Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187802 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!
« Reply #885 on: March 29, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »

Thanks Jim, I was really sad to see no scumchat I could read, and you went and made it better!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 29, 2012, 05:49:29 pm »

Hahaha holy shit I suck

props Jim and IronyOwl.  I even said Jim was town.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:28 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU HAD TO LET ME BE NIGHTKILLED! *shakes fist*

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 29, 2012, 05:57:09 pm »

You know what was really disappointing? If Toaster had survived the night the escape would have happened. (THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR ELIMINATING YOUR BACKUP BASED SOLELY ON THE WORD OF A TOO-GOOD-TO-BE-TRUE CLAIM).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 29, 2012, 05:58:52 pm »

Goddammit! You fuckers had to go and blow it up at the last minute. It was all down to Irony knocking Toaster out at the end; if Toaster had made it, we still would have won.

Good call Toaster on not claiming pilot, and good call Irony on targeting him, but what made you choose him?

And damn you Jim for a) killing me, and b) fooling me. I was pretty sure you were town. I thought Irony was scummy, but I didn't see you coming. Good show, both.

...and there goes my undefeated Paranormal record. Oh well, I knew it wouldn't last forever.

PPE: Powder Miner, I tried to protect you, but reading the actions, it makes sense I failed: guards can't guard against a stun orb, and being stunned is the same as being killed in this set up. Good choice of tech by Shakerag, there; stun orbs were better than killer bots, and much cheaper.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 29, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »

You know what was really disappointing? If Toaster had survived the night the escape would have happened. (THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR ELIMINATING YOUR BACKUP BASED SOLELY ON THE WORD OF A TOO-GOOD-TO-BE-TRUE CLAIM).

If I hadn't survived the night, yes.  I was figuring there were going to be no nightkills and therefore us three would overpower the three remaining esapees.  Which, of course, didn't happen (THANKS JIM). 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 29, 2012, 07:40:52 pm »

Bwahahahaha! Excellent game there. Not too happy with my own lurking, but otherwise pretty solid.

Also, I have to say: Trying to interpret and send hidden messages letting others know who was a traitor was the BEST THING. You could have an entire gametype based on that principle!

Quote from: Dead Dariush
Primary goal: survive: failed.
Utterly and miserably. Whenever you get too much pressure, it seems like you stop defending yourself entirely and begin enraged non-sequitor ranting. It really doesn't help.

Quote from: Dead Dariush
Secondary goal: fuck the 'town' over by fakeclaiming kills I didn't commit: accomplished.
Thank ye kindly.

Quote from: IronyOwl NK
You have a hard time keeping the smile from your face.
Pretty much!

Quote from: Jim NK
You try really hard to pretend that you’re sorry about him missing the door.
Seems awfully Jimlike in general.

FFS Jim and Irony, did you not figure out I was trying to help you guys?  Or was your NK random or something?
I knew!

I made a quicktopic where I rambled a bunch here.
Niiiice. I thought about PMing Toaster a few of my thoughts for similar reasons. Not that I'd have had much to say; mostly just going on about how awesome sending secret messages, wondering if I'd dropped the ball by not NKing N3 because it was my turn, and maybe something about how I goofed by not warping my roleclaim to accommodate yours.

EDIT: Finished reading. Man, I thought we had that in the bag, whereas you appear to have been rather nervous about the whole fakeclaim bit.

I will say that I was much less concerned with lynching the right person, also, which might not have worked out.

props Jim and IronyOwl.  I even said Jim was town.
:D

Well, there was also some doubt as to whether you were telling the truth. The rampant lurking, obvious self-interest (yes you're a survivor, but we're all survivors together), and, even though some of it was WIFOM, suspicion over initiating a pilot claim and then being the only one to not die all worked against you.

Goddammit! You fuckers had to go and blow it up at the last minute. It was all down to Irony knocking Toaster out at the end; if Toaster had made it, we still would have won.

Good call Toaster on not claiming pilot, and good call Irony on targeting him, but what made you choose him?
Scientist result/claim. PM claimed scientist and could pilot the ship, so I was dubious that Toaster couldn't as well. I decided taking him out was a necessity.

The fact that he didn't have any night actions, and his general reactions to Urist's claim request, probably also helped. I think the way he was hostile towards Urist and talking about how there were probably more pilots hinted that he might be one and was seriously freaked out by what he suspected was an attempt to flush him out.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:46:33 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 29, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

Also, I wonder if I set a record for most PMs to a mod during a game. 

I was very sorely tempted to, on the last rest phase, just call the game there.  If you guys lynched me, I would have bluffed with my dead man's bomb. (which wouldn't have gone off, sadly).  However, as a xeno agent, I wouldn't have held back the pursuers at all, so more of you could have been captured.  And throwing in something about sabotaging the ship if I got to it too.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 29, 2012, 08:21:25 pm »

So why did all three of you decide to leave me alive?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:18 pm »

Probably because they couldn't communicate- also, WIFOM.

Damn you all, by the way.  I didn't trust you jerks a bit so I kept my mouth completely shut about being a pilot.

I got off to a bad start because I didn't think I had a chance, being a survivor and usually being NKed as a survivor N1, so I just tunneled the hell out of the first person I got a chance to (sorry, Urist.)  I did honestly not trust him in the end, but I had no idea as to who to trust.  I didn't count the possibility that both Irony and Jim were scum.

Oh well- good game!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 29, 2012, 08:33:10 pm »

I sort of assumed the "don't know if it will work or not" part meant that there was one kill divided between us, which was then randomly assigned to a given player or player attempting said kill that night. Since other people seemed to have the killing part down, I figured I'd be better off inspecting. I assumed the N3 kill was because it had been assigned to me and I hadn't used it that night.

In related news, I really wanted to out Bookthras as an observant guard or kill him because of how dangerous that is. I don't remember why I decided not to, but I was strongly considering counterclaiming if somebody popped up to claim Book had protected them and revealed their attacker in the process.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 29, 2012, 08:47:56 pm »

I was busy trying to find out who the other traitors were. I saw Bookthras hanging around you while I was hoping to see who would kill you, and then I knew I had to take him out to get to you.

But then you got lynched so whatever.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 29, 2012, 08:54:15 pm »

Also, I have to say: Trying to interpret and send hidden messages letting others know who was a traitor was the BEST THING. You could have an entire gametype based on that principle!
I tried that before. It was a train-wreck.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 29, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »

Couldn't stun orb you >_<

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 29, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

Damn you, though, Jim. I had you pegged. I was 100% convinced you were the scum. The /only/ point in your favour was that I was pretty sure Irony and Shake were scum as well, and I thought there was no way we had three scum survive that long. >_<

I also had a STRONG suspicion that Toaster was a pilot, but I wasn't going to say a thing on that front.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 63