Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The New Zombies  (Read 544 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
The New Zombies
« on: February 17, 2012, 12:39:19 am »

Well I went marching into an evil biome for the first time in the latest version. Fully armored in decorated iron armor, multiple layers as well, and great stats to go along with it.

Got my helm handed to my by a zombie kangaroo. Turns out they can put you in a joint lock with those little arms.

So how are you guys liking the new zombies?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Zombies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:24:08 am »

Zombie boars are pretty tough. Yetis and dingos are pushovers. Zombie bandits like to punch you in the skull...

They only get massively overpowered near the towers. There doesn't seem to be a limit to how hurt an enemy can be and still get raised by a necromancer, so the only thing you can do is basically kidnap corpses and throw them far away.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: The New Zombies
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 02:14:50 am »

they are tough, i've had two legendary adventurers get mauled by them, along with countless other newbie adventurers trying to steal the secrets to life and death. I've found that the best way to approach necromancer towers is with a full hit squad of companions (the maximum 20).. that puts the zombies in their place.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson