Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187781 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fourth Rest Phase
« Reply #555 on: March 15, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »

Examine alien plants.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 15, 2012, 01:40:52 pm »

Yay! We made it! But yeah, this arboretum place seems ominous. Let's not linger here too long.

I think the head start was really useful, and matched what Meph said earlier about "leaving before your captors get here may help your chances to elude capture", but his follow up about fatigue says we shouldn't overdo it either. I suggest we let the phase go through Thu-Fri, and then shorten over the weekend, so Meph ends the game at 10:00AM Monday instead of 5:00PM Monday. Last rest phase, we shortened only by 24 hours, and it seemed effective. If you have a better plan or different interpretation regarding the shorten, please speak up. Meph: please confirm if shortening over the weekend would end the day Monday morning instead of evening.

As to who to lynch, I still think nolynching is a bad idea. We should try to root out the scum. My main suspicions, in order: Dariush, GG, Toaster, Jim. You four, please give us your top two choices for a lynch, with reasons, and if it's not too much to ask, your read on the other three.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 15, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »

Examine alien plants.
You are unsure of what to make of them. They certainly don't look like anything you've ever encountered before.

Meph: please confirm if shortening over the weekend would end the day Monday morning instead of evening.

That is correct.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 15, 2012, 02:01:28 pm »

You four, please give us your top two choices for a lynch, with reasons, and if it's not too much to ask, your read on the other three.
BOOKTHRAAAAS GO DIE IN HELLFIRE WHERE DEMONS WILL SLOWLY ROAST YOUR SPLEEN THEN RIP YOUR GUTS OUT THEN TEAR OUT YOUR EYES SLOWLY BOIL THEM IN YOUR BLOOD AND FORCEFEED THEM TO YOU THEN REMOVE YOUR LIMBS WITH A RUSTY DULL SAW THEN KICK YOU IN THE BALLS THEN

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #559 on: March 15, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »

Powder Miner is most likely an Intelligent Scientist.  Flandre and Dariush are trying to jump on it with brilliant cases such as "pull the other one, its got bells on it" and "the overall feel of the post in general".  Side by side.
So, do you believe PM's claim about being able to pilot a ship after a glance or not?

Try reading the thread.
Try reading the thread to notice that he's already answered the question and stop prodding people to answer other people's questions.

Standard alien or what? Any noteworthy background flavor?
An amnesiac human.
Also, second scumpick?
Flandre for being too hasty and bandwagony.

So ... what the hell was up with this post anyway, Dariush?

PPE:  Uhh ... okay, I'll bite.  Why the Bookthras hate?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:58 pm »

That was the summary of my thoughts about all the shit he's been pulling all game, the last of which (but far, far from ALL) has been attempting to vote Meph, a bullshity evading answer to my yesterday's questioning and voting today despite there being no NK. If he's telling the truth about his wincon, he'll win even after his death. It's a win-win situation. Now let's get to lynching him.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2012, 02:23:37 pm »

That was the summary of my thoughts about all the shit he's been pulling all game, the last of which (but far, far from ALL) has been attempting to vote Meph, a bullshity evading answer to my yesterday's questioning and voting today despite there being no NK. If he's telling the truth about his wincon, he'll win even after his death. It's a win-win situation. Now let's get to lynching him.

Yuh-huh.  And about that first question...?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05:07 pm »

Book:  I get the feeling that Meph is pulling our leg on the whole time/fatigue thing and it's all a giant red herring (of our own creation, which makes it even nastier.)

As to who to lynch, I still think nolynching is a bad idea. We should try to root out the scum. My main suspicions, in order: Dariush, GG, Toaster, Jim. You four, please give us your top two choices for a lynch, with reasons, and if it's not too much to ask, your read on the other three.

Okay.

#1 is Dariush.  He's been a giant bag of negativity, attacking people for nonsense reasons (most recently, you for trying to vote the mod- come on, that's a bastard mod staple.) 

If he's telling the truth about his wincon, he'll win even after his death. It's a win-win situation. Now let's get to lynching him.

Here he says lynching a townie is a "win" situation- a slip that's voteworthy in its own right.

The next two are Urist I- whose motives I suspect in trying to find out pilots- and you, but I'll be hard pressed to give more on you than gut feelings.

Jim threw me a bit here:

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO GET TO THE SHIP ARE THE TOWN

On the one hand, he's trying to motivate people to post.  On the other hand, since every indication seems to be otherwise, it looks like his actual wincon may differ from this given that he didn't interpret it correctly.

GG?  I haven't seen any real reason to suspect him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 15, 2012, 03:14:51 pm »

come on, that's a bastard mod staple.
This bastard has a clearly defined setting instead of abstract shit like the other ones and it makes no goddamn fucking sense whatsoever to vote the mod here, you chainsawing piece of shit.

Here he says lynching a townie is a "win" situation- a slip that's voteworthy in its own right.
We can lynch a guy who's going to win anyway, we can lynch a survivor or we can no-lynch. Sure, pick the stupidest variant of the three, why don't you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2012, 03:29:52 pm »

Got a party tonight, won't have time to do a proper analysis until late in the day, but I have time for a quick read:
Bookthras - Uncertain. Seems to be trying a bit too hard to find enough evidence to lynch someone, anyone, rather than identifying scum and collecting enough evidence to lynch THEM in particular. This is mostly a gut feeling though.
Shakerag - Townish.
Zrk2 - Uncertain. Lurky.
Dariush - Stupid but not scum stupid. If there were Jesters I'd say he was Jester. But it doesn't make any sense for scum to tie themselves to Toony's sinking ship yesterday the way he did. He could, of course, just be stupid scum, but its hard to say.
Jim Groovester - Town.
Urist Imiknorris - Sketchy. Especially him getting other pilots to claim, and then those pilots all dying, but him remaining alive. However, if we have any investigators, I would have assumed they'd have checked him out and said something by now. If we have any (other) doctors, they in all likelihood would have protected him, which might explain the lack of a kill.
IronyOwl - Uncertain. Not enough of a read.

Which gives my top three scum choices as Zrk2, IronyOwl, and Bookthras. In that order.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 15, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »

Zrk2
Post more today. Make sure its just chock full of content.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2012, 03:51:01 pm »

Dariush:
come on, that's a bastard mod staple.
This bastard has a clearly defined setting instead of abstract shit like the other ones and it makes no goddamn fucking sense whatsoever to vote the mod here, you chainsawing piece of shit.

We can lynch a guy who's going to win anyway, we can lynch a survivor or we can no-lynch. Sure, pick the stupidest variant of the three, why don't you.

Who am I chainsawing for, exactly?

I'm not picking the stupidest one- that was you wanting to no-lynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 15, 2012, 03:52:06 pm »

Dariush, how exactly did you know we were lynching a "survivor" and not scum, anyways? Do you know something we don't?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 15, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »

GG, you forgot to post a read on me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:17 pm »

Dariush, go die in a fire. I can't help but notice that you're being far more ragey than usual, almost like a caricature of your usual playstyle.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 63