictates them to tolerate, or maybe they just felt like ruining your life again - nevertheless, they were back to pulling mortals' strings like in the old times, and such happenings were always bad news.
After a short pause, the robed man continues: "Gods have told me that they wish to purge the world from the curse that twisted you into what you are. If the order was to prevail and your terrible crimes to be revealed, I had to spread the word of your atrocities and, a week after the vision, seek you before the castle gates. So I did... and look what it got me." [Rally: 5] He leans onto his staff and takes a breath for the finishing part of his speech - judging from the way his mind burst with fiery hatred a few seconds ago, he was readying a rallying cry. "The vampire himself appears in place of the king, pleading the crowds to swallow their rightful anger and return to their chains under his monstrous reign! You have committed a worse treason than ours: you're using your own benefactor to shield yourself from the blame, while HE is nowhere to be seen! How low will you fall in an attempt to escape justice, murderer, and where is our KING?"
The rest of the man's tirade was drowned out by the crowd's renewed shouts of anger. It seems this raving fanatic had been rather good at leading them, and with his gods' help... was there any hope to avoid bloodshed when the Twin Suns themselves wanted blood?
The castle's constable whispers into your ear: "Sire, I think they will storm the gates soon; it's not safe in the castle. I have prepared everything for your escape. My men will be waiting for you in the castle's dungeons; they'll lead you into the town's outskirts so you can go into hiding until this rebellion has been stopped."

Assassin: You have one more thing to do in this mansion before you make your escape, and that's wiping the traces of your contract with the Umbrento. After all, you failed as an Assassin; if you let him hold onto that piece of information, he'd be able to blacken your name among the professionals of your kind. You didn't want a person as rotten as Julius to have that sort of power over you.
[5+1] After a little walk, you arrive at what you remember to be the mansion's archives. Julius led you there once, to show you the maps of Augustine Volkar's mansion. In the archives, you find Julius's record book with a list of names and numbers against them. You see your own name, "Eldrin Faenir; 200" near the end of the list... and two lines below it, a strange entry that wasn't a name: "Twin Suns; 0; Note: offered to help for free if I gave them the maps."

Necromancer: [2] Your zombies put the door on bolt and chain, but can't put together a barricade on such short notice. The door itself is resilient, but the lock is old and fragile, and won't hold long.
[5] vs. [3], [Damage: 4] Your bolt hits the enemy group's Archer in his chest. He is wounded severely, but keeps fighting.

Enemy rolls:
Archer: [2] vs. [4] Archer shoots at you, but the arrow misses you by a mile.
Imigo: [4-1+2] vs. [3], [Damage: 6] He rams his sword's pommel into the door with immeasurable force. The chain twanks miserably, but holds. The bolt gets a small fracture in it.
Hammerman: [3-1+1] vs. [6] His attack has landed poorly, and the chain absorbs the strike's force without visible deformations.
Maceman: [6+1] vs. [2], [Critical Damage: (2+1)*2] The group's maceman, however, lands a blow both with precision and force, and shatters its bolt and chain into pieces. The doors swing wide open and the adventurers enter the tower.

The Tower:
Xil(19/20 HP), Full(5 turns left)
Archer(1/5 HP), wields a shortbow(+0 to attack, +0 to damage)
Imigo(15/15 HP), Very Strong(+2 to strength-based rolls), wields a greatsword(-1 to hit, +2 to damage).
Hammerman(10/10 HP), Strong(+1 to strength-based rolls), wields a hammer(-1 to hit, +0 to damage, Critical Damage against fragile creatures).
Maceman(10/10 HP), wields a mace(+0 to attack, +1 to damage) and a shield(+1 to defense).
6x Zombie(30 HP total, crowd attack: one roll against a single enemy for 6d6 damage)
2x Armored Skeleton(10 HP each), both wield a sword(+1 to attack, +0 to damage) and a shield(+1 to defense)
Door(0/10 HP), Swung wide open

Alright, that's it for today. I won't be able to roll at least for a day or so. I hope you enjoyed the game; I sure did. Writing turns out to be an excellent distraction from the flu.
How do you feel if I do the game in irregular bursts like this one instead of making turns on a regular schedule, at least until we all get together and I can unify the timeline for all characters? I'll still try to roll mini-turns every day, I mean, but not on a marathon scale like I did today.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:28:00 am by HmH »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »

So far so good with everyone so far...except the survivalist.

