Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19034 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 04:57:54 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Eldrin cursed, in his mind. He was being too anxious to get out, or was it due to his extreme success that he did not notice?

He had to come up with something that won't cause much alarm. Feeding off the man was out of the question, any other person could just saunter in as he savored his meal. Besides, the blood would-...

'...Blood?' No! He pushed the thought away for the moment. He couldn't kill the man, even though  Umbrento's contract was broken, nor could he leave any trace of-...

Con the man.

"Ahh, sorry there my good man," he twirled his mustache while trying to give his most sincere smile, "I didn't have the time to alarm anyone; there would be an attack on Umbrento's vaults by the day tomorrow. I'm the ferryman; hired in secret to move this," he held up the Gem to the confused man's face, "to a safer place. Had no time to tell Julius himself, you'd understand eh? If you tell him, or anyone at all about this before the fake is replaced, I'll be the first to make sure you're treachery would be known.

"This should not be known by anyone, good chap. Remember, someone will be stealing this Gem, and I'm shifting it to a more secure place. Now if you'll excuse me, got to run, fetching the fake and all-..."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:58:03 am by Tiruin »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 05:15:12 am »

Assassin: You make up an elaborate story about taking the gem to the safe place and how the guy had to go inform Julius about it. He's got to swallow the bait, right?
[2] WRONG. The treasuremaster's eyes narrow at you, and he [Treasuremaster's Luck: 2] draws a dagger from his sheath and starts pressing you into a corner, not seeing a seasoned assassin under your common folk's clothes.
"You're going nowhere, good chap, until Umbrento says you're fine to leave. Now, let's go up to his room nice and quiet. Don't do nothing funny or I'll call the guards."
You feel that he's very angry... or scared... about you. You can hear it in his heartbeat, you can smell it in the sweat on his forehead, you can see it in his eyes. He would make a fine meal, indeed.
Status: Full(4 turns left), holding the gem of Anratha in his pocket.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 05:27:23 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Well, I gave him a chance.

Right?

No, he wasn't hungry yet. Maybe...a bit more coercion would prove worthy.

Aim for a K.O. by subtlety, hand-chop to the third vertebrae!

"Alright, my friend. I'll go quietly, but put your knife away. I won't do anything that would prove lethal to you, in my best intention whatsoever. Just to show you the truth, here," he held his arms out wide, "no knives or whatnot."

If this works, I'd better find a key in his pocket...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 05:55:10 am »

Huh. That went well!

Normally I'd be a bit more subtle than this, but... well, the situation rather speaks for itself, I think.

Savagely pummel archer with severed arms.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 05:57:19 am »

Assassin: [4] vs. [4] The treasuremaster blocks your neck-chop and counterattacks with a precise prod of his fingers into your stomach. You get a feeling that he's no usual treasuremaster... [Enemy's Badassery: 3, Alert the Guards: 2] Nope, he's not. He's a lucky one and he knows it. He also likes to gamble, and so, without saying a word, switches the dagger into his main hand and lunges at you.
[2+1] vs. [2], [Damage: 6-1] His lucky hit gets you square in the chest. You cough up some blood, but your body is much tougher now than it was before the conversion; you shrug it off.

The Vaults:
Eldrin Faenir(15/20), Full(3 turns left), has two daggers(two attacks per turn, +0 to hit, -1 to damage) and a dwarven crossbow(-1 to hit, +2 to damage)
Treasuremaster(5/5), wielding a dagger(+1 to hit, -1 to damage)

Survivalist: [3+1] vs. [2], [Damage: 3]; [1+1] vs. [4]; You grin and swing your - the Shieldbearer's, that is - arms at the Archer. Your right arm's swing connects and sends the stabby bastard flying into a wall. Your left arm doesn't reach him quite in time and only ends up spraying the wall with leftover blood.
[1] vs. [3+1]; the second Shieldbearer shrieks like a little girl and faints. You think you can feel the disgusting spirits of his... cowardness... filling the air.
[3] vs. [6+1]; the Archer raises a bow in his shaking hands and lets loose an arrow, but you catch it out of the air and snap it in half. Your grin then widens as you pounce at the shocked Archer in a counter-attack, [3+1] vs. [5] but his fist to your face proves too massive to catch out of the air.
Your Hunger stirs. The cloak-wearing boys already made sure there will be no witnesses on this street, and you don't think the other one will be waking up soon; maybe a snack would be in order?

The Dark Alley:
Kil(19/20), Hungry(-1 to social actions, +1 to physical actions, 5 turns left), dual-wielding Shieldbearer's Severed Arms and covered in blood.
Shieldbearer 1(0/5), Dead, has a blood-covered Twin Suns cloak, a kite shield(+1 to defense) and a shortsword.
Shieldbearer 2(5/5), Unconscious, has a blood-covered Twin Suns cloak, a kite shield(+1 to defense) and a shortsword.
Archer(2/5), Normal, has a Twin Suns cloak, a shortbow(+0 to hit, -1 to damage) and a quiver with 7 arrows.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:10:25 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 06:08:27 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Hmph, forgot what subtle means...

Parry the next blow and get close. Wrap hand over mouth to stifle screams and sink in for nourishment.

(Feast, in other words.)

"I'm sorry, old bean. But you're getting yours."

