Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187910 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »

Please explain in detail who the fuck is going to fly the ship if you and Toaster succeed in lynching all our remaining claimed pilots.
Uh... an AI, maybe? Seriously, we don't know whether pilots even matter whatsoever, what with the lack of roleflips. For all we know, Urist I may just have lied about being a pilot so he won't get lynched and the rest joined in for the same purpose.

Note how I underlined and italicized 'know'. If you strip away all the guesswork, we get PM with his 'I am so brilliant I can fly the ship after a glance' claim aaaaaaand... uh... not much else.
More like "I am an extremely intelligent and educated Intelligence Scientist who very, very carefully watched the ship as it took me to the station." That's not guesswork. That's what the Role PM says.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2012, 08:08:42 pm »

Unvote.

Dariush:
Maybe a stun orb or something?
Using your own reasoning, wouldn't that be kinda obvious?
I have no idea how stun orbs work, so I maybe?

Bookthras: Pretty nice dichotomy you have going on there. What makes you think those are the only possibilities? And why did you vote Toaster twice?

Toaster: Imagine, if you will, that a pilot was about to be lynched, and claimed in an effort to stay alive. What would you do in that situation? Lynch them harder or lynch them harder?

Think: It gives me the knowledge that there is work to be done.

Zrk2: How useless is a claimed protect?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2012, 08:32:36 pm »

That's not why I'm voting them.  I can't explain what I'm not doing.
But it is certainly a reason worth considering. Tell us how you think the game will resolve if all our pilots die.
All of our pilots won't die if they aren't stupid enough to get themselves lynched.  And the ones that are unhelpful and scummy (if they are even pilots in the first place) have no reason to stick around.  If warden infiltrators exist they need to die too.  I think people placing "pilots" on immune pedestals are idiots.  I mean TolyK is getting himself lynched for acting stupid.  If he claimed pilot would you not touch him?  See the reasoning here?  Of course he would have had to claim earlier to make it effective, like some other individuals but the reasoning still exists.

Please explain in detail who the fuck is going to fly the ship if you and Toaster succeed in lynching all our remaining claimed pilots.
Uh... an AI, maybe? Seriously, we don't know whether pilots even matter whatsoever, what with the lack of roleflips. For all we know, Urist I may just have lied about being a pilot so he won't get lynched and the rest joined in for the same purpose.
Note how I underlined and italicized 'know'. If you strip away all the guesswork, we get PM with his 'I am so brilliant I can fly the ship after a glance' claim aaaaaaand... uh... not much else.
More like "I am an extremely intelligent and educated Intelligence Scientist who very, very carefully watched the ship as it took me to the station." That's not guesswork. That's what the Role PM says.
Stop saying how great you are at piloting and do something, scum.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2012, 08:33:35 pm »

But it is certainly a reason worth considering. Tell us how you think the game will resolve if all our pilots die.
All of our pilots won't die if they aren't stupid enough to get themselves lynched.  And the ones that are unhelpful and scummy (if they are even pilots in the first place) have no reason to stick around.  If warden infiltrators exist they need to die too.  I think people placing "pilots" on immune pedestals are idiots.  I mean TolyK is getting himself lynched for acting stupid.  If he claimed pilot would you not touch him?  See the reasoning here?  Of course he would have had to claim earlier to make it effective, like some other individuals but the reasoning still exists.

Stop saying how great you are at piloting and do something, scum.
Do what?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »

Hahaha, that's perfect.  Can you die now.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »

No. If I die I lose. I do not want to lose.

I don't have any day powers. What would I do?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2012, 08:52:11 pm »

HUNT SCUM.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2012, 01:24:28 am »

But I'd like to hear your take on this Jim: do you think we should take measures to ensure at least one pilot survives to the ship? If so, how would you do it? What stance would you take on those who advocate to take those pilots away? What reasons are justifiable, in your opinion, for lynching a claimed pilot (lurky? useless? scummy? claimed dopp?)? More importantly: do you think that some of the actual active players have a win condition of not letting escapees get to the ship? If so, how do you think they plan to achieve their goal?

We probably need at least one pilot to win, but at the same time, if a claimed pilot is being a scummy fucker than I'm not going to give him extra leeway just because he's a pilot. Scummy players are scummy players regardless of whatever role they claim, and they should be lynched. Claimed pilots who are not making dipshits out of themselves are the only pilots worth keeping around.

Blah blah there are probably roles that can protect people from foul play blah blah but it's not worth protecting a scummy pilot just for the sake of his claim in either phase blah blah.

And I'd guess there are active players out to get us; NativeForeigner getting captured didn't look random, it looked targeted. If NativeForeigner was captured randomly, then it's a very unsettling coincidence and it's probably safer to assume that there are players out to get us. In addition to doing whatever it was to get NativeForeigner captured, they're probably going to focus on eliminating pilots and whatever else is critical for the escape, but otherwise, they're going to play a regular scum game.

A question, Book: Should we keep TolyK around, doppelganger that he is, because he can apparently protect people during the Run phase? Just think, that protect could be used on a pilot.

I'm still a survivor and I'm still not TolyK.

Quite the stick you're measuring yourself against.

Do what?

If you need to make it to the ship, and if there are internal elements in our group that want to stop us from doing that,

Why the goddamn fuck aren't you hunting?

