Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Vampire CSI  (Read 34728 times)

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire CSI
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:46 am »

I have not played with the new version yet, but I just wondered if they also feed on relatives?

Sorry if that has already been mentioned.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:00 am »

I have not played with the new version yet, but I just wondered if they also feed on relatives?

Sorry if that has already been mentioned.
Yep, when I made my vampire army and assigned them their own enclave the first thing they did was eat their wives and then tell on each other.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:52 am »

I just found my first vampire. I was going through the new migrants and this one dwarf had suspiciously good skills in too many areas. He's been a former member of 6 groups and was once a high assembly of The Sect of Zephyrs. His relationships list is empty, whereas the other migrants always have a long list of relatives. The year is 201, so every dwarf alive should have at least their parents listed there, right? He has just one deity listed there, the one that cursed him to be a vampire in 187.

I checked him in the legends mode, he was actually born in 105 and "He was of unknown parentage". He claims to be 82 years old. I have him locked up in a test chamber with a caged werepanda, waiting for the next full moon to do some !!science!!.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:46 am »

The year is 201, so every dwarf alive should have at least their parents listed there, right?

No not really. It's rare but I've had completely relationship-free immigrants in the year 204.

Weirdly enough they elected one of them as mayor. Not a vampire, no relatives, not a single friend, no skills, stupid as a goddamn brick and fragile as an elf.

I think they made a good choice. :D
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »

Strange episode with my first vampire: the captain went to punish him while the vamp was detailing a floor, and the vampire is now stuck detailing that floor. At least I don't have to worry anymore!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2012, 03:45:04 pm »

Well, my vampire got wounded and has been in the hospital for a while.  I was contemplating putting him in the militia and sending him to the caverns, and then close it up.  And have him explore until he gets himself killed.  Is that a good way to get ride of a vampire?

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2012, 06:20:52 pm »

(I'm guessing this is because of the BAC of dwarf blood.)

I believe you mean ABC sir.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Wolfechu

• Bay Watcher
  • Just zis guy, y'know?
    • View Profile
    • The Way Home
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2012, 08:04:49 pm »

Well, I got lucky with my first vampire. I was suspicious when he showed up and was incredibly proficient in just about every single skill. He was so good at interpersonal things that he was immediately made first mayor of Paintpants; he was also easily the best fighter that had shown up, so he went straight in my militia squad.

And there's the tip: If you have a suspicious dwarf, put them in a squad. That way they're spending ~80% of their time in the company of other dwarves. This silly bugger was daft enough to feed on someone in the barracks, in front of all his squadmates, and other dwarves. 4 witnesses, and now he's languishing in my jail. When he gets out, He'll have a new bedroom ready. One with 'features'.

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2012, 01:38:53 am »

Posted to wrong discussion.  Sorry
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:14:02 am by byrnsey »

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2012, 02:35:49 am »

I believe he meant blood-alcohol content, sir.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Razonatair

• Bay Watcher
  • Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2012, 02:55:36 am »

ABC, Alcohol-Blood Content  ;D Think about it.

Don57

• Bay Watcher
  • Commanding Fortresses Since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2012, 09:58:59 am »

Safe:
-Your starting 7 are always clean,

Not in my experience.  I embarked with a vampire in my initial group of seven dwarves.  He managed to kill three other dwarves and a bunch of animals before the first wave of migrants came.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »

I believe he meant blood-alcohol content, sir.
And I believe he meant alchohol-blood content. :P

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »

This artifact tells an interesting tale. There were no witnesses involved in this case.

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

wozit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2012, 05:27:42 pm »

Due to zombie siege mishaps, I now know of at least one vampire in my fortress. Generaly, how long do they go in between feeding? Is it constant across all vamp species or does it depend on the dwarf or the type?
I love the idea that large creatures should be modelled as cubes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9