Spoiler: Edit; OOC (click to show/hide)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 06:16:47 am »

Spoiler: Edit; OOC (click to show/hide)
Right now, your personal turns and Hunger clock work by post. In combat, your Hunger clock will always count by post. The global turn thingy and waiting for everyone will kick in when I get tired of writing and start searching for an excuse to slow down. It's not going to be right now, mind you - probably when we get to the first major plot point.

Assassin: [3] vs. [2] Your appetite is too much to let some silly principles stop you. It's in self-defense, right? Right. Also, the bastard stabbed you. You close the distance between you and the treasuremaster in one leap and plunge your teeth into his throat. The world goes blurry as an incredibly thick and tasty aroma fills your mouth... that didn't happen before. Is it the 'high' that mr. Volkar wrote about in his letters, or is it just how your victim's fear tastes? Never mind, it's not important. You closed your eyes in bliss and let the taste take you away...
You open your eyes what seems a few moments later.  The old man's veins are completely dry and he's not moving. And you feel... great! It's as if you're more alive than you were as a normal human! The world is so... crisp. The smells, the colors, the tastes enter your mind and race about in an amazing carnival. Now you understand why the Spin Doctor always called it a High with the capital H.
[6+1] You pat the treasuremaster's pockets for a key and, sure enough, find a key. A whole bunch of keys, in fact. It's like he kept the keys to everything in the mansion! Too bad he wasn't scrupulous enough to actually label them. You'll have to get lucky to find the right key for any lock you encounter.
Status: High(+1 to all actions, 3 turns left), holds a chain of keys(+2 to opening doors in the Umbrento's mansion).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:35:59 am by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 06:22:27 am »

Feed on archer. Avoid killing, yet. If possible.

If I manage to incapacitate but not knock him out, question him on all the things he should have explained to me in a dramatic speech from the start.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 06:46:41 am »

Survivalist: [3+1] vs. [4] You set the arms down and try to lunge at the Archer once again. He keeps struggling, and fights you off once again. What a stubborn human. Ah well... you could distract him with a bit of talking and work up an appetite in the meantime.
[3-1] "Screw feeding, I want information first. Tell me who the Twin Suns are or I'll start cutting off your fingers."
[2] "Your trickstery won't work on me, fiend! If you truly cared for information, you'd ask about the heretic first!"
Status: 20HP, Hungry(-1 to social actions, +1 to physical actions, 4 turns left).

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 06:51:20 am »

OOC: Just to be clear how does dominate wills work? Does it make them my slaves who obey my words Or do I subtly plant ideas in their heads or is it something else?

Also is it noticeable?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 06:54:37 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Eldrin dropped the corpse and checked the door. He was a monster, not like his old self. But what was to be expected from a failed mission? Death, if lucky. This was close enough, and still he felt remorse deep inside.

He brushed it away and pocketed the keys, holding them carefully to stop any jingling. He figured it nobody noticed, besides, keys. He could probably guess the structure of each lock and key before anyone else noticed.

Sneak back out of the Vault, then check on Umbrento's Armory.

He was lucky, and he felt it. It was time to clean his slate as an Assassin.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 07:10:43 am »

OOC: Just to be clear how does dominate wills work? Does it make them my slaves who obey my words Or do I subtly plant ideas in their heads or is it something else?

Also is it noticeable?
The Ancient lived for centuries. He had time to practice all variations: noticeable, unnoticeable, flashy, subtle, word-based, soul-crushing, paranoia-inducing, et cetera, et cetera. Just think of it as an ability to manipulate other people's thoughts with your mind.
You can only dominate people one at a time, however. Also, it gets no bonuses from anything else, it'll always be a raw 1d6 roll.

Assassin: [1+1] You wander around the mansion's halls looking for an armory, but don't find anything.
Your torn shirt doesn't seem to attract attention, [Out-of-combat regeneration roll: 4+1, +5HP] and you notice that your wound from the treasuremaster's strike has fully mended itself.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:24:38 am by HmH »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 09:03:34 am »

Bel - Ancient

Must these peasants continue to bother their betters with their incessant whining. I must have my contacts discover the source of these rumors immediately after I've dealt with these fools.

"I call for silence! People of this great kingdom, I can assure you that the blood that runs through my veins is as pure as that which runs through any of yours.  I am our lords adviser and personal friend! Remember that any words you speak against me you speak against your king as well, for accusing your king of consorting with such a foul beast as you have done is surely an act of treason! I am sure you fine people would not take such a risk without some mis-guided proof so if any man speaks for you let him step forwards and announce the basis of these ridiculous claims.

Call for a spokesperson to step-forward from the crowd to state the basis of their accusations. Begin to shift his/her will slightly and make him/her seem doubtful about their claims

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 09:11:47 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Eldrin examined himself after checking the first doors. He had forgotten to swap clothing with his mark!

Well, at least everyone else is just as smart as that decision.

He still felt very sated from the...meal, he doubted his luck would run out soon, but a getaway plan would be made. He couldn't attack Julius, not yet.

He had to fix it.

Find the lorekeeper's room holding the lists of Contacted Assassins.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 10:00:42 am »

Antora Curses as he looks over the group. He quickly runs downs stairs to command the troops. He tells the peasant zombies to bar the door and the prisoners to stay in their rooms. He picks up his crossbow and the quiver and heads to the roof. He REALLY needs to put fortifications on this damn thing sometime. "Alright you sons of bitches! You want a fight? YOU FOUND ONE!"

fire a bolt at the archer that shot you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11