Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Humble Bundle Mojam  (Read 6789 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle Mojam
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 02:03:24 am »

I noticed you can build tracks with "r" but I haven't found a use for them.
Coffins can be picked up for some reason, to grief the other player?
Coffins won't spawn if you build a turret next to them but it's tiresome to try and stop all the coffins from spawning (with that terrible slow walk speed)

Still have yet to work out the point of the game... It still says 0% next to Lord Lard who's built rails all across the map even into the middle (you can blow up golden walls with bombs) and to that little purple shrine thing. Nothing seems to be happening, mashed all the keys.

Edit Seems like stuff like turrets can be built on rails but they don't seem to do anything noteworthy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:07:51 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 03:36:12 am »

We just need to wait a little bit for someone to make instructions. It has RTS elements, it's just that they didn't have time for a readme during the Mojam.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:05 am »

If you press 'r' while on the starting bit of the tracks it spawns a robot thing which travels along the tracks. Due to crashes I haven't actually found what it does when reaching the purple thing.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 06:06:34 am »

Ahh now I see the point of the game... well sorta.
When I made the little robots go to shrine and come back to my flag it made the other team get points for some reason, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

You can also build as many robots as you want, however they have no logic whatsoever and just spend their time getting stuck on each other even if you try to make a loop.  ::)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:01 pm »

Ahh now I see the point of the game... well sorta.
When I made the little robots go to shrine and come back to my flag it made the other team get points for some reason, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

You can also build as many robots as you want, however they have no logic whatsoever and just spend their time getting stuck on each other even if you try to make a loop.  ::)
Yeah, that's a bug. And there is a point to multiple robots, if you set it up correctly. When two robots collide on the tracks and one has some essence from the purple shrine, it passes it on to the other robot and they both reverse direction. It's like passing a bucket of water in a cartoon, just with steampunk technology.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 02:25:17 pm »

I hate the Mojang game but how do I import the source code into Eclipse? I'm learning Java and would love a gander at the source code. I've downloaded and extracted it but when I go import --> Existing Project, I can't.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 02:40:38 pm »

Four words:
Mojang, I am disappoint.

I'll see if I can still actually buy things, though. The Broadside Express looked pretty good.
/IfellasleepandtheMojamended

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 02:55:51 pm »

No way to buy it now, but you could try to acquire a gift key. And piracy would be somewhat justified in this case, but I don't suggest it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 03:01:51 pm »

And piracy would be somewhat justified in this case, but I don't suggest it.

However, a small donation to the charity of your choice may help alleviate the negative karma in this instance.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:23 pm »

I hate the Mojang game but how do I import the source code into Eclipse? I'm learning Java and would love a gander at the source code. I've downloaded and extracted it but when I go import --> Existing Project, I can't.

I've been using Eclipse lately but don't have it at home..
have you tried to just put the folder in your Workspace?

I can check tomorrow or Friday on the school computers and try to figure it out if you still have issues.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:09 pm »

I took it more as an opportunity to donate to some very good charities. There were also some (naturally very small) games thrown in, but it wasn't about that.

Of the two games that actually got released, I enjoy the Mojang one more, because it seems to be more game-like. The other one is just annoying because there's no enemies until you slow down, and then there are all the enemies.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »

I can check tomorrow or Friday on the school computers and try to figure it out if you still have issues.

I didn't buy the bundle, but it's possible that, if they created the game in Eclipse, they just exported the project to an archive. If so, you should be able to re-import it easily.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 04:09:26 pm »

I took it more as an opportunity to donate to some very good charities. There were also some (naturally very small) games thrown in, but it wasn't about that.

Of the two games that actually got released, I enjoy the Mojang one more, because it seems to be more game-like. The other one is just annoying because there's no enemies until you slow down, and then there are all the enemies.

Actually all three have now been released. Depending on when you played them there may have been updates for the other two as well.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 04:22:43 pm »

Jen wrote an article about how to do it on mojang.com so I know now thanks :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4