Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187725 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fourth Run Phase REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »

I disagree, I think skepticism is healthy, and taking people for granted is a good way to lose a game. But I notice you didn't answer my question, Jim: is there anyone you don't suspect in the least? Who is confirmed town to you?

I also find people lacking the courage to take a stand for what they believe should be the best way to proceed as a scummy move. It betrays an insecurity to expose one's motivations to analysis, a reluctance to make a move because it may be interpreted as scummy.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 21, 2012, 10:42:19 am »

Day?

/prod prod

Day?

I want to see if I lived through the night, the suspense is killing me over here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 21, 2012, 10:54:05 am »

This run is more stressful than the last. You’re still just a bit tired, and while you manage to stay ahead of your pursuers for a while they eventually start to catch you. You duck through doors and weave through side corridors as you try to get to the next section of the station.

As you go down one of the corridors a lone security guard intercepts you from a side corridor. Bookthras, either intentionally or accidentally, collides with that guard and they both go down in a heap. The rest of you keep running. What else could you do? The rest of the security team was close behind, and staying would probably have just meant getting captured yourselves.

Rest phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday

Servant Corps
is replacing in for Zrk2
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:43 am »

Well GOD DAMN does that suck.

Toaster, Shakerag, Servant Corps, GlyphGryph, Jim Groovester, Urist Imiknorris, IronyOwl.

And since this is potentially our last day, I think for me to spill. But first:

Jim - just to check your honesty, did you target anyone with a night action last night?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 21, 2012, 11:07:44 am »

Normally I wouldn't do this, but we need information and bad.

Also, Shakerag, you're posting has been minimal. What do you think of what's happened so far? In fact, I can't even remember the last time you posted, or what you said!

Servant Corps, why did you kill Bookthras last night? Because you thought he was scum, perhaps?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:59 am »

Oppose Shorten, oppose extend.

The standard Rest length of 3 RL days is the middle-ground that you assume will get you decently rested while not dawdling too long in one place.

Servant Corps, what do you think about the game so far? Do you have any theories about what happened to Bookthras?

GlyphGryph:
Assuming your understanding of how this station is laid out is correct, you should reach the hanger on the Sixth Rest phase. What happens then will depend on the current situation.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 21, 2012, 11:14:55 am »

Yes, exactly - this is potentially our last day, because lets be honest, we don't KNOW what's going to happen tomorrow. I say we treat it as such - there's no guarantee we'll get another chance at killing scum.

For all we know, the rules could change tomorrow - maybe only 3 of us can fit on the ship or something, and we need to vote for the three. Or maybe we lost. Or maybe we win. Regardless, I don't want to take that risk.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:48 am »

I completely agree with GG- it's time to start roleclaiming.

I'm a Military Scientist, but I don't have any tech with me- ergo, I am vanilla.  As said before, my goal is to escape on the ship. 

GG:  What, exactly, does suck?

Irony:  I'd still like you to answer Book's questions from his post to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 21, 2012, 11:46:07 am »

Uhh ... was ... was that just a flavor-kill?  Dariush claimed the first two NKs, and Meph is well known to drop hints about the source of a kill in normal Paranormal games ... so has there always been a small chance of any one of us just randomly getting NK'd?  That's a little disturbing to think about. 

GlyphGryph:
Also, Shakerag, you're posting has been minimal. What do you think of what's happened so far? In fact, I can't even remember the last time you posted, or what you said!

I've been trying to make at least one substantial post per RL day during the rest phases.  I have a fairly busy RL schedule that prohibits me from posting as much as many of you.  But, if I recall correctly, I think the last thing I posted was about Dariush pulling a "blackmail the town" gambit. 

In regards to what's happened so far:  I don't know about the rest of you, but I still feel very much in the dark.  We're down to seven now with no solid indication of how many potentially hostle elements remain amongst said seven.  And, frankly, I feel that we don't have a solid indication as to how bastardly this game really is.  The players in this game have said a number of things, but none of it has really been modconfirmed (in the form of roleflips or otherwise), and what has been modconfirmed is of potential non-relevancy (I'm looking at you, rest-shorten-extend-thing).  We know we're about to reach the hangar, but it still seems like we have no solid idea what's going to happen when we get there.  At this point in time, I have no idea if we've all but won, or if we're on the cusp of losing. 

