Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found a sewer without any water  (Read 687 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Found a sewer without any water
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:16:52 am »

And TONS of animal men. Heck, I killed enough animal men there to recruit all soldiers in castle and few meatshield citizens on top. But when I later went to sewer in different town, it had water and had only skeletons of animal men. Any clue why?

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Found a sewer without any water
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:13 am »

None of the sewers I went to had any water, and they only had animal men skeletons, too. So yeah, random or something.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:36:03 am »

I found one with a "watering hole".  I save-scummed, jumped down, slaughtered a crap-ton of Olm people, and found out there's no way back out :O

FraaErasmus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:00:03 am »

Beware the sewers with water!  I have had lots of FUN in these fighting amphibian men.  While the froggies aren't such a threat themselves and are very enjoyable to dismember, I often find myself falling into the central canal and drowning while the amphibians (who are much more effective underwater) make a point of blocking my exit with spears and angry croaks.

NOT entering the water seems to be the most effective way to survive.  Upon entering a watery sewer (which tend to occur where the sewer meets the river), I recommend setting your dodge preferences (C) to "stand still" and then letting a few of your meatshields lead the attack.  You will likely lose a few of them to the depths, but that's what you have them for!  Also, it may help to have a swimming skill higher than novice...