Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deicide  (Read 784 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Deicide
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:15:47 am »

Anyone tried killing a deity yet? I found one in my local towns keep. Sadly there wasn't much information during legends, the only things about her were writing a slab and having that slab moved by a necromancer. When I attacked her, all of my companions turned on me. Luckily I was playing as a Bronze Colossus and killed them all. I was fighting the deity for a while, but I kept missing and she kept dodging so we went on for quite a while before I died.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: Deicide
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:18:26 am »

was it a clown posed as a deity, or was it the actuall human/dwarf god/goddess?
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:03:03 am »

was it a clown posed as a deity, or was it the actuall human/dwarf god/goddess?

Unless there were mods, it has to be latter, because even if they'll now curse people who profane them and leave slabs with the secrets of life and death in world gen, gods still don't exist as physical being in the game itself.

Toady mentioned how now the demons posing as gods will actually try to keep up their disguises when you encounter them.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:08 am »

Yeah, they are demons, heck, if you "look" at them, you even see their demon description along with their special ability.