Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187903 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »

POWDER THIS QUESTION IS ADDRESSED TO YOU
watched the ship on the way here and thinks he could fly it.
How exactly are you supposed to learn to pilot a spaceship by observing it, especially from inside a laboratory or wherever the fuck we are?
Oh. Well, when they took me I watched it very carefully and I am a brilliant Intelligence Scientist.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2012, 12:33:09 pm »

POWDER THIS QUESTION IS ADDRESSED TO YOU
watched the ship on the way here and thinks he could fly it.
How exactly are you supposed to learn to pilot a spaceship by observing it, especially from inside a laboratory or wherever the fuck we are?
Oh. Well, when they took me I watched it very carefully and I am a brilliant Intelligence Scientist.
Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. Consider the pressure vote on you transformed into a lynch one.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2012, 12:34:19 pm »

Cool. Why?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2012, 12:43:21 pm »

Think0028:
Flandre: Well, either you're accusing him of not posting enough, which is an absolute insane accusation this early in the game, or you admitted you were trying to drum up attacks on someone you didn't have anything on. Which is it?
That last one, although I would not have said it so bluntly. To be fair, I did not consider it so groundless at the time.

Tolyk:
At first I thought that wasn't important. Silly me...
Extend
TolyK: Why didn't you mention something this incredibly important earlier? What exactly do you know about them, no hedging like in your current post? Why at least some dopps?
As far as I know I'm the only one affected. Before you pick up your guns and pitchforks, let me explain something.
I have no idea who the other dopps are, there are none here from my "pod", and the "captors" have made a "serum" which stops the "blood lust" and lets me eat proteins with no side-effects. Even though I don't really like the humans, I'm more concerned about escaping than harming them. My goal, since I'm angry with the captors, is for at least one person (not sure if this is human, or player, probably latter).
I have a special ability I'm not willing to disclose right now.
You still did not say why you held onto this information up until now, where we are approaching phase-end. Could you clarify your wincon for us, please? Your goal is for one person to do what, exactly?

Vote Powder Miner.
Cool. Why?
It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of that fact as much as you are trying to convince the rest of us, scum. Specifically, your choice of italics and the overall fell of the post in general.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2012, 03:33:04 pm »

Alright, uh. I'm in a bit of a fix right now, as I just realized an important aspect of my role that makes things a lot harder. :P
But anyways, my wincon is to have at least someone escape on the ship.
And I know that (at least some) dooplegangers don't actually need to eat folks due to a serum or something that allows them to only take proteins and still live, although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.

Elaborate please.

Zrk2:
This is weak. C'mon, stand b hy what you do if you think it is the best approach. Don't back off just for being called on it. Unvote, vote Flandre.

Does it make sense if I am receptive to criticism, and don't want to fight a losing battle? I had nothing very strong in the first place, and I can't argue against sound logic. I still stand by what I believe in, but I am not naive enough to follow something I don't any longer.

Then why not be useful in the first place?

DON'T IGNORE MY QUESTIONS POWDER MINER
What questions? I may have missed them.

Try reading the thread.

Everyone top scumpick other than your vote?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:54 pm »

Powder Miner is most likely an Intelligent Scientist.  Flandre and Dariush are trying to jump on it with brilliant cases such as "pull the other one, its got bells on it" and "the overall feel of the post in general".  Side by side.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2012, 04:14:11 pm »

Zrk2:
Then why not be useful in the first place?
There is no decent answer to this question. I thought I was being useful.
I also don't have a second scumpick at the moment, but I'm still looking.

Toonyman:
Powder Miner is most likely an Intelligent Scientist.  Flandre and Dariush are trying to jump on it with brilliant cases such as "pull the other one, its got bells on it" and "the overall feel of the post in general".  Side by side.
What makes you so sure that he is who he says he is? I am convinced that there is something off with what Powder Miner said, regardless of whether or not Dariush has jumped on it first. I am not going to withhold my opinion just because it might appear as if I were buddying with someone.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »

Don't you?

Yes.

It's also important to pay attention to flavor and the cues it gives us. If the flavor suggests that getting on a ship with a bunch of doppelgangers is a bad idea, it's probably not a good idea to have that happen, regardless of what our apparent win conditions are.

Allow me to remind you of the first Bastard Paranormal. Why, I won. At least according to the details of my win condition as it was presented to me in my role PM. Except I still lost the game.

