Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139534 times)

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »

ok thx I drop the vermin altogether. In reaction with snail as a reagent:  it says it want a ' live snail', but than when I try to choose one it doesn't see that I have one in each hand, a few in a backpack and there is a swarm of snails right below me! ;] (snails form swarms? or was it a bug? hehe)
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »

SPELLZ

Prestidigitation: Cleans you off and makes you look like a million dorf bucks.  My favorite spell.  I laugh every time I use it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Polymorph Spells. The target cycles through a series of creature forms before returning to his original shape. Short duration, but a useful timeframe for adventure mode.  Best part: the end of the avian polymorph transforms you into a fleshball for one phase, so you can fall out of the sky without dying. 

And a vampire's disappearing trick. You turn into a bat in a puff of smoke.

If vermin transformations cause crashes in adventure mode, I might have to change these. 

EDIT:
And one more. Riffing off Monk12's idea of multiple targets in one reaction. "Polymorph mass." Basically, you select two ducks and one goose.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:10:43 pm by The Grackle »

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2012, 04:44:13 pm »

I have a few interactions I've been making while watching drives format.  I tested them out and most are functional, if unpolished.  Anybody is welcome to them.

The 'Transform to Scarecrow' spell requires the Scarecrow creature entries:

Spoiler: creature_inanimate_ff (click to show/hide)

edit:  updated interactions
Now I can resurrect that dog that I had as a companion from the enlightenment spell...;_;

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2012, 05:11:35 pm »

I have a few interactions I've made so far.  Most of them fairly primitive, but I'm starting to come up with better ones.

Custom creature animation for evil swamps: sentient creatures like dwarves can turn into bog mummies.  I'm working on more of these for other regions (e.g. classic embalmed mummies for deserts, frozen zombies for tundras, etc.)

Spoiler: The interaction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The creature itself (click to show/hide)

Here's a more complicated one, a secret that turns people into liches - much harder than a necromancer, since it's undead, can vanish and ambush you and inflict syndromes with black magic.

Spoiler: Source (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interactions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:18:55 pm by ydaraishy »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »

Oooh, fancy. I particularly like the regional one, as that nicely sidesteps the "everything resurrects forever" issue.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »

I have a few interactions I've been making while watching drives format.  I tested them out and most are functional, if unpolished.  Anybody is welcome to them.

Those all look pretty good.  One thing is for your luck spells:
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:150:START:0:END:55]
The PERC: is percentage of the base skill. So 100 is normal, 0 is always miss.  For high luck, you'd want 150 or something.
The PERC_ON is the percentage of time it is on.  Like, a mummy's curse is 20, so it affects one out of five phases.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 05:40:12 pm »

Nice set of interactions. A query though, how does Basilisk warning and freeze work? As far as I know, unless you did some black raw magickry I still don't understand yet, the creature will use one of the two reactions randomly, and as such, creatures have a chance to be frozen before the warning hits.

couldn't be a SOUND tag added to the creature for more warning possibility like this:
[SOUND:ALERT:100:1000:VOCALIZATION:bark:barks:a loud bark] (from cappybara)

on an unrelated subject ... those secrets do you need only to paste them in the raw directory in txt files to work rigth? (it does not seems to happen in legends to have other then necromancers :S even if i added Seth's secrets ...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:56:46 pm by Mohreb el Yasim »
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 06:47:00 pm »

Nice set of interactions. A query though, how does Basilisk warning and freeze work? As far as I know, unless you did some black raw magickry I still don't understand yet, the creature will use one of the two reactions randomly, and as such, creatures have a chance to be frozen before the warning hits.

couldn't be a SOUND tag added to the creature for more warning possibility like this:
[SOUND:ALERT:100:1000:VOCALIZATION:bark:barks:a loud bark] (from cappybara)

You could also give one a bigger range than the other. Although, I can't get interactions to respect range limits in  arena mode. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:48 pm »

I adore this thread. I'm starting now on a mod that will permit one to learn magic similar to how necromancy is learned. Anyone can learn the new spells as long as they have CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK.

I used Gizogin's ice spike spell and Lordinquisitor's fireball spell as tests, so props to them. They're grouped together for the moment.

Spoiler: The Test Interaction (click to show/hide)

Gizogin's material definition was also necessary.

That being said, they are pretty god damned powerful in their current state, from arena mode tests. The fireball is a 100% guarantee of becoming toast, and the ice spike breaks bones on impact. (didn't check to see if the syndrome was taking effect) They each require a 1 turn interval between uses.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »

Yeah, the numbers are screwy there- I didn't notice because I was implementing my own debuff. You want something more like CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:25:0 - it's percentage based, so that would cut the target's recuperation down to 1/4. It's a lot easier to test with AGILITY since you can get immediate, concrete numerical feedback.

I've hit a snag with the verbiage, however, as I'd like to be able to communicate the two different effects. Since the caster is counted as a target, he gets both the "You now suck" bit and the "You now rock" bit, even though only the latter is true.

Thanks monk, I adjusted the numbers there.  To get around the target verbs I just made a neutral 'glow' surround all of the targets - it wouldn't take much to differentiate the target from the drainer.

Those all look pretty good.  One thing is for your luck spells:
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:150:START:0:END:55]
The PERC: is percentage of the base skill. So 100 is normal, 0 is always miss.  For high luck, you'd want 150 or something.
The PERC_ON is the percentage of time it is on.  Like, a mummy's curse is 20, so it affects one out of five phases.

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed those in the post too.

You could also give one a bigger range than the other. Although, I can't get interactions to respect range limits in  arena mode. 

The basilisk effects appear to respect their range limits.  I put up a better version with less eerie-chime spam taking place after the fatal freezing.

Here's a more complicated one, a secret that turns people into liches - much harder than a necromancer, since it's undead, can vanish and ambush you and inflict syndromes with black magic.

I like it, and it's similar to the Lich I've been building.  Mind if I blend the two for my mod?  Here's the prototype:

Spoiler: Lich (click to show/hide)

Also, here is a Lightning Man made of lightning it can throw.

Spoiler: Lightning Man (click to show/hide)

That being said, they are pretty god damned powerful in their current state, from arena mode tests. The fireball is a 100% guarantee of becoming toast, and the ice spike breaks bones on impact. (didn't check to see if the syndrome was taking effect) They each require a 1 turn interval between uses.

Nice stuff - please share how the world-gens go, it'd be intriguing if you can get the secrets without the re-learning, goals or tag restrictions.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2012, 04:56:38 am »

I like the secrets system too much to stop. Have some enhanced necromancers.
They are better than normal necromancers, but they must still eat, drink and sleep. Here's what I have so far:

Secret:

Interaction:
Normal undead are 60% as fast as the normal creature, while greater undead are 90%. Neat, huh? They're also tougher and stronger than normal undead.

I need ideas.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:29:56 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2012, 08:12:49 am »

Im not sure It could be done, but is it possible to create a spell with a risk of backfiring? like a spell that when used has a small chance of giving you a syndrome such as bleeding eyes or some other supernatural creepy effects...

if this is impossible I would like a really destructive "Last resort" spell that will almost certainly kill the caster and everything within a few squares, prefferably in a bloody burning mess.

double points if it involves exploding heads.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2012, 10:38:32 am »

is it possible to create a spell with a risk of backfiring?
Haven't tried myself but:
Quote from: wiki
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
PROB:X
The probability of the effect actually manifesting in the victim, as a percentage. 100 means always, 1 means a 1 in 100 chance.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:51 pm »

I've been busy recently. I'm back in the world now. :P Index update tomorrow.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »

I don't know how to mod, but i haz a question: Can you make a spell that propels people? That would be awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28