Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139607 times)

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2012, 03:20:14 am »

I tried adding the interactions etc. for the 'messiah' transformation, but I can't seem to find the slabs - they're listed in legends, but when I go to the places where they're recorded to have been stored, I can't find a trace of them. Something similar happened in vanilla, where a necromancer slab recorded as having been stored in a fortress wasn't there. Does anyone know where they show up? Am I being dumb, and there's some other way to get at the interactions without the slabs?

Apologies for posting the query here - wasn't sure where to put it.

RysanMarquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2012, 05:49:15 am »

If those places are fortressess of darkness, dwarf forts, or forest retreats then you are out of luck.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2012, 06:18:08 am »

Regular human fort. Same happens with towns and hamlets. Funny thing is, I have seen a tablet in a fort once, but most of the times I've looked I've been over the whole place again and again and not found a trace.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:53 pm »

I've successfully learned the secret for the weather material flow interactions from a necromancer tower, but when I try to cast it it does absolutely nothing, with no messages or anything. I'll try to get it to work, though.

Also, does anybody know whether a secret-type interaction can call on multiple spheres, and if so how it treats that?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:13:16 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »

I put these questions in the modding questions thread, but they're being drowned out, so I'm going to ask them here as well:
I have the following plant and reaction:
Spoiler: fluff potion plant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: brew fluff potion (click to show/hide)

Right now, the reaction puts the drink in a flask/waterskin/vial.  Will my dwarves be able/willing to drink it in this form, or do I need to put it in a barrel instead?
I'm trying to do some stuff with potions and alchemy, and I want to make it so that you have to make one of several "bases" for potions.  The process would go something like this:

Empty flask/flask filled with water + some plant material -> potion base
potion base + ingredient(s) -> potion

My question is this:
How can I make a reaction require a plant's DRINK to be in a flask, and then put the product back in that same flask?  I want it to be usable in adventure mode, and I've been having some trouble getting adventure mode reactions to respect ingredients in containers.
Also, can I require a flask full of water for the first step?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2012, 06:00:00 pm »

I tried adding the interactions etc. for the 'messiah' transformation, but I can't seem to find the slabs - they're listed in legends, but when I go to the places where they're recorded to have been stored, I can't find a trace of them. Something similar happened in vanilla, where a necromancer slab recorded as having been stored in a fortress wasn't there. Does anyone know where they show up? Am I being dumb, and there's some other way to get at the interactions without the slabs?

Apologies for posting the query here - wasn't sure where to put it.
In vanilla, I've had necromancer's towers with no slab, even though it was listed in legends.  It's either a bug or a there's a random chance for them to be there.  Although Secrets can be in books too, so read through all you find. 

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:40 am »

Since my old vampirates were just the ugliest night creatures I could find and modify, I think they were freaks of evil.  I reinvented them as vampires that are very good at hiding in your fort. They aren't vampires all the time but upon turning they say something piratey.
This goes in interactions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this goes in insults_pirate.txt
tested in the arena is hilareous! I don't know what happened to that ]bracket, but it's fixed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:54:04 am by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:22 am »

Yarr- I mean, sounds good.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2012, 02:14:19 pm »

Are biome interaction modable?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »

Hey, remember a while back when we were feeling special for having abilities that debuff the foe and boost the user (thus allowing Life Drain effects, etc)?

It works when the player uses it, but not when the AI does.

Spoiler: The Interaction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Creature (click to show/hide)

So, normally this ability causes a slight debuff to the foe, and a big recuperation buff to the user- I switched it to Agility since that is easier to measure the effect. Now, if you take control of Bulbasaur and use Leech Seed, the foe takes his debuff and you get your big speed boost. BUT, if you spawn a Bulbasaur and take control of, say, a Roc, then when Bulbasaur uses Leech Seed the ROC gets the speed boost and (presumably) the debuff as well.

I'm cross-posting from the Modding Questions thread, and I can report that trying to make TARGET:B:SELF_ONLY causes the creature to never use the ability at all. Still works fine if the player uses it, just not if the mon does. Removing USAGE_HINT:ATTACK makes the mon use it randomly instead of as an attack, which is hardly ideal.

Any ideas?

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:44 pm »

Are biome interaction modable?
yes there's an example in interaction_region.txt, but they don't give you a material to work with so here's one I extracted.
And here's Frankenstein's Monster, somewhat different from the book.
and Dr. Frankenstein, who could use the books from alchemy instead.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:05:48 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Iosis4al1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:37 pm »

Awesome!  I have a few spells I've come up with (with quite a lot of help): 

Spoiler: Ice Spike (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arctic Wind (click to show/hide)

Both of these spells require this material:

Also, for any creature you want to give these spells to (especially the second one), you'll have to add [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL][COLDDAM_POINT:NONE].

Cold temperature effects still appear not to work for applying actual frostbite however this old hack appears to still work:

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »

I developed this for my own mod, but seeing that the community needs some more interactions, I'll go ahead and share it for anyone's use.  Tested, works.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:WEARINESS_CURSE]
[I_SOURCE:DEITY]
[IS_USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: cursed ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: to never again find rest or respite]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
[SYN_NAME:eternal weariness]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOSTUN:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:70:0:AGILITY:70:0:TOUGHNESS:60:0:START:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:80:0:WILLPOWER:80:0:START:0]

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:05 pm »

The Secret of Rebirth. Allows polymorph healing, true resurrection, and turning into an angry angel. Thanks to Urist Da Vinci for the orginal Resurrection spell.
Spoiler: Secret of Rebirth v1.3 (click to show/hide)

Resurrection now temporarily super slows the resurrected creature. The healing spell(s) now turn you into a custom bird. You can now look at these transformed creatures without crashing the game.
[/quote][/SPOILER]

Using this as an example, i created a few other secrets; am i to believe this will give Necro's the chance of writing books about them and leading me to the possibility of learning them myself in adventure mode? Thanks in advance.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »

The Secret of Rebirth. Allows polymorph healing, true resurrection, and turning into an angry angel. Thanks to Urist Da Vinci for the orginal Resurrection spell.
Spoiler: Secret of Rebirth v1.3 (click to show/hide)

Using this as an example, i created a few other secrets; am i to believe this will give Necro's the chance of writing books about them and leading me to the possibility of learning them myself in adventure mode? Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
It will actually spawn Messiahs in world gen, alongside necromancers. The Messiahs will write books about it. The Necromancers will not.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28