Also, do you actually think Bookthras was killed by one of us, or by a game mechanic?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

I'll say more after Jim responds to my post.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 21, 2012, 02:41:19 pm »

Bah. You bastards better make it, or I'm going to be really annoyed.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:15 pm »

Bookthras: I wanted to interrogate him over his suspicious victory condition. Most of us were survivors, so a non-survivor who's interested in making sure someone escapes does tend to stick out. His death makes such interrogation impossible though. Oh well, if he's telling the truth, then he still have a chance at winning this game.

GlyphGryph: I do not have a killing role, as my roleclaim below will explain.

Urist Imiknorris: I think that the game is doppelgangers versus non-doppelgangers. Both the doppelgangers and non-doppelgangers share the same goal: want to first survive. Once we get to the ship, if there is at least one doppelganger, we'll lose (probably because said doppelganger will infect Earth). Otherwise, we win. The bastard part would be killing all scum before the Sixth Rest Phase, when the game ends. If we can't find the last doppelganger, we're done for.

My evidence is that in Run Phase 1, the fluff said that we are uncomfortable with having doppelgangers on board, and in my role PM, I was told to guard against the possibility of a doppelganger betrayal.

I do not believe the doppelgangers have a night-kill. I also do not believe that doppelgangers even know each other's existence, due to the roleclaims about each doppelganger being in separate pods, so they have to find each other first (or be willing to lynch other doppelgangers in order to preserve their survival and wincon).

Quote from: Shakerag
Uhh ... was ... was that just a flavor-kill?  Dariush claimed the first two NKs, and Meph is well known to drop hints about the source of a kill in normal Paranormal games ... so has there always been a small chance of any one of us just randomly getting NK'd?  That's a little disturbing to think about. 
I kinda thought that was obvious; there was no real evidence of anyone choosing night-kills other than Dariush' claim (which cannot be verified at all), and since we managed to stay alive because we ran faster than our pursuers due to 'shorterning' the day, I think that the night-kills are random (or controlled by the aliens trying to capture us). Which means that I also treat the "captor infiltrators" theory as dubious; the only scum here are doppelgangers.

Shakerag: Your digression about how it's hard to figure out the bastard setting seems to be taking up space and producing the illusion of contributing, when in fact you're just saying what we already know, if you aren't outright trying to dismiss what we do know (rest-shorten-extend). But, let's build off that. If you cannot figure out the "bastardness" of the setting, then what would you advise the town to do then on this potential LYLO?

Roleclaim: I'm the FBI Agent, who can inspect every run phase and determine what race a player is. My win condition is to Escape. I investigated the following people and got their roles:
-Run Phase 1 - Jim Groovester: Human
-Run Phase 2 - Urist Imiknorris: Alien
-Run Phase 3 - Bookthras: Human
-Run Phase 4 - Toaster: Human
However, I'm also a Kook. If someone inspects me, they will see me as a Doppelganger. It's my own personal understanding that one should always claim Miller-status at start to make sure nobody waste inspections on you, but the fact that most players (including me) are essentially Survivor who are looking out for themselves rather than for a 'Town' may go a long way to explaining why Zrk2 did not claim Kook-status on Rest Phase 1 (he may want to avoid suspicion and getting lynched). I roleclaim Kook now because more information will benefit the town at this point, and there may be more than one individual able to "inspect" other people.

If the "captor infiltrators" theory is true (and it isn't), then knowing the race would give us no insight whatsoever. Anybody can cooperate with the aliens, even the doppelgangers. This could be yet another argument in favor for "doppelgangers as scum" theory, though it is a weak one at best, and I honestly have written better arguments above.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 21, 2012, 03:09:16 pm »

EBWOP:
This could be yet another argument in favor for "doppelgangers as scum" theory, though it is a weak one at best, and I honestly have written better arguments above.

Amend that sentence to be "The presence of my role as a 'race cop' could be yet another argument in favor for "doppelgangers as scum" theory, though it is a weak one at best, and I honestly have written better arguments above."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 21, 2012, 03:15:20 pm »

So you're seriously going to argue the kill last night, against perhaps the most active player, was random chance?

After significant evidence, from Dariush, that we have those among us capable of launching attacks and willing to kill off members of our team that claimed pilot.

And you're going to argue that there are no infiltrators...?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 21, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »

So you're seriously going to argue the kill last night, against perhaps the most active player, was random chance?

After significant evidence, from Dariush, that we have those among us capable of launching attacks and willing to kill off members of our team that claimed pilot.

And you're going to argue that there are no infiltrators...?

And, crucially, that tells us there is at least one left because someone killed him*.

*I consider any theory that this was random chance to be complete bunk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 63