As far as I know I'm the only one affected. Before you pick up your guns and pitchforks, let me explain something.
I have no idea who the other dopps are, there are none here from my "pod", and the "captors" have made a "serum" which stops the "blood lust" and lets me eat proteins with no side-effects. Even though I don't really like the humans, I'm more concerned about escaping than harming them. My goal, since I'm angry with the captors, is for at least one person (not sure if this is human, or player, probably latter).
I have a special ability I'm not willing to disclose right now.

Dopps have telepathic links with each other.

You also have a strong mental connection with one another that you can use to speak in secret with one another.

Why don't you have one?

Liar liar pants on fire.

It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of that fact as much as you are trying to convince the rest of us, scum. Specifically, your choice of italics and the overall fell of the post in general.

Yep, this is a nonsense reason. You can't be vague and point to a 'general feel' of a post as evidence of your vote. Specifics are better.

Vote's going to stay where it is.

Why? So you can pick somebody's second target and bandwagon off of it?

If you had asked one or two people what their other scumpicks are, I wouldn't have a problem with your question. But when you ask everybody, well it looks like you don't have a target and want one and don't want to do any work to get it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2012, 04:37:36 pm »

Oh, you're worried about the italics. That was really more RP than anything else. The way I was told I was survivor was that I'm the one who matters though I'm not hostile to the others. Combine that with being an Intelligent Scientist so I figured hey why not be an egotistical scientist.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »

ToonyMan: what is your take on Tolyk's story? What should be done about him?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2012, 05:07:47 pm »

Why? So you can pick somebody's second target and bandwagon off of it?

If you had asked one or two people what their other scumpicks are, I wouldn't have a problem with your question. But when you ask everybody, well it looks like you don't have a target and want one and don't want to do any work to get it.

Hrm? I've already solidified my vote on Flandre for being useless and then trying to fob us off. I've already covered that. how do I not have a target?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:12 pm »

ToonyMan: what is your take on Tolyk's story? What should be done about him?
The dopp serum I presume?  I can't follow it.  It's too much of a risk even if this wasn't a bastard game.  As for he himself, I would be voting him if higher probability targets weren't around because he's not really doing anything but causing trouble.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »

Powder Miner:
Anyway, another piece of the puzzle, not only aliens can have alternate wincons in this one. I just wanna escape on the ship myself.
Do you have any reason to believe you can't win with any faction that makes it to the ship? What do you mean by "alternate" wincons?

Imiknorris:
Toaster, my wincon is to escape on the spaceship. I'm pretty sure I already said that.
Do you have any reason to believe you can't win with any faction that makes it to the ship?

TolyK:
Alright, uh. I'm in a bit of a fix right now, as I just realized an important aspect of my role that makes things a lot harder. :P
And I know that (at least some) dooplegangers don't actually need to eat folks due to a serum or something that allows them to only take proteins and still live, although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
Why does this make things a lot harder? What makes you say you're not the only serum'd dopp?

So yeah. My role is basically a miller survivor with a cherry on top...
These two are contradictory.

although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
I know nothing about changing win conditions, due to this being a bastard, though, we should be prepared.
This information is from my role PM.
These two are also contradictory.

Dariush:
I'm a survivor too, but I can't pilot the ship.
Standard alien or what? Any noteworthy background flavor?

Also, second scumpick?

Flandre:
Vote Powder Miner.
Pressure or lynch? Because if it's pressure, I'm not sure I see a question along with it.

Zrk2:
Native or Dariush. Both have dubious claims (Dariush's more than Native's) and aren't doing much (Native more than Dariush).

Now, what was the point of this question? For that matter, why aren't you volunteering your own answer to it?

Toony:
Side by side.
Too obvscum for my tastes, though I wouldn't be terribly opposed to lynching Dariush. Flandre I'm still not convinced of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:28 pm »

Powder Miner:
Anyway, another piece of the puzzle, not only aliens can have alternate wincons in this one. I just wanna escape on the ship myself.
Do you have any reason to believe you can't win with any faction that makes it to the ship? What do you mean by "alternate" wincons?
I could probably win with people- I've been told I'm not hostile to the others. Alternate wincons means third party wincons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:50 pm »

I could probably win with people- I've been told I'm not hostile to the others.
So if it's just you and three ravenous dopps, you should win as far as your role PM is concerned?

If so, do you believe that's actually the case?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 63