Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187780 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fourth Rest Phase
« Reply #570 on: March 15, 2012, 04:02:22 pm »

Woops, I copy pasted from OP, must have missed the top of the list. I'm reading you as Town/Townish as well.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 15, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »

Meph:
Look for a plant that is attention-getting, either by how it looks or if it is placed/housed in a different manner from the other plants.  Deeply analyze said plant. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 15, 2012, 04:21:08 pm »

Meph: If any of the plants appear to be carnivorous, carefully place them in front of the door we entered through.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 15, 2012, 05:02:35 pm »

Urist, why do you think you're still alive?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 15, 2012, 05:06:26 pm »

There's probably another doctor who protected me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 15, 2012, 05:12:39 pm »

The Vote Tally
Bookthras: Dariush
Dariush: Bookthras, Shakerag, Toaster, Urist Imiknorris
Zrk2: GlyphGryph

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

Meph:
Look for a plant that is attention-getting, either by how it looks or if it is placed/housed in a different manner from the other plants.  Deeply analyze said plant. 

You find an interesting green and yellow plant. Your analysis gets a smelly goo all over your fingers.

Meph: If any of the plants appear to be carnivorous, carefully place them in front of the door we entered through.

You don't think any of them are carnivorous.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 15, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »

Meph: Find some that look like they could be food and dig in. I'm famished!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 15, 2012, 05:20:56 pm »

Wash hands.  Check hands for changes.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 15, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »

Meph: Find some that look like they could be food and dig in. I'm famished!

You're not sure if any of them are really compatible with your biology, and decide that the risk of poison is probably too high.

Wash hands.  Check hands for changes.

You wipe your hands off. They seem ok, at least for now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 15, 2012, 09:36:15 pm »

Smoke alien plants. I'll be able to see eeeeeeeeverything, maaan.

Also, like, climb a tree, man. They're like, our friends, you know?

Yay! We made it! But yeah, this arboretum place seems ominous. Let's not linger here too long.
I'm inclined to disagree. While I don't expect messing with flora to actually do anything, this could be a vital clue of some sort. It could also be a red herring, but we just don't have much else to go on.

I'd also expect this region to be safer than normal, if anything. It doesn't seem strange that some rooms might be more dangerous than others, but I wouldn't really expect an arboretum to fill for that.

Dariush:
That was the summary of my thoughts about all the shit he's been pulling all game, the last of which (but far, far from ALL) has been attempting to vote Meph, a bullshity evading answer to my yesterday's questioning and voting today despite there being no NK. If he's telling the truth about his wincon, he'll win even after his death. It's a win-win situation. Now let's get to lynching him.
Were you going to try to convince anyone else of this, or just follow in Toony's footsteps perfectly?

What's scummy about trying to vote the mod?

Why shouldn't we lynch because there was no NK? Do you think all the scum are gone?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 15, 2012, 10:50:10 pm »

I'm sorry guys, shit came up and I have to request a REPLACEMENT.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 16, 2012, 02:13:56 am »

Why is everyone suddenly an amateur botanist? I don't see this being relevant.

If our actions involved anything beyond running and resting I'd consider recommending hiding in the arboretum, if it's big enough to actually hide in. Other ideas, like setting up an ambush, are considerably less worth doing.

You four, please give us your top two choices for a lynch, with reasons, and if it's not too much to ask, your read on the other three.
BOOKTHRAAAAS GO DIE IN HELLFIRE WHERE DEMONS WILL SLOWLY ROAST YOUR SPLEEN THEN RIP YOUR GUTS OUT THEN TEAR OUT YOUR EYES SLOWLY BOIL THEM IN YOUR BLOOD AND FORCEFEED THEM TO YOU THEN REMOVE YOUR LIMBS WITH A RUSTY DULL SAW THEN KICK YOU IN THE BALLS THEN

Then...? Then...? Then what? Don't leave me hanging, or I'll do the same to you!

This is an overreaction, Dariush. If you want to make sure that people know you're out to get them, screaming bloody murder at the top of your lungs at the earliest opportunity seems like a great way to do it.

Yay! We made it!

In normal games people don't normally explicitly cheer if a night goes by without a kill. Sure, they'll acknowledge that it's a good thing, but never a cheer about it. Why are you?

As to who to lynch, I still think nolynching is a bad idea. We should try to root out the scum. My main suspicions, in order: Dariush, GG, Toaster, Jim. You four, please give us your top two choices for a lynch, with reasons, and if it's not too much to ask, your read on the other three.

A bit of a wide net you're casting, isn't it? That's four out of nine players remaining.

As for your reads:
Dariush - I explained my thoughts on Dariush in my vote.
GlyphGryph - I don't see anything malicious about anything he's done so far, including the wild speculation about moves to make.
Toaster - I don't have any strong reason to either suspect or not suspect him so far.

I'm hard pressed to pick a second lynch choice. I can't point to any other player and say, "This is definitely a person I want dead." There's a lot of outstandingly average play going on and no roleflips is not helping the issue.

Bookthras, you're apparently big on getting everybody to try and participate and figure out the bastard mod, but why is it that two out of four of your suspects are on there for doing exactly that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 16, 2012, 07:54:23 am »

PMs are allowed, right?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 16, 2012, 07:56:30 am »

If we wanted to shorten early to test, we could do it now that Dariush has a majority of votes on him.  Given it started yesterday at ~9 AM PST, ending at 5 PM EST would be a 32 RL hour day.  That's a good little rest.

GG:  Not in this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 16, 2012, 07:58:11 am »

But the OP confirms that they are.
It did seem a bit odd, I thought I remembered something to the contrary, but it seems pretty clear.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63