Shout orders to keep barring the door, and finish off the archer to be resurrected directly after killed

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 01:22:39 pm »

Xil Valcenti - Speedster

Xil looks over at the human who was foolish enough to challenge him to a duel and smiles. " Of course I will accept the duel, if only to clear my good name. Such wild accusations this one shouts eh mayor?"

Suddenly lunge forward with my spear and skewer and his leg

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

Oh i forgot to notify my bad.

Anyway i would like to attempt to convince the assassin to come out of hiding
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:42:59 pm by antlion12 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »

The mini turns are interesting. Thus far the uneven pace hasn't really come up, since we're not really interacting with each other yet.

Feed!

Ask if he'd like to change his mind after the next attempt.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:37 pm »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

'Strange, of all my time as an Assassin, I don't remember anyone putting irrelevant notes in a contract roster.' Eldrin put a hand to his 'stache again and mused on the decision, occasionally looking over the list again, and back at the door. It looks like nobody had noticed his entry.

'Would they notice a torn leaflet, or maybe...fire?'

Erase his name and get the strange entry; through the most creative way possible.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 12:21:19 am »

Bel - Ancient

I guess peasants will always continue to be swayed by fools like this one. Such a shame that they would throw their pathetic short lives away.

Hopefully the constables men are still loyal, I guess it'd be best to take my chances with them rather than this mob anyways.

"Very well constable, make preparations for these traitors to be dealt with. I hope your men are capable of protecting me in the meantime."

Head into the castle dungeons to meet with the constables men. Be cautious.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:46 pm »

Turn 1

Necromancer: [3] Your zombies slam the doors with the weight of their bodies, but only manage to keep the Hammerman and Maceman out of the tower. Imigo is still inside, and he's ready to deal with your skeletons.
[5] vs. [2], [Damage: 6] Your bolt nails the Archer straight in the left temple, pierces his skull, and rips a huge part of his face off on its way out. [6] When raising the corpse, you miscalculate the power you put into the gesture, giving the zombie hideous-looking muscle growths over his clothing and rough scar tissue on the torn part of his face.
Minion Raised: Two-Face! Those who target him have to roll against fear on initial attack, +1 to damage, auto-fail at passing for a human. 15/15 HP. Wields a shortbow(+0 to hit, +0 to damage) with 7 arrows.

Minions:
Skeleton 1: [2+1] vs. [1], [Damage: 5]. The skeleton jabs his sword into Imigo's unprotected hip and leaves a deep gash there. It doesn't seem to hinder Imigo's movements, though.
Skeleton 2: [2+1] vs. [4]. Imigo parries the second skeleton's strike with the flat of his blade, leans on his shield and pushes back; the skeleton slams into a wall, but gets back quickly.
Zombies: They're still trying to keep the doors shut.
Two-Face: [5] vs. [1], [Critical Damage: (2+1)*2] Your newest minion starts off his career with a fast and true arrow into the Hammerman's hand, which runs through, savaging the man's flesh severely. Hammerman: Pierced Hand, -1 to attack.

Enemies:
Just as Hammerman turns around to see why the Archer shot him, he saw the man's tumor-ridden figure and scarred face. [Roll against Fear: 5] But he has seen worse. Unfazed, the Hammerman charges into the hulking abomination and tries to get a hit in. [6-1+1-1] vs. [5] He barely misses the Two-Face, and only due to his recent wound.
Maceman tries to breach the gates once more. [5+1] vs. [2], [Critical Damage: 5*2] His precise strike shatters the door's hinges into pieces and it falls to the ground. There's no sense in holding the gates now, and your zombies pour out the castle, ready to swarm the Maceman at your command.
Imigo attacks the Skeleton 1. [1-1+2=2] vs. [4] His greatsword whooshes by his target's nose. While the sound is impressive, the results are not.

Speedster: [1-1+2+1] vs. [5+1] You agree to duel the man over his accusations, and attack him as soon as the fight begins. You rush past him, however, and the adventurer gets a clean shot at you... [1-1] vs. [4] Which he botches by slamming his axe into a table to your left.

