Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187717 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #765 on: March 23, 2012, 08:43:18 pm »

They don't have to be- I consider it the most likely scenario.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 23, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

Fair enough.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 24, 2012, 02:18:52 am »

Imiknorris:
IRONYOWL. WHY DID JIM NOT SEE YOU VISIT ME N2.
Good point. Normally I'd say it's because Jim is lying scum, but that would require Dariush to have been non-scum or, as pointed out, two separate reporters on the same team.

Servant:
I'm not advocating LAL, show me where I was.
You were voting people for lurking while objecting to an extension and expressing serious doubts that they were actually scum. What would you call that?

Toaster:
Irony:  UI claimed Alien Survivor, which indeed shows as No Role when detectived- see the role list.
I see.

UI raises an excellent point about how your claim and Jim's don't match.  What is the flavor of your inspect?  How do you determine someone's role while running beside them?
Normally, I watch them while running. In Dariush's case, for instance, I noticed he seemed to be keeping tabs on someone, and concluded he was a Reporter as a result. You were an exception, in that I thought about little things you'd said and done, rather than paying attention to you at the time.

Also, Dariush's result of Reporter and his actions are highly inconsistent.  If he's, for example, a standard dopp reporter, the crap he made up might just be part of his fakeclaim.  However, if he's alien infiltrator scum, why did he inspect as reporter?
This I don't know, but if infiltrators show up as such to inspections we probably don't have any. Nearly everyone's been cleared as not an alien or something other than an infiltrator.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 24, 2012, 02:35:30 am »

Quote from: IronyOwl
You were voting people for lurking while objecting to an extension and expressing serious doubts that they were actually scum. What would you call that?
I was voting people not for lurking but to put pressure on them to not lurk but to speak (and now for them to 'double-confirm'). I don't know what would you call that sort of voting behavior though...

But now I know that what you meant by LAL is "lynch all lurkers"; I was a little confused on what that meant.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 24, 2012, 03:11:06 am »

I was voting people not for lurking but to put pressure on them to not lurk but to speak (and now for them to 'double-confirm'). I don't know what would you call that sort of voting behavior though...
What would you have done at day's end if it became clear they weren't going to show, then?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 24, 2012, 04:07:27 am »

Here's something to note though. If Shakerag "checks out", then my vote is going to Urist I. His story is untenable due to the information provided by the roleclaims that make his explanations about Bookthras' protection/death more and more tenuous and the suspicious nature of his own pilot claim (which could be used to lure out other pilots for him to be NKed). Despite claiming that pilots are important, he has not been a night-kill target...the only way that makes sense if he was scum.

This is a flimsy argument. He's scum because he hasn't been targeted?

That's WIFOM. Seeing it spread like this gets me unnerved.

Why would captor infiltrators have to be 'aliens'? It's possible for a Doppelganger/Human to try and actively sabotage us in order to help the aliens that previously captured us.

Do you have some privileged knowledge on the subject? You're quick to offer up this as a possibility, but equally quick to discourage the idea that there are infiltrators in our group.

I'm going to go with Servant Corps. My gut says he's also a dopp. I've got no specific reason to think this though.

IRONYOWL. WHY DID JIM NOT SEE YOU VISIT ME N2.
Good point. Normally I'd say it's because Jim is lying scum, but that would require Dariush to have been non-scum or, as pointed out, two separate reporters on the same team.

That's funny. Normally I'd say the same thing about you.

If I'm scum, why would Dariush not be?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:32 am »

If I'm scum, why would Dariush not be?
The evidence seems pretty solid for you being a Reporter, and roles have seemed spread out and comprehensive enough that I'd be very surprised if there's duplicates within factions. That means if you're lying, it'd have to be about just that one night, where you were presumably off killing PM instead.

Thing is, only one faction appears to have access to a kill, and Dariush, in addition to being scummy as all fuck, confessed to it. I suppose it's possible you're an infiltrator and he was a hostile RIAing dopp, but it doesn't seem very likely.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 24, 2012, 11:15:36 am »

This is a flimsy argument. He's scum because he hasn't been targeted?

