Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139570 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:31 am »

Gasses fail at heat transference. It needs to be full environment or more personal.

Anyone know if it is possible to make Interactions require a consumable? This is pretty important for what I am working on.
Other then making a ingested syndrome that requires you to eat/drink something that gives you the interaction for a short time (Drink the potion of fireblast, you can now use Fireblast for 30 timeUrists) But I don't know if an Interaction can require a REAGENT

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:03 pm »

More testing results:

• [CDI:MATERIAL:BLAH:UNDIRECTED_VAPOR] - Turns BLAH material into vapor, which explodes outward from the user in an area effect. Much more reliable than TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW.
  • [CDI:MATERIAL:BLAH:UNDIRECTED_GAS] - Turns BLAH material into gas, which explodes outward from the user in an area effect. Much more reliable than TRAILING_GAS_FLOW.

A spell with peculiar properties... cryo web spell

The interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The material:

As I suspected, and stated as much in my previous post, using a material with particular properties in the WEB_SPRAY emission yields interesting results. In the case of this Cryoweb spell, it shoots a sticky web as normal, paralyzing anyone in range, but because the material has those specific properties, the web remnants then explode into clouds of freezing liquid. If the material had syndromes attached, this could do even more things all at once. Neat.

That's a pretty awesome effect. Instant wall of explosive webbing!

And I've noticed that despite how useless trailing vapor/gas flows are at distributing materials properly (always strike the caster and rarely reach the target.) the trailing DUST flow can be used in this way to propel the caster in a certain direction, although very unreliably and with high risk. Girlinhat suggested to attach another effect to the spell that would convert the caster's tissues into metal to prevent damage, but I can't seem to do that without using a werebeast transformation, which of course is still buggy in it's design.
Any other ideas for how to accomplish this or prevent damage? Would raising toughness and recuperation be enough?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2012, 04:13:40 pm »

@burnme: Does this mean you could pray webs, which stay till someone steps on them, and then burst into flames ? Seems that way.

Respect, this is a very nice find. Webs that have syndromes. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2012, 05:54:34 pm »

Code: (interaction_40k.txt) [Select]
[INTERACTION:COLLAR_DETONATION]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
Code: (creature_40k_penal_legion) [Select]
[SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:MALE]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:COLLAR_DETONATION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Try to remove collar]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:COLLAR]
[CDI:FLOW:UNDIRECTED_DUST]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]
Doesn't work in arena or adventure mode no matter how much I tamper with my collar. Errorlog is clean. Explosive collar is attached. Help.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »

Anyone want to try using WEATHER_CREEPING_VAPOR or WEATHER_FALLING_MATERIAL for the mat line? If it works, the possibilities fill my heart with evil glee
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »

You mean it rains webs ? That explode/freeze/burn upon contact ? What a... nice... thought.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »

How about a dwarf blessed with the power to make it rain gold? Molten gold, that is. Dense, heavy gold. Falling from clouds miles up

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:39 pm »

Anyone want to try using WEATHER_CREEPING_VAPOR or WEATHER_FALLING_MATERIAL for the mat line? If it works, the possibilities fill my heart with evil glee
I tried it, targeting a region in adventure mode, and nothing happened. I don't think CREATURE_ACTION is a valid source for weather.   

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2012, 08:18:16 pm »

I tried it, targeting a region in adventure mode, and nothing happened. I don't think CREATURE_ACTION is a valid source for weather.

Did you make an interaction that the adventurer performed, or did you make a region interaction? Check error log, is it clean? what does it say?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:33 pm »

Has anyone managed to get a Secret interaction working? I've been plodding around for the better part of an hour without much result

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »

The [IS_SECRET_GOAL] tag must be IMMORTALITY, and the secret in question must have an animate corpse interaction or otherwise, it won't appear.

You can weaken the non-necromancer's raise dead ability by giving it a long wait time and limiting it to one corpse.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2012, 09:18:14 pm »

Hrmm, that's rather limited.. guess I'll have to wait until such a time as toady expands the available tags :/

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:13 pm »

The [IS_SECRET_GOAL] tag must be IMMORTALITY, and the secret in question must have an animate corpse interaction or otherwise, it won't appear build towers or have apprentices.

You can weaken the non-necromancer's raise dead ability by giving it a long wait time and limiting it to one corpse.
They still appear, they just don't do the above. My rebirth secret from way back on page one appears in worldgen if you turn down the amount of genned secrets or spam copies of it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2012, 10:38:41 pm »

Very potent sleeping syndrome, hurray! Puts even bronze colossi, forgotten beasts and whatnot into a comfy nap.

Very amusing watching armies of undead and necromancer colossi all snore away harmlessly in arena mode, thinking of making a somewhat less potent for use during dwarf mode.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »

Very potent sleeping syndrome, hurray! Puts even bronze colossi, forgotten beasts and whatnot into a comfy nap.

Very amusing watching armies of undead and necromancer colossi all snore away harmlessly in arena mode, thinking of making a somewhat less potent for use during dwarf mode.

So, not adding AFFECTED_CLASS (or is it SYN_AFFECTED) makes it affect EVERYONE?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28