Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139530 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »

Here's a fast one for enlightening barnyard animals so they can be your companions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interaction (click to show/hide)

Some tags aren't supported yet.

Wait, what? I am so borrowing this interaction. Have you (or anyone) tested this?

I don't see any reason it wouldn't, and it's a damn good idea. Increasing the targets mental capacities is a nice touch. I myself would leave the creature with its regular lifespan, so you can feel sad about your faithful dog dropping dead of old age. Or, alternately, undertake an elaborate quest to find a different reaction that would make your dog immortal.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2012, 08:23:46 pm »

Here's a fast one for enlightening barnyard animals so they can be your companions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interaction (click to show/hide)

Some tags aren't supported yet.

Wait, what? I am so borrowing this interaction. Have you (or anyone) tested this?

I don't see any reason it wouldn't, and it's a damn good idea. Increasing the targets mental capacities is a nice touch. I myself would leave the creature with its regular lifespan, so you can feel sad about your faithful dog dropping dead of old age. Or, alternately, undertake an elaborate quest to find a different reaction that would make your dog immortal.

Or maybe brew an elixir of immortality, and instead of drinking it, you throw it at your pet.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2012, 08:24:32 pm »

"Now we can be friends forever, Mr. Scruffy!" *smash*

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2012, 01:27:25 am »

I am planning on making a spell compendium, what spells would people like, and what methods would be preferred for acquiring them? I share report back once I have some more in place.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2012, 02:17:36 am »

I tested it in the arena.  It makes animals, ogres, and sasquatches talkable--but not dragons, fireimps, ironmen, or kobolds. I think it works on humans too, because INTELLIGENT isn't supported yet.  It also won't change factions or make wild animals friendly.  Also, unless a cow-peasant has an adventurous personality, it might not want to become your companion.

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2012, 03:36:00 am »

Has anybody thought about doing a lightning spell? I've thought about giving it a shot but my mod fu is pretty weak. It would probably give local paralysis, local nerve damage, something to emulate local burns (slight necrosis?), and cause a lot of pain. Ideally it'd be strong enough that a shot to the head/upper body has a 25-50% chance of killing, though that might require a little too much testing and refining. It'd be a nice match with the fire and ice spells.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2012, 04:06:53 am »

Lightning is hard to do. It needs to be rapid; burning the victim, but not melting it. I have no idea how to make something like that, although if someone could make something like that, then yeah, it would be nice.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2012, 07:57:07 am »

Loving these interactions! Im still unsure if you can create weather spells though, Id like a spell to create fire and brimstone rain and a spell to make acid rain, and a spell to make regular rain.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:21 am »

Has anybody thought about doing a lightning spell? I've thought about giving it a shot but my mod fu is pretty weak. It would probably give local paralysis, local nerve damage, something to emulate local burns (slight necrosis?), and cause a lot of pain. Ideally it'd be strong enough that a shot to the head/upper body has a 25-50% chance of killing, though that might require a little too much testing and refining. It'd be a nice match with the fire and ice spells.

I've thought about it, and I came to the conclusion that it would be wicked difficult.  The closest solution I can think of right now is something like my Ice Strike spell, but with a really hot bolt instead that flash-boils at room temperature.  The interaction itself would probably also include things like pain, bruising, bleeding, paralysis, and swelling, because you can still be zapped by lightning even if the bolt itself misses you.  Part of the problem is that, when you're struck by lightning, the electricity itself is only one of the things that hurts you.  Another is the superheated air and gases that form, and then there's the shockwave of compressed air that hits you as well, which can do some serious internal damage.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:26 am »

OH silly me! I just forgot to change that last line. [CE:CREATURE:ELEMENTMAN_FIRE:DEFAULT] should be replaced with [CE:CREATURE:AVATAROF_FIRE:DEFAULT]. For now he would only turn into a fire man.

That explains allot  :P ...
but I still have a problem with it, now errorlog states this:
 *** Error(s) finalizing the interaction AVATAR_FIRE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: AVATAROF_FIRE:DEFAULT
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2012, 01:14:54 pm »

Work on the Guild-System is almost finished, currently testing.
Golems have been improved... a lot, will upload the new version when I am done with everything.

Work on a upgrade system for pets has begun. Build armorplates, take dog, create: Armored dog. A pet with a natural metal armorlayer above certain bodyparts. Might add natural weapons (harder teeth/claws?) as well. Will make a couple of those. This way war animals should be usefull even later in game. Steel-clad war elephants with candy tusks anyone ? (this is slightly over the top and will not be added ;) )
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »

Mr. Scruffy? Like that commoner-killing white cat?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »

I can see Belkar going on a world-slaughtering spree to secure immortality for that cat.

I can also see Belkar going on a world-slaughtering spree just for shits and giggles, but that is neither here nor there.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »

I can see Belkar going on a world-slaughtering spree to secure immortality for that cat.

I can also see Belkar going on a world-slaughtering spree just for shits and giggles, but that is neither here nor there.

Ladies and gentleman, the logical result of pondering what the best Adventure mode charecter would be.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2012, 05:03:15 pm »

This thread is awesome and is making figuring out interactions a lot easier. Thanks to everyone who's contributed.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28