Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139586 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »

Just a bit of a question here. I've been working on my own version of the paralyzing stare mentioned earlier in the thread, however I keep accidentally killing smaller creatures when their lungs stop working. So I was wondering, what if instead of paralyzing the infected creature, I simply had [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:0:START:0:END:10000]? Would this freeze the creature in a time-lock until the 10000 ticks had passed?

Would the [MUSCULAR_ONLY] tag fit the purpose?
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »

I figured out how to have changed tissue layers!

Use a tissue layer that is completely unrelated to the original, such as foot fat, and completely remove any related modifiers from the original creature.

Yes, it's hackish. Yes, it's ugly. Yes, BOTH have to be done.

For example, say you have a creature with black, curly, greasy hair and you want to make it blonde. First, remove the black hair from the creature entirely. It's required. Second, make the unrelated tissue have the gold color modifier and use [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR] to make it appears as "his hair is gold."

It's pretty freaking horrible, I have to admit.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »

Use a tissue layer that is completely unrelated to the original, such as foot fat, and completely remove any related modifiers from the original creature.

For example, say you have a creature with black, curly, greasy hair and you want to make it blonde. First, remove the black hair from the creature entirely. It's required. Second, make the unrelated tissue have the gold color modifier and use [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR] to make it appears as "his hair is gold."

That way, when it steps in magma, the floor will be smeared in melted foot hair that displays as a yellow smudge.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2012, 11:06:53 pm »

Like I said, it's ugly.

Besides, it doesn't even work most of the time, it seems. So I guess it can be ignored. But hey, I'm looking for more ways.

EDIT: Fuck it.

DOUBLE EDIT: The sound of palm hitting face was heard throughout the neighborhood. Let's try this again.

TRIPLE EDIT: Yeah, fuck it.

SUPER EDIT 4: Sound was heard yet again as the change I made in the first place didn't take. What the hell?

Edit 5: Well, I guess it did take. See edits 1 and 3.

Edit 6: Do creatures just refuse to transform after their first time in fort mode? If so, I'm going to have to make that Super Saiyan transformation last the entire time until they get access to Super Saiyan 2...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:41:23 pm by Putnam »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2012, 10:16:33 pm »

I think you could make a new standard tissue setup for creatures only used for transformations.  Something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then you could assign the appropriate tissues to the new creature's tissue layers (like BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:T_HAIR, or for VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS you send in T_SKIN, FAT, MUSCLE, BONE and CARTILAGE, etc.)  Coloring the T_tissue would have no reason to crash the game, I think, and everything would be copacetic.  If vanilla transformations are like having one's tissues twisted around to form some kind of metamorphosis, a separate tissue setup means one's tissues themselves twist and mutate into novel forms, and it is this molecular shifting that results in the shape of some other kind of creature.

Besides, it doesn't even work most of the time, it seems. So I guess it can be ignored. But hey, I'm looking for more ways.
(...)
Edit 6: Do creatures just refuse to transform after their first time in fort mode? If so, I'm going to have to make that Super Saiyan transformation last the entire time until they get access to Super Saiyan 2...

IIRC, only one creature transformation can be in effect at any given time.  It throws a wrench in Polymorph Control to be sure.

For your Super Saiyans, have you considered an OVER layer, gas-state 'energy' tissue to cover their bodies?  You could specially color the eye energy tissue of the Supers teal or something, the hair's golden yellow, and maybe call the upper body's energy tissue 'aura'.  Just replace the usual app modifiers to select the new tissues and it should look something like "His eyes are teal.  His hair is golden yellow.  His aura is gold."

The energy material (since DBZ already laughs at physics) could be absurdly dense, making them even stronger, but it would need an extremely fast healing rate to make up for the "right foot aura is gone" type messages.  Over-layer tissues could work for Oozaru eyes and hair as well.

Just my untested thoughts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #290 on: March 24, 2012, 10:29:24 pm »

About several transfomations: Narhiril found a loophole around that. You kill a transfomred creature and immediatly resurrect it, using a transformation for the resurrection. Work like this:

Dwarf => transform => superdwarf.
Superdwarf dies.
Superdwarf corpse reverts back to dwarf corpse.
Resurrect dwarf using überdwarf transformation.
Dwarf Corpse => Überdwarf.

The transformation effect in the resurrection interaction works immediatly and the former superdwarf transformation, which is still active in theory, is ignored since it cant transform the already transformed dwarf again. Very clutchy ;) But it works.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2012, 10:39:20 pm »

I made giddy excited sounds at your suggestions, Seth :P

Also, my problem isn't that they can't transform while transformed, my problem is that they refuse to transform again once they un-transform. Super saiyans only remain as super saiyans for 5000 frames, then after that they transform back. However, after the first time they transform, they simply stop doing it ever again, instead preferring to limp back to the hospital and lie there rather than heal up and go super saiyan like a PROUD WARRIOR RACE PERSON would do.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:40 pm »

About several transfomations: Narhiril found a loophole around that. You kill a transfomred creature and immediatly resurrect it, using a transformation for the resurrection. Work like this:

Dwarf => transform => superdwarf.
Superdwarf dies.
Superdwarf corpse reverts back to dwarf corpse.
Resurrect dwarf using überdwarf transformation.
Dwarf Corpse => Überdwarf.

The transformation effect in the resurrection interaction works immediatly and the former superdwarf transformation, which is still active in theory, is ignored since it cant transform the already transformed dwarf again. Very clutchy ;) But it works.

