Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139568 times)

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »

Here's a more complex transformation spell.  You put a curse on target, transforming them into a [crazed] gremlin, and then that gremlin spreads the curse to everyone it bites. And they spread it to whoever they bite and so on. 

This is the creature people turn into. Basically a gremlin with combat skills so it can survive for a bit longer. The magic comes from the [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:XXX] tag. That's how were-curses are transferred through bites. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It requires two separate interactions: one to cast at a range and one for a bite or scratch.

And here is the spell-caster's interaction:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »

@the grackle: Is this tested in Fortress Mode ? I want to do the same for zombies bites, but I am afraid they eridicate everything in Worldgen.

You dont have any gremlin plagues converting every civ in legends ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »

@the grackle: Is this tested in Fortress Mode ? I want to do the same for zombies bites, but I am afraid they eridicate everything in Worldgen.
You dont have any gremlin plagues converting every civ in legends ?
I only tested it in the arena to see if it worked there.  I'm not sure how you'd manage it in world gen. Also this transformation is temporary; a victim will eventually change back. 

Unfortunately, zombies/undead interactions just use a syndrome, and syndromes can't add all tags yet  --such as [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:XXX] .  If you wanted a spreading zombie plague, it would have to change the victim into a whole new zombie-like creature.

Because the world gen stuff is hardcoded--rampages and such--the zombies would end up being just like werecreatures; there would be maybe a dozen of them living in caves outside of a town.  It wouldn't be that impressive in Adventure Mode, but in Fortress Mode it might be able to spark a real zombie plague among your dwarves. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »

Nah, I already have an undead zombie civ that makes war on other civs, laying sieges and stealing children.

I just wondered what would happen if everyone they attack becomes a zombie as well. By transformation-inducing syndromes in their saliva, injected...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:15 pm »

I have a few interactions I've been making while watching drives format.  I tested them out and most are functional, if unpolished.  Anybody is welcome to them.

The SCARECROW_FORM spell requires the Scarecrow creature:

Spoiler: creature_inanimate_ff (click to show/hide)

edit:  updated interactions.  Better IT conditions and durations, Basilisk warnings now unable to target already frozen victims
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:11:25 am by SethCreiyd »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2012, 01:33:23 pm »

I just made a new type of secret. It's the -mancy of diseases and stuff.

Secret:

Interactions:

Put this in objects/text:
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

I have a few interactions I've been making while watching drives format.  I tested them out and most are functional, if unpolished.  Anybody is welcome to them.

Nice set of interactions. A query though, how does Basilisk warning and freeze work? As far as I know, unless you did some black raw magickry I still don't understand yet, the creature will use one of the two reactions randomly, and as such, creatures have a chance to be frozen before the warning hits.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:01 pm »

The 'Transform to Scarecrow' spell requires the Scarecrow creature entries:

Spoiler: creature_inanimate_ff (click to show/hide)

Very nice! I can make use of that drain life one right away.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:40 pm »

Thanks!  Though be warned, the drain life's recuperation effects might be improperly implemented.  The intent is to reduce the victim's recuperation, but I don't fully understand the numbers.

Nice set of interactions. A query though, how does Basilisk warning and freeze work? As far as I know, unless you did some black raw magickry I still don't understand yet, the creature will use one of the two reactions randomly, and as such, creatures have a chance to be frozen before the warning hits.

Getting the warning first is really a matter of fate.  If you're 20 or less tiles away from the lizard when it sees you, you'll get the warning, but if you're eight tiles or closer, you can get petrified.

Some more raws:

Spoiler: Basilisk (click to show/hide)

Here are the secrets I got working.  It seems that during world gen, secret-finders will keep learning the same types of secrets over and over again (one particular king learned the secrets of fire seven times), even if the syndrome class is forbidden,  so they all got the IMMORTALITY and NO_AGING stuff to circumvent that until something else could be rigged up.

Oh, and here's the Scarecrow interaction I forgot:

-=Secrets=-

Nice Disease-omancy, jaxy.  Are there any strange effects from having such a high severity for the syndromes?

EDIT:  pasted updated basilisk
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:12:57 pm by SethCreiyd »

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2012, 02:20:28 pm »

WOW It must have been a long format ;p ...thx Seth, these are great.
I especially appreciate the idea with a [SUPERNATURAL] tag to limit the spells.
Looks like I will base my 'Mana potions' on this ;]

Only problem now is the abundance of ingredients for elixirs (Great elixir brewing reactions by Deon) Now, I need to test if I can limit the potion making, by adding live vermin as a reagent :D

Which brings me to a question: Have anyone tried to transform small pet (vermin) via interactions into large creatures?
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »

-=Secrets=-

Nice Disease-omancy, jaxy.  Are there any strange effects from having such a high severity for the syndromes?
Well, the effects don't appear to be that severe when I use them.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

Vermin to large creature wont work well. You cant remove the vermin tag as far as I know.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »

Vermin to large creature wont work well. You cant remove the vermin tag as far as I know.

Not yet.  Transforming large creatures into vermin doesn't work too well either, the game crashes if you (v)iew their status.

Here are some regional effects I was tinkering with, but I think one or more were causing crashes during world-gen, so keep that in mind if you use them.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Thanks!  Though be warned, the drain life's recuperation effects might be improperly implemented.  The intent is to reduce the victim's recuperation, but I don't fully understand the numbers.

Yeah, the numbers are screwy there- I didn't notice because I was implementing my own debuff. You want something more like CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:25:0 - it's percentage based, so that would cut the target's recuperation down to 1/4. It's a lot easier to test with AGILITY since you can get immediate, concrete numerical feedback.

I've hit a snag with the verbiage, however, as I'd like to be able to communicate the two different effects. Since the caster is counted as a target, he gets both the "You now suck" bit and the "You now rock" bit, even though only the latter is true.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »

Not yet.  Transforming large creatures into vermin doesn't work too well either, the game crashes if you (v)iew their status
Really? I haven't had that problem in arena mode. Does it happen in Adventure mode?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28