Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: masterwork bronze </>/= well crafted iron?  (Read 669 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
masterwork bronze </>/= well crafted iron?
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:13 pm »

havin a bit of trouble deciding weither i should sell my masterwork Bronze Scimitar, or my well crafted Iron Longsword. i duno what to do D:
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: masterwork bronze </>/= well crafted iron?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:50:04 pm »

Dual wield? Shields are for pussies.
This is a blank sig.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:51:47 pm »

dual wielding has no positive side affects unless its a spear and a sword, stab them to keep them in place and chop them appart, also i prefer to use a sword and my hand, strip them of things that are harmful and grab them by the upper body and chop them in half (lower body) or behead them.

also i collect heads :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:53:18 pm »

Stick with the Bronze Scimitar. The masterwork bonus is worth it and there isn't a really *big* difference between iron and bronze.

Also, I'm not even sure quality levels below masterwork even have an effect on performance anymore. So well-crafted might as well be no-quality, except in terms of price tags.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:55:05 pm »

cool thanx, i shall do that.

actually maybe not ima look at the weapons page of the wiki real quick, i remember scimitars actually being worse weapons then long swords for some reason

yea the scimitar has less size and contact area in everything other then stab and less penetration in everything other then pommel strike but velocity is the same for all the attacks.

it has a better chance to hit but a lower chance to cause as much damage, and with how i grab my targets before i attack them my hit chance is really high anyways, nearly never miss at all, so damage is my priority and the bronze scimitars are worse for that then iron long swords. so ima stick with my old iron long instead of the masterwork bronze scimmi or the decorated iron long. cus my old iron longsword is worth the value of both of them combined due to its kill list :P
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:09:10 pm by Xotano »