Spin Doctor: [3+1] vs. [6] You loudly promise to spare the assassin if he surrenders. He doesn't respond, but you hear something clang in the opposite end of the room, where your fireplace stood. Wait, what would an assassin do near the fireplace?..
[Badassery: 6] A mountain of a man wearing plated leather armor and a steel mask crashes through the door, holding two white-hot shortswords in his hands. "DIE, FIEND!" he roars and dives at you, stabbing with both weapons at once.
[6] vs. [2], [Damage: 5+2] Your flesh sizzles as the attacker's left sword buries itself deep in your stomach. That wound hurts like hell, but vampires aren't really known for letting a few fried organs take them down.
[1] vs. [6], Critical Miss! [Damage To Self: 4+2-2] Fortunately, you manage to intercept his right hand's movement and jab the other sword into his own shoulder. The man screams in agony and forces the now-cooled sword out of the wound, slightly bending it in the process. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT, VAMPIRE!"
You hear the clanging footsteps of your guards rushing up the stairways. They'll be here soon.
Augustine: -7 HP
Brute: -4HP

Volkar's Mansion:
Augustine(13/20), bare-handed(+0 to hit, +0 to damage, on critical hits enemy has to roll against instant death), wearing punctured and burned Expensive Clothing.
Assassin(16/20), wielding two shortswords(two attacks, +0 to hit, +0 to damage), wearing a Plated Leather Armor(-2 to damage taken) and a steel mask.

Survivalist: [4] vs. [1] Struggling seems to have worn the Archer out, and you get a hold of his wrist effortlessly. You take a few sips of his blood, then stop drinking and ask if he's reconsidered yet.
[6] vs. [5] Archer closes his eyes whispering to himself for a few seconds, and when he opens them, his face has a different expression: no longer afraid or enraged, but full of certainty. He nods. "Yes. I will talk... if only because the Twin Suns themselves demand it. Ask your questions, vampire."

Assassin: [Creativity: 6] Why go for just one page? You can steal the whole book! No one will notice it missing after the fire consumes the archives, after all. You light an oil lamp, throw it at the shelves and lock the door. You then vandalize the lock with your dagger to make sure it won't open again.
Now, it's time to get back to the temple and turn in the gem... how will you leave the mansion?
The windows of the first and second stories have grates on them, and jumping from a three-story height is hazardous, so you won't be able to run away from a chase after you jump.
You could leave through the front door, but there are two guards standing watch there at all times, and there's no way around them. Unless you get very lucky, you'd have to fight them off.
There's also the rooftop way out, but you'd need to get to the top floor of this mansion first. The problem is, Julius lives on the top floor, so there may be extra guards posted there. Still, if all of Umbrento's guards are as drunk as the ones in the dungeons were, sneaking past them should be no problem.

Ancient: [Luck: 2] You find the signs of treachery even as you pass the battlements. The doors are unbarred. There are no extra archers on the wall. There's no guards running around like it usually is in an emergency situation - and you have been in enough emergencies to know that they're all alike. Still, it was a little surprising that no one attacked you on your way to the dungeons if they wanted your head that badly.
Once you reach the basements, two guards greet you. A slight touch of your will reveals no hostility on their minds, but you can't be fully sure about their motives with only a surface check. One of the guards seems to be a slave to his temptations, doing his job for money alone; you could dominate him in your sleep. The other, however, will be a tough nut to crack, as he's naive and believes strongly in his professional duty. Will you let the guards guide you while they're in their right minds, or will you dominate them here and now?

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:21:07 am by HmH »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 12:58:59 pm »

shout at Two Face to aim for Imigo, the zombies to gank the Maceman, and the skeletons to keep doing what they're doing. Aim and fire at Imigo while the skeletons distract him with combat.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:46:04 pm by empfan »

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 01:39:28 pm »

Well well it seems that he does not work for my nemesis he's too competent

Bluff him to make him less willing to fight and attempt to take off the mask

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:36 pm »

Xil Valcenti - Speedster

Xil scowls as his attack misses the human entirely before spinning around and using the spear like a quarterstaff and trying to knock the humans legs out from underneath him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 09:10:32 pm »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

'Well, good chap, this is quite the predicament.'

Head through the front door, Disable the first guard through unarmed nerve attack. {Sneak}
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:48:40 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 09:24:58 pm »

"Excellent! I'd also say wise, but you don't sound like you're doing this because it's a good idea.

Now then, let's begin with the basics: Who are the Twin Suns, why do they want me dead, and why are you among them? Oh, and what interest do they have in my 'heretic?'"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »

Allow the guards to lead me while keeping an eye on both.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:22 am »

I made a turn two days after Flintus posted, on 23rd, but, as it turns out, forgot to actually post it. Ah well, hope it's nothing that can't be fixed.

