Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62

Author Topic: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!  (Read 293887 times)

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!
« Reply #585 on: May 06, 2013, 08:49:01 am »

Here is an embark some may like, it is close to what I was searching for but without a river.

Steep faced Volcano and mountains (Terrifying Biome) meeting a flat forested area (Joyous Wilds) has potential for fun play whether you like to delve inside or build outside. It is rich with ores including iron and gold and has 3k of the blue metal. It has flux marble and plenty of Obsidian to play with.

Download the pre-generated world here
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7637

Embark location (far right and centre of the main map)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Embark piccy

Ores

Parameters

Edit: Oww Oww Oww! Giant Undead Eagles can bring on the "fun" quite early on in this map if you are not careful. lol
I hope you enjoy this embark.  ;D

Meanwhile I shall reform The Mighty Belches and persevere to make AceHoles a fortress to remember.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:22:54 am by Sir Crashalot »

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:42 am »

Grrr, accidently quoted instead of editing my post. Isn't there an option to delete posts like this?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:34:09 am by Sir Crashalot »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2013, 09:58:19 am »

I tried generating the world below but it doesn't come up with the same world :S I just copied and pasted the worldgen into the text file and generated it with 34.11.
Any mods installed, alexij?  LNP?  All my worldgens are done with vanilla 34.11, no mods, no raw edits, nothing special or extra.

alexjj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2013, 10:27:41 am »

I tried generating the world below but it doesn't come up with the same world :S I just copied and pasted the worldgen into the text file and generated it with 34.11.
Any mods installed, alexij?  LNP?  All my worldgens are done with vanilla 34.11, no mods, no raw edits, nothing special or extra.

I was using MacTherapist...running with a fresh download of just df and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the great worldgen and support!

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »

I've found a great map that I have just got to share.

Things you want:
- 4x5 embark  (if that's too big, you can go down to 2x5 and still get the volcano and waterfall)
- volcano
- 8-z-level waterfall & minor river
- no site-wide aquifer
- iron, copper, silver, and nickel ores
- flux stone (marble)
- sand
- fire clay
- dwarf, elf, human, and goblin neighbors

Other interesting stuff:
- lots of cobaltite if you like blue stuff
- spoiler metal is actually visible from the surface (look down the volcano!)
- 40 z-level mountain/pillar/mesa right next to the volcano: suitable for sculpting a colossus?
- curiously it's not very deep.  only 10 levels or so between the bottom of the waterfall and the first cavern.  only another 10 levels or so to the bottom of the map.
- there's a second magma shaft at about the level of the first cavern

Some drawbacks:
- It's a cold climate so your waterfall only flows maybe 3 months out of the year.
- It's grasslands and badlands so trees/plants are very scarce.
- It's a calm biome so the wildlife is pretty boring.

Parameters:
(Be sure to (t)olerate the various rejection notices.)

Embark site:

Prospect:

If it's possible to mod the embark to be warmer or to have more savage wildlife, somebody please let me know how!  Otherwise this site is just perfect for me.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 08, 2013, 12:11:02 pm »

Request!

I want to make a water temple in a sinister area, preferably tropical freshwater marsh or a tropical forest. I am looking for a stream or brook (not river) with a large zlvl drop. I want no evil rain, evil clouds, and no reincarnation. A shallow magma sea is preferred, but not required.

Also, I want no ore.

Thank you!

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 09, 2013, 02:00:58 pm »

Does anybody have a particularly horrifying embark with at least part of the map "evil" and "savage" and preferably NOT re-animating?  Or at least some other part of the map non-reanimating?  At least one or two interesting features (e.g. waterfall, volcano, ocean) would make it extra nice.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 10, 2013, 02:13:14 pm »

Has anyone genned a warm, good shrubland with decent amount of ore (including iron and gold please)

a river would be appreciated as would at least one cliff face :)

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 10, 2013, 08:22:54 pm »

I could use an embark that's half evil half untamed/joyous wilds. I'd definitely don't want any clouds or rains that do any major damage to dwarves. a few minor syndromes are fine just to add a challenge. I'm not sure about zombies. I'd rather not get attacked the second after I embark, but if I had enough time to set up defences I'd probably be okay with them.

on the looks of the embark i'd like a river. as long as its not too big to get a bridge easily across I don't care about the size. I'd like want two flat plains with very high cliffs in the middle. one side of the cliffs would be evil, the cliffs themselves and the other side would be untamed/joyous wilds. at least part of the river should be accessable away from the evil areas. no waterfall.

while I prefer a 6x6, the fps does drop fairly quickly. I would like some room to move around the map though.

surface resources I'd like are: lots of wood, lots of plants, a good variety of animal types [snake or scorpion pits pits/gladiatorial arenas/food etc.]. a volcano is nice, but optional.

underground I think a single, open cavern would be best for fps. I'm not really that interested in them. I'd like a lot of room to work with before hitting the cavern though. unless it'd be a serious drain on fps at least a hundred z-levels.