For all the shit I gave TolyK shit about being actively counterproductive to his stated goals, you're doing it worse.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2012, 03:07:45 am »

TolyK:
Few enough so there's a decent chance of losing them all, but enough so we're not likely to just get screwed arbitrarily.
I'm not sure what you mean by the second question.
Do you really think that Urist I would claim pilot for "protection from the baddies" while himself being a baddie? I.e. pretending to be the person he's supposed to kill? (previous 2 sentences are hypothetical)

TolyK: Who wants us to fail? I dunno... maybe the SCUM TEAM?! I don't think I've seen any games where the scum team has tried to disprove the existence of the scum team (even in Witch's Coven, where that was even a plausible theory), so I'm definitely getting a town read from you, but damn.
Well, scum team. But why would there be folks trying to stop us? Who in their right mind would want to get back to being tortured/experimented on?
These folks worry me because they seem to be the only ones against my wincon :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2012, 06:22:42 am »

PM:
And you know that there's the same ship in the hangar as the one that took you here becaaaause?... Also, you honestly didn't have anything better to do while being captured by fucking aliens than
very, very carefully
study their ship?

Bullshit, bullshit and a liecherry on top.

UI:
I have no idea how stun orbs work, so I maybe?
Then why did you refer to it earlier?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:34 am »

Optimism - I want it to be a stun orb because I'm immune to tech.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2012, 12:42:51 pm »

I don't know if I had anything better to do, Dariush, Meph didn't write me a 20-page story on my feelings. Hunting scum in a bit have to leave.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »

Toaster:
Book:  I don't have any idea of how many potential pilots there are, but I'm going to make a ballpark guess of three more- that'd be just under half the players.  Few enough so there's a decent chance of losing them all, but enough so we're not likely to just get screwed arbitrarily.
I don't think there are nearly as many; that would mean half the people have no role other than a vanilla-ish survivour-ish pilot. In fact, I don't think you believe it either, which once again tells me you are working towards making sure we dispose of the ones we have.

If he's so concerned about the safety of pilots, why flush them out so early in the game?  (Not a rhetorical question, by the way.)  What's your view of a mass pilot claim?
I agree that the one valid point about your case on Imiknorris was his calling for pilots to claim. The rest of it is bullshit, but this was scummy. Just, in my view, not scummy enough to lynch him for it. I think we have had the mass pilot claim, regardless of my view. I doubt there are more pilots who haven't claimed, and a claim now would be met with skepticism. I think it was premature, but useful because it gave us better understanding of the setting, and it's good to see people's reactions to it.

Imiknorris:
Bookthras: Pretty nice dichotomy you have going on there. What makes you think those are the only possibilities? And why did you vote Toaster twice?
Those are the two possibilities I can think of. If you have others, add them. I'm reasonably confident that a) we need a pilot to survive, and b) one of you and Toaster is scum that doesn't want that. My read is that Toaster is the scum.

And I paint people red or blue to remind them that I'm voting them, or for clarity, or for pressure. I'm not revoting them. It's not like your monitor is going to run out of red ink, is it?

Jim:
What reasons are justifiable, in your opinion, for lynching a claimed pilot (lurky? useless? scummy? claimed dopp?)?
We probably need at least one pilot to win, but at the same time, if a claimed pilot is being a scummy fucker than I'm not going to give him extra leeway just because he's a pilot. Scummy players are scummy players regardless of whatever role they claim, and they should be lynched. Claimed pilots who are not making dipshits out of themselves are the only pilots worth keeping around.
I agree that scummy fuckers should die, but I asked you about more than that. Would you favour lynching a pilot because he was lurky? or clueless? useless? claimed dopp? These are different from someone who has done scummy deeds. Are those, in your view, reasons enough to deprive us from a pilot?

A question, Book: Should we keep TolyK around, doppelganger that he is, because he can apparently protect people during the Run phase? Just think, that protect could be used on a pilot.
I'm fine with hanging Tolyk; he is scummy enough, and as I said I suspect dopps will eventually try to kill us, so it's better not giving them the chance. On the other hand, I think lynching Tolyk, while good enough, is not the best use of our lynch, as he doesn't seem to want to prevent the escape; Toaster, on the other hand, I think is actively anti-escape, and would be a much better, more useful lynch.

IronyOwl: Quit lurking and answer my earlier questions, and also give us your answer to this I asked Jim earlier:
do you think we should take measures to ensure at least one pilot survives to the ship? If so, how would you do it? What stance would you take on those who advocate to take those pilots away? What reasons are justifiable, in your opinion, for lynching a claimed pilot (lurky? useless? scummy? claimed dopp?)? More importantly: do you think that some of the actual active players have a win condition of not letting escapees get to the ship? If so, how do you think they plan to achieve their goal?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2012, 05:21:16 pm »

Answer the question, scum.

Zrk2: How useless is a claimed protect?

I meant in terms of scumhunting, Don't twist my words.

No. If I die I lose. I do not want to lose.

I don't have any day powers. What would I do?

Are you... do you... have you... Please just kill yourself and save us a lynch.

TolyK:
Few enough so there's a decent chance of losing them all, but enough so we're not likely to just get screwed arbitrarily.
I'm not sure what you mean by the second question.
Do you really think that Urist I would claim pilot for "protection from the baddies" while himself being a baddie? I.e. pretending to be the person he's supposed to kill? (previous 2 sentences are hypothetical)

Is the WINE good today?

Optimism - I want it to be a stun orb because I'm immune to tech.

So at least you know how it works then, which proves you were lying when you said you didn't know how Stun Orbs worked.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2012, 05:27:55 pm »

I can't tell you how the game might end otherwise beyond absolutely useless speculation.  However, all of the pilots won't die because unlike what Bookthras said recently I highly doubt every pilot has claimed, that would be so stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 63