[Turn 2: You Scream Like A Mortal]

Necromancer:
Two-Face: [3] vs. [3] Two-Face tries to prepare another shot, but the Hammerman gets in melee range even before Two-Face can even pull back the string.
Hammerman: [1-1] vs. [1] While doing so, Hammerman forgets completely about balance and slips, falling face-first into the dirt. Fortunately for Hammerman, Two-Face isn't fast enough to finish him before the zombies' attack distracts everyone on the battlefield...
Zombies: [6-1] vs. [2+1], [Damage: 18] The zombies howl in unison and descend upon the Maceman like an avalanche of rotting, roaring meat. He doesn't react fast enough... and undead don't give second chances. His screams and pleads for mercy are ignored as the zombies twist his limbs off with sickening crunches, and shortly after even these screams go silent. The air is thick with the smell of blood now, and you can sense your enemies' will to fight slowly draining from them. Every enemy on the field has to Roll Against Terror!
Imigo: [Roll against Terror: 2] He doesn't have the willpower to fight after seeing the undead's unthinking cruelty. He panics and runs back into the forest. [Imigo's Luck: 4] He might just make it back to town, since he had the wisdom to pick a road your caravans used over any other direction. This bog is a death trap, filled with mists and husks and thralls and giant mosquitoes, and that enchanted trail was the only safe way out.
Skeletons: [2+1] vs. [5]; [5+1] vs. [4], [Damage: 1] The first skeleton runs at Hammerman and misses him, while the second manages to land a glancing blow. Nothing serious, though. Hammerman: -1 HP.
Antora: [4] vs. [1], [Damage: 5] Since Imigo has left already, you decide to shoot at the Hammerman instead. Your arrow lands in his back, tearing muscles something fierce before fracturing his rib. [Hammerman's Roll Against Terror: 1] The Hammerman doesn't react, only curls into a ball and lets out a pained cough, clearly paralyzed by fear. Capturing him alive would be a piece of cake right now.

Two-Face scoffs at the Hammerman's pitiful whimpering, walks over to the Maceman's corp... er, the pile of flesh that was the Maceman some time ago, and equips the man's grime-covered mace and shield. He then points the mace in the direction of Imigo's flight and looks at you questioningly.

Spin Doctor:
Once you have averted the brute's strike, you started screaming in pain like any normal human would when stabbed with a white-hot blade - a high, eardrum-shreddingly loud shriek that carried with it the primal terror of a cornered animal. It was your oldest and most trusty trick to throw vampire-hunters off track... and those who saw through it never lived to tell the tale anyway.
[6+1] vs. [2], [Critical success!] The brute's eyes widen in horror and he takes a step back. "What... what have I done with this innocent man?! OH SUNS, WHAT HAVE I DONE?! I'VE STAINED YOUR NAMES WITH A MURDER! I DON'T DESERVE TO SEE THE NEW ORDER!!!" he cries, tearing his mask away, and plunges both his shortswords deep into his chest. You notice a tatoo of intertwined suns on his forehead, covered by his short bangs of oily black hair. His brows are nearly inexistent under a thick covering of scar tissue, and his cheeks have quite a lot of burn marks on them.
The guards finally reach the top of the stairs and see your wound; they get ready to finish the brute, but you dismiss them with a gesture and address the brute while he's still alive. "Even I haven't expected you to take such rash action... but I guess I just got that good at screaming over the years of practice. I'll have to let bleed to death here, as even the finest doctors in this city can't cure torn lungs. Unless... but you don't want to live at the cost of becoming like me, do you? Nod if you do!"
The assassin nods ever so slightly. You ponder for a moment whether to convert the brute or leave him to die - his creative approach to killing combined with that abnormal strength would make him a wonderful addition to your henchmen... but his religious devotion might just be strong enough to overpower a vampire's innate urge to obey those who turned them.

Speedster:
[5-1+2] vs. [2+1] [Damage: 4+2-2] In a perfect, sleek movement, you rush by the Axeman and knock him down on his face with the blunt side of your spear. While he's trying to roll away, you nail his shield arm to the floor and ask if he reconsidered his accusations. Axeman: -4 HP, lost the Shield
[Surrender: 1] "Go to hell, bloodsucker! Your head's worth a fortune!" [6-1] vs. [3], [Damage: 2+2-1] The Axeman reveals amazing reserves of inner strength by cutting off your spear at the tip and pulling himself back to his feet. While doing so, he strikes at your legs; the hit is softened by your armor, but it came dangerously close to cutting through your bones. Xil: -3 HP, -1 to speed until the end of combat. Iron Spear trimmed down to Quarterstaff(-1 to hit, +1 to damage, debilitating status effects on critical hits)

Tavern:
Axeman: 11/15 HP, wielding Axe(-1 to attack, +2 to damage)