What do want is a large variety of resources. tin, copper, iron, silver and gold would be nice.in very large amounts. flux I could probably live without, but it would be nice. I don't really care about sand or clay, but soil is nessesary for a farm.

I don't really care about the temp. but colder might be more interesting. as long as there liquid water in the river some of the time I'll be happy.

i'd like to have goblin, elf and human neighbours. but towers could be nice.

I wouldn't mind and ocean if it wouldn't be a serious drain on fps. as long as it had interesting wildlife.

I wouldn't mind it if the map had any interesting terrain like a cliff with no ramps, completely enclosed valleys.

last thing i'd like to say is i'd like to be as self sustaining as possible most of the trading i'd do would likely involve bolts and axeblades instead of rock crafts. but i'd still like the option to completely ignore the traders without missing something vital to an industry or whatever.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 10, 2013, 10:55:17 pm »

Has anyone genned a warm, good shrubland with decent amount of ore (including iron and gold please)

a river would be appreciated as would at least one cliff face :)
Found one close, Artinnio.

Hot (not warm) good 3x2 shrubland with iron, flux and gold, river ( a brook, but you can channel it out if you want ) but alas, completely flat. 638 trees on the surface if you're concerned about fuel.  Goblins in the world, but no elves or humans.  Half joyous wilds, half serene, two biomes, one tropical, one temperate.

Similar worlds could be generated by removing the seeds and rolling the dice.  8)

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 12, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »

Found one close, Artinnio.

Hot (not warm) good 3x2 shrubland with iron, flux and gold, river ( a brook, but you can channel it out if you want ) but alas, completely flat. 638 trees on the surface if you're concerned about fuel.  Goblins in the world, but no elves or humans.  Half joyous wilds, half serene, two biomes, one tropical, one temperate.

Thank you very much :) This will be very useful

JOanita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2013, 10:59:44 am »

Hi, im pretty noob in this game. If it is allowed, id like to request a map.

Id realy like a map with
Flowing water /river/brook
A big flat area with lots of grass, preferably temperat (untamed) wilderniss with thick vegetation in the middle of the map
Sand, clay
magma near the surface (0 to -10 ? somewhere)
lots of iron, also in the first some z-levels
all civs available
the cavern(? , what lets wood-fungus grow) as deep as possible, dont want to explore it until i have nice fort.
at least one of the first undergound-levels with a farmable surface
flux and other metals can be deep or non-existant, its not that important for me

i think thats all. the untamed wilderniss isnt that important. i like some animals, but they should not be to strong/aggressive

thank you in advance

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »

JOanita,

What you've outlined isn't too hard to find, and I'd be happy to do so, but the one thing is the " untamed wilderness. "

Untamed Wilds means savagery is high, and you'll have Giant creatures.

So, do you want Wilderness or Untamed Wilds?

And when you say big flat area, do you mean a 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5 embark size?  Let me know!

JOanita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 14, 2013, 01:23:55 pm »

well, i had untamed wildernis in my second fort, there was no thread from them. but if you say it could be dangerous, i think youre right and i should take wildernis. its not realy that important wich wildlife there is, as long as it is not that hard/aggressive. i can handle some bears, but not much more in the early stage. that said, and with a little wiki, i think everything except "EVIL" would be fine :)

(are bears always available by trading? i realy like them. would be great if i can get them in any way - but if thats to hard, ill just take dogs to embark)

Id like to take a 4x4 or 5x5 embark, but if theres a mountain on the side - that doesnt matter. i only need a 2x2  flat grass area for my outside part of the fort, preferably in the middle of the 5x5 map.

thanks for trying to make one! :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:26:11 pm by JOanita »

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 14, 2013, 02:04:48 pm »

JOanita, you might check out this map I found:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101280.msg4154136#msg4154136

It's a 5x4 embark with a volcano in the SE corner,  a stream with a one z-level waterfall that goes along the north and west edges, and most of the rest of the map is flat and heavily forested.  It's a warm map, so the river never freezes.  It has iron in the form of hematite as well as native gold.  It's an untamed wilds map, so it has giant creatures, but they aren't aggressive or evil.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62