Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139512 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2012, 02:45:39 am »

I don't think either of those can be added with CE_ADD_TAG, can they?

Alamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2012, 04:41:14 am »

It depends on whose secrets you intend to use. There's a lot of variability in how people have been displaying/providing them in this thread, because it's mostly been a discussion about how interactions work and all the cool things you can do with them, rather than actual mods to download. But if you can show me what you wanted to use, I would gladly help you get it working in the manner you desire.

Mine that I posted there can be learned from slabs/books as secrets or you can be born with them if you chose the associated caste (the castes are rare enough that you won't find them everywhere), and all you need to do to install it is extract the .txt files to the DF/raw/objects folder. In that respect it's about like installing any fully-prepared mod, mostly because I can't just post the entire thing on the forums now that it's become so big.
On that note, I really need to reupload it, because theres some outstanding issues with it currently.

Well, your mod actually sounds exactly what I'm after, I just finished installing it now, and placing the different bits in their respective folders (I hope). Basically, it looks like I can now learn dfferent spells from towers, is that right? I'm hoping to find some telekinesis-y spells, or maybe a kung-fuish way of doing things (kicks and punches sending enemies flying), but also fireballs, freezerays, that sorta jazz... But I'm gonna try out that mod of yours first!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2012, 12:11:06 pm »

Haven't heard anybody say they've figured out a good telekinesis effect, besides maybe the horrendously-dangerous directed dust attack. And the elemental mages' spells don't include freezerays at the moment, but it does include ice spikes.

You'll be able to find them in some towers, but not all. There will still be plenty of necromancer towers, and the new secrets my mod adds also result in towers being built. Filled with the undead. They're actually significantly more dangerous than necromancers, besides their resurrection spell being slow and weak. The zombies will mostly stay dead long enough for you to infiltrate once stabbed sufficiently, but the mages may set you on fire, which is an unrecoverable death sentence at the moment...

[edit]

Anybody have a good way to select males and females separately for the purposes of giving them different gender-dependent CDI's? The druid interaction has been using one for a while now that seems clunky and I could have swore I saw someone using a much simpler way to do it, but I can't remember where.

Here's waht I've been using:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It then goes on to give targets A and B different syndromes that have gender-appropriate transformations.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:08:00 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Callumagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2012, 01:28:29 pm »

Ok, question here. Read through the whole thread but it's stil unclear, so hopefully someone who's experimented will have an answer.

I understand that even though the secrets i've created appear in slabs and books in the Legends screen, they won't be found in Necromancer towers unless the secret gives the ability to animate the dead.

A couple questions:

1) I'm quite new to adventure mode. If the slabs can't be found in necromancer towers, can adventurers still learn those spells? I understand that it's possible to learn from books - is this common? If my secret cannot be learned from a necromancer tower, would it still be feasible for an adventuer to learn them?

2) If I do need to add reanimation to their abilities, do they have to actually be able to reanimate corpses? For example, if I gave them a reanimation CDI with a USAGE_HINT of FLEEING, they'd just never use it. Would this work?

3) Like I said, I'm new to adventure mode. I created some humans in the object arena who have access to my secrets, and when I view them in dwarf mode they use the powers, shooting each other with ice and changing shape and the like. However, when I assume control of them I can't figure out how to use the interactions? Does anyone know what the command is?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:30:24 pm by Callumagus »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 27, 2012, 01:30:28 pm »

x is how you use interactions. Just look through the menus.

Slabs can show up in towers even if the secret isn't that of life and death.

Callumagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 27, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »

Thanks! I was puzzling for ages over how to do that.

As for the slabs, several people have said that the slabs won't show up unless they grant some sort of animation power in addition to whatever other powers they give - the reason being that the towers are full of zombies or something. Is this true?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 27, 2012, 01:36:56 pm »

Thanks! I was puzzling for ages over how to do that.

As for the slabs, several people have said that the slabs won't show up unless they grant some sort of animation power in addition to whatever other powers they give - the reason being that the towers are full of zombies or something. Is this true?
Oh, no, you only need an animate power for necromancer towers. You can still find slabs with the powers in city forts and such.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Callumagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »

Oh, no, you only need an animate power for necromancer towers. You can still find slabs with the powers in city forts and such.

Awesome. I was worried how I'd work that in. Thanks for the help & quick reply.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2013, 06:24:33 pm »

Thought I'd share some more of my spells here:

All simple spells, not too hard to make on your own.

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 31, 2014, 11:44:47 pm »

Necroing... because this thread was pretty awesome.  I haven't kept up with the new tags and changes made to interactions.  Will all of the spells in here still work with the latest version?  Also, if anyone has a good collection of spells they don't mind sharing, I would love to see them.
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 01, 2014, 12:22:34 am »

I have a huge collection somewhere, I could post them if I find them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 01, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »

Nothing was changed in interactions, only added. This is something to be appreciated somewhat, hehe.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 01, 2014, 08:33:21 pm »

Regular Spells:
Magic Missile might as well be "Material Emission" just there are x4 and x8 versions. I made it so it was easy to remember.
Slow might need to effect agility as the new movement stuff (but someone said the zombie slow interactions work so idk)
Berserk I haven't seen anyone get crazed from it yet so not sure if I made it right.
Root is a tad op why it's only 25 ticks, learned that can't just paralyze a certain part, had the spell insta kill smaller things like birds due to suffocation, Root just trips someone up
Silence was for all my mages because their spells had VERBAL so that you could counter the other hostile mages in my mod.

Also my progressive Lvl up system for Fire Mages (I have earth and water mages too)

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 01, 2014, 09:22:45 pm »

A draft of something I made for fae-creatures recently, which uses the new social usage hints. (Elves are also fae in my mod.)

I still need to tweak both of these, especially the timings.  The torment one shouldn't make people fall unconscious, even when it's used many times in a row, otherwise it would be abused for easy kills.  I'm already being cautious against making elves OP, seeing as I've given them sharp weaponry and changed their whole internal bodily structure (though I have made them incredibly fragile, since they're made of aether underneath the humanoid glamour)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:32:00 pm by samanato »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 02, 2014, 12:05:39 am »

Hugo, I noticed for your leveling system you're using time delays. I tried that as well but in adventure mode the delay seems to be forgotten about when the player travels by map. I used delays similar in length to your lvl 1-2 ones. After exiting the travel map, even if you only traveled one tile, it would advance to the end, giving players the full set of spells. Have you been having the same problem with yours?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28