Yeah, apparently [IE_IMMEDIATE] is checked before existing transformation syndromes.  I'm not sure what will happen if the "uberdwarf" transformation is permanent and the dwarf dies again...  As in, when you resurrect him, I'm not sure if he will resurrect as an uberdwarf or revert back to a superdwarf.  I'm not sure what order the syndromes themselves are checked in, just that [IE_IMMEDIATE] seems to supersede them.

I made giddy excited sounds at your suggestions, Seth :P

Also, my problem isn't that they can't transform while transformed, my problem is that they refuse to transform again once they un-transform. Super saiyans only remain as super saiyans for 5000 frames, then after that they transform back. However, after the first time they transform, they simply stop doing it ever again, instead preferring to limp back to the hospital and lie there rather than heal up and go super saiyan like a PROUD WARRIOR RACE PERSON would do.

My creatures have never done this - they transform, revert after a duration, wait for the cooldown, and then transform again.  Post your interaction raws and I may be able to help.

Spoiler: What I'm using... (click to show/hide)

The dwarf is able to perform the interaction on a 200 tick cooldown, but can only target himself once the syndrome's lingering effect expires after 7500 ticks.  Basically, this forces him to find another target if he has already healed himself or another within the last 7500 ticks.  After 7500 ticks he will happily target himself again.  One could easily restrict the targets to dwarves only as well.

I'm working on a way to modify this interaction so that it will only target WOUNDED dwarves, but unfortunately, this bug has somewhat impeded my progress.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2012, 12:11:55 am »

Code: (Super Saiyan 1 Interaction) [Select]
[INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_MALE]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_2]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_3]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_4]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:5000]
[CE:CREATURE:SUPER_SAIYAN:SUPER_ONE_MALE]
[SYN_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_1]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:1296000] 3 years and ~2.5 months in fortress mode, what is apparently an arbitrarily low (probably first fast travel) in adventurer. Fortress mode progresses 72 times faster than adventurer.
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan 2!]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_2_MALE]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
[CDI:VERBAL]
[CDI:VERBAL_SPEECH:supersaiyan.txt]
[CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flow through you--more than has ever been felt before--as your hair lifts almost entirely above your head and lightning sparks fill your ki aura. This is the feeling of true power:suddenly explodes with a power unlike any ever known in history:NA] Since super saiyan 2s can't happen in worldgen, as far as I know of this writing, the incredible power thing should work.
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:5000]

Code: (Super Saiyan 1 CDI) [Select]
[SELECT_CASTE:SUPER_MALE]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_MALE]
     [CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan!]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
   [CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flowing through you, as your hair turns yellow, your eyes turn green, and rocks slowly start flying from the ground:suddenly has blonde hair, green eyes, and incredible power]
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10000]
[CREATURE_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN]

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:1296000]

This is your problem.  Because this syndrome is still in effect (even though it may not have kicked in yet) and the interaction has [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED], it can only be fired once.  I would suggest pulling that timed effect into another interaction altogether.  Alternatively, try this...

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_MALE]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ACTIVE_TRANSFORMATION]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_2]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_3]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_4]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:5000]
[CE:CREATURE:SUPER_SAIYAN:SUPER_ONE_MALE]
[SYN_CLASS:ACTIVE_TRANSFORMATION]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:1296000] 3 years and ~2.5 months in fortress mode, what is apparently an arbitrarily low (probably first fast travel) in adventurer. Fortress mode progresses 72 times faster than adventurer.
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan 2!]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_2_MALE]
[CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flow through you--more than has ever been felt before--as your hair lifts almost entirely above your head and lightning sparks fill your ki aura. This is the feeling of true power:suddenly explodes with a power unlike any ever known in history:NA] Since super saiyan 2s can't happen in worldgen, as far as I know of this writing, the incredible power thing should work.
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:5000]

Since I split it into two effects and two parallel syndromes, the second should no longer interfere with the first.  The functionality of [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED] that you had intended (unable to transform if already transformed) is preserved using syndrome classes instead.

the_kInGk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »

Please tell me where to put these can_do_interactions and other code. I'm noob =_=  :(

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2012, 03:30:17 pm »

the can do interaction tags typically go on the creature itself, either at a caste level or anywhere, or are added via syndromes. CE for the syndrome, cut that part out for inherent abilities, otherwise they are the same.

edit: Bah, ninja'ed, and with a better answer  :P

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

Please tell me where to put these can_do_interactions and other code. I'm noob =_=  :(

You need [INTERACTION:???]s in the interaction_default.txt folder. Once a type of interaction is specified, you somehow have to get the [CDI:XXX] onto the creature you want to do it. This can be done with a syndrome, a secret like the necromancy example or placed directly into the creature files - look at dragons or cats for an example of a creature that naturally does an interaction.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:34 pm »

Quick question that i haven't seen answered on this thread or otherwise: How do you get a creature to use the WEATHER_CREEPING_GAS/VAPOR/DUST methods in an interaction? Because they don't work interchangably with things like WEB_SPRAY or SOLID_GLOB and all that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:24 pm »

Quick question that i haven't seen answered on this thread or otherwise: How do you get a creature to use the WEATHER_CREEPING_GAS/VAPOR/DUST methods in an interaction? Because they don't work interchangably with things like WEB_SPRAY or SOLID_GLOB and all that.

Sadly, weather refuses to work if a creature is the source of the interaction.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28