That's WIFOM. Seeing it spread like this gets me unnerved.
WIFOM occurs if you start overthinking the potential moves of scum or trying to take into account very unlikely and rare possibilities...for example, thinking that Urist wasn't targeted because scum wanted to frame him for being scum, so therefore Urist's town, but that's what scum wants us to think, so of course Urist's scum. (All this, of course, assume that there is someone or some group that can control NKs...but since you guys seem to believe that, then looking at why people were killed...and why they were not is important.)

My case based off more than the fact he wasn't targeted, by the way. There was outcry about Urist's roleclaim back when he did it to try and rolefish and find other pilots, who then died off. I believed he used the pilot claim as a way to justify not lynching him, so he could not contribute. All of this, together, make Urist a scum candidate, not each individual aspect by itself.

Why would captor infiltrators have to be 'aliens'? It's possible for a Doppelganger/Human to try and actively sabotage us in order to help the aliens that previously captured us.

Do you have some privileged knowledge on the subject? You're quick to offer up this as a possibility, but equally quick to discourage the idea that there are infiltrators in our group.
I have no privileged knowledge, except the fact that it's a bastard mod and it's very likely for several roles (like mine) to be made useless.

What would you have done at day's end if it became clear they weren't going to show, then?
I don't know. I'd probably switch my vote to Urist because I'm not going to let scum win on LYLO and I'm more confident that he's scum than the lurkers are.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 24, 2012, 11:30:20 am »

Servant Corps:
WIFOM occurs if you start overthinking the potential moves of scum or trying to take into account very unlikely and rare possibilities...for example, thinking that Urist wasn't targeted because scum wanted to frame him for being scum, so therefore Urist's town, but that's what scum wants us to think, so of course Urist's scum.
But that's what scum wants you to think (because it'd work, at least on you), and so on forever. That's what WIFOM is.

I believed he used the pilot claim as a way to justify not lynching him, so he could not contribute.
Not contribute? How have I not been contributing?

I don't know. I'd probably switch my vote to Urist because I'm not going to let scum win on LYLO and I'm more confident that he's scum than the lurkers are.
Then why aren't you voting me now?

IronyOwl:
I notice you didn't actually answer my question. Probably because the answer is that you're lying scum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 24, 2012, 11:52:13 am »

But that's what scum wants you to think (because it'd work, at least on you), and so on forever. That's what WIFOM is.
No, that's the invoking of WIFOM, trying to disregard or obstruct anything useful. No, I think scum does what is necessary, and then hope its get ignored or justified in the day phase. I don't believe sucm intentionally try to invoke WIFOM.

I believed he used the pilot claim as a way to justify not lynching him, so he could not contribute.
Not contribute? How have I not been contributing?[/quote]
I was referring to:
Quote from: Shakerag
Having said that, however, Powder Miner is focusing a little too heavily on the whole "look at me, I'm a pilot, why do you want to lynch me" thing, and not much else.
Of course, I apologize for being wrong, because I mentally thought it was you, not Powder Miner.

Then why aren't you voting me now?[/quote]
I'm waiting for Shakerag.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 24, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »

Servant:
Did you explicitly plan on being around at day end, then? Do you think it's alright to switch the lynch at the last moment like that?

Imiknorris:
I notice you didn't actually answer my question. Probably because the answer is that you're lying scum.
That's because I don't know the answer. I don't think Jim is lying, but I'm quite certain I visited you N2. That leaves wild speculation about bastard mechanics.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 24, 2012, 07:13:48 pm »

All right, I think I'll wait for Shakerag before making any decisions about you, Irony.

Jim, what input can you offer about the discrepancy between your and Irony's claims?

Servant Corps:
No, that's the invoking of WIFOM, trying to disregard or obstruct anything useful. No, I think scum does what is necessary, and then hope its get ignored or justified in the day phase. I don't believe sucm intentionally try to invoke WIFOM.
Scenario: you're scum and need to kill all the pilots to win. There is one claimed pilot left, meaning any sane bodyguard would protect him. Knowing that, would you still try to kill him, or would you rather try to get him lynched on the grounds that nobody tried to kill him?

That is why my survival is WIFOM.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 24, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »

So, off that... did anyone actually try to get you lynched that day? I can't even remember...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 24, 2012, 07:28:51 pm »

No. As you put it:
Let's be honest, Dariush is going to make damn well sure he's lynched today, there's no question about that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 25, 2012, 03:08:17 pm »

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO LURKING.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63