Assassin:
You decide to leave through the front doors. You didn't want to get stuck in the middle of your mark's burning house, after all, and leaving as soon as possible had priority no matter the risk.
You reach the front doors in a few minutes. Sure enough, there were only two guards posted at the front doors. [Sneak Attack: Critical Auto-Success] [Roll Against Instant Death: 4] [Critical Damage: 6*2] Your strike against the first guard is so strong and precise that he falls to the ground limply like a doll. It seems he's still breathing, however. Guard 1: -12 HP, Unconscious(Critical Auto-Success on any action against him)
[Reflex: 2] The second guard didn't notice you or what you did to his colleague. Were you that fast, or was the guard just that slow? [Sneak Attack: Critical Auto-Success] [Damage: 1*2] You try the same attack on this guard as well, but it doesn't seem to land quite as well as the first strike. That guard is merely Dazed(-1 to the next action).

Umbrento's Mansion:
Guard 1: 3/15 HP, Unconscious
Guard 2: 13/15 HP, Dazed

Survivalist:
"I'm not among the Twin Suns; I'm of them. The Twin Suns are Adolat and Harok, the lords of Fire and Order, the true gods of this world. They are the ones who cursed you, creature of the night... and they want to take it back, as you're working against the installment of the New Order."
"Hold on. What's the New Order?"
The Archer snorts at your question in disdain, but elaborates: "The just rule of the Twin Suns. They'll purge the evil that plagues this land - beginning with vampires... then the werebeasts... then the criminals that dare taint this world with their presence... until none but the faithful remain in this world. We know it is possible, for the Twin Suns have spoken to us again after centuries of silence."
"Right. Another bunch of zealots... And my assitant? She's neither a vampire nor a werewolf. Not a criminal, either. Why did you take her?"
"Killing every vampire in this realm would take too long. The Twin Suns have created a ritual to undo the curse, and it would require only two captures: a master vampire - the original target of the curse - and a person naive enough to see anything human in your kind. Our people are already capturing the master, and your assistant seems to believe you actually care for her."
"But wouldn't it be easier to wait until the ritual is done, then kill me? And why did you decide to tell me all of that just now?"
"It was revealed that you and two other vampires... mutants, freaks even among your kind... have developed a different strain of the curse. You wouldn't be touched by the ritual, and would be free to keep spreading it, so we decided to strike fast and hard before you even realize your potential. And we almost succeeded. If I wasn't so fast to sound victory... we'd all be alive now, wouldn't we."
"As for why I didn't just tell you to go drink a goat... As I said before, the Twin Suns know what happened here already." Suddenly, you hear what seems like a big and angry crowd searching for someone, their footsteps approaching the alley. "Oh, here's the backup they sent. This time you'll die for sure. THE VAMPIRE IS IN THE ALLEY! GET HERE AND FINISH HIM OFF! HE HAS NOWHERE TO RUN!"
A crowd of peasants floods the street outside the alley... there's more of them than you can count, all wielding torches with their ends sharpened into stakes. They seem unusually organized, almost as if someone's coordinating their actions from an unseen position, and block out the alley's exits in the first few seconds.
Just as they start advancing, you remember the balcony that you hit your head on so recently. You wonder... maybe you could climb it and get to the rooftops?

Ancient:
[Luck: 2] The guards lead you through the secret passage as if everything is as usual, but you notice the wooden stakes on their hips. Stakes were bad news. When they landed anywhere in a vampire's body, the vampire went into coma immediately - and couldn't wake up until the stake was removed. And when they touched a vampire's heart, he burst into flames on the spot - usually burning to death if the stake wasn't removed.

After what seems like a whole day of walking through these endless corridors you finally reach what must be the execution grounds. The guards lead you into a dead end and draw their stakes. [Reflex: 6] You dominate the weak-willed guard in an instant, and even have enough time to try breaking the naive one. [3] vs. [6] However, his mind seemed to be cut off from your influence. That boy will make a good guardsman one day... if he lives.
Dominated Guard: [1+1] vs. [4+1] He fumbles for his sword, and loses the precious time he needed to intercept the other guard's attack.
Idealist Guard: [4] vs. [1] [Damage: 6] His stake strikes you precisely in the abdomen, and you feel the heavy shroud of a coma falling onto you... your body goes catatonic, and your mind will soon follow suit.
You feel that your grip on the weak-willed guard has started to fall apart. You won't be able to control him for long - maybe ten more seconds if you're lucky.

Samuel Bel: -6HP, Comatose

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:27:56 pm by HmH »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11