Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Vampire CSI  (Read 34740 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire CSI
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »

so I've condenmed doren twice now, and he keeps getting let off w a lesser sentence.  How do I kill this guy.  He's struck twice now (second time their was a witness)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:52:24 pm by thistleknot »

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2012, 09:52:30 pm »

if you use Dwarf Therapist:

I gave a vampire custom nickname and profession(via DF *not* therapist), it shows up in Dwarf Therapist even if it is overridden by their false identity in DF.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 11:20:37 pm »

so I've condenmed doren twice now, and he keeps getting let off w a lesser sentence.  How do I kill this guy.  He's struck twice now (second time their was a witness)

1. imprison him
2. define the prison as his burrow
3. once he is released; lock the door.

you could lock the door before he is released and skip the burrow bit but ... it feels like people would try to free him and spam you with job cancellations.

Personally I got a vampire and drafted her. Put her in a small room and locked the door. She's been hanging out there for a little more than half a year now. I've decided to take useless dwarves and give them to her.
 Hey. No corpse, no bad thoughts, no tantrum spiral. Amirite? If I designate a garbage pit in there then the vamp will dump the corpse and clean up after herself so the next victim won't have a clue.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:09 pm »

1. imprison him

you could lock the door before he is released and skip the burrow bit but ... it feels like people would try to free him and spam you with job cancellations.

Personally I got a vampire and drafted her. Put her in a small room and locked the door. She's been hanging out there for a little more than half a year now. I've decided to take useless dwarves and give them to her.
 Hey. No corpse, no bad thoughts, no tantrum spiral. Amirite? If I designate a garbage pit in there then the vamp will dump the corpse and clean up after herself so the next victim won't have a clue.
Actually dwarves still sense the subtle changes in the cosmic beard when one of their friends dies, for bureaucratic purposes they can't report a dwarf as dead without a body. If you want to feed her without giving bad thoughts keep her in the military whenever she goes to feed station her and she'll back off while the guys still just pale.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2012, 11:28:37 pm »

1. imprison him

Actually dwarves still sense the subtle changes in the cosmic beard when one of their friends dies, for bureaucratic purposes they can't report a dwarf as dead without a body. If you want to feed her without giving bad thoughts keep her in the military whenever she goes to feed station her and she'll back off while the guys still just pale.

I don't want to feed the bloody thing. I want to kill off useless dwarves without their relatives throwing a fit about it.
I have an art blog now.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2012, 11:30:13 pm »

I don't want to feed the bloody thing. I want to kill off useless dwarves without their relatives throwing a fit about it.

No luck, they still know someone died.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2012, 11:37:04 pm »

No luck, they still know someone died.

bah ... I'll have to nip the bad migrants in the bud then. Before they get friends.
I have an art blog now.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

well, I got a dwarf with this;

does that mean he might be a vampire? or does that mean something else? the thing is, he is older than the world he was genned in.

I looked at his kill list, but its all animals and animal men.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Zanielyene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:14 am »

vampires cant suffocate, eh?

Well, the most obvious solution would simply be to flood your fort. Whichever dwarf is still alive after the ordeal is your vampire.

Zanielyene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 12:12:30 am »

does that mean he might be a vampire? or does that mean something else? the thing is, he is older than the world he was genned in.

>IS ONE OF THE FIRST OF HIS KIND

check to see if he founded any groups, if he didnt then that's your vamp

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 01:23:06 am »

>IS ONE OF THE FIRST OF HIS KIND

check to see if he founded any groups, if he didnt then that's your vamp

okay, thats weird, I didnt post this, but I guess ill edit it, I found my vamp and it wasnt this guy. it was another one who claimed to be 68. when he got to the fort he had no relatives at all, but he was near legendary in a couple skills. so I rolled the dice and dropped a mountain on top of him. after that, the killings stopped.

ah, i see what I did, I wrote my original response inside your quote XD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:44:29 am by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2012, 06:20:48 am »

okay, thats weird, I didnt post this, but I guess ill edit it, I found my vamp and it wasnt this guy. it was another one who claimed to be 68. when he got to the fort he had no relatives at all, but he was near legendary in a couple skills. so I rolled the dice and dropped a mountain on top of him. after that, the killings stopped.

ah, i see what I did, I wrote my original response inside your quote XD
You should have used a drowning chamber first, that way if he died you'd know you still had a killer on the loose but if he lived you'd know for sure.

Krythorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2012, 07:12:57 am »

I had a vamp 'sneak' in my second wave of 20+ migrants where I'd been a bit lax in sorting through them and checking their histories (He only had a paragraph of so of former places though if I had paid attention there was enough clues).

Only reason I identified him was he had a strange mood shortly afterwards, wanted bones which I failed to acquire (even after killing all the animals and mobilizing a squad to kill a few outside) and went insane. Oh well, I forgot about him, he was as good as dead. Then about 3 fortress years later I notice him running around naked and babbling madly in the dining hall.

So.. Yay. Immortal crazy person. This fort is going really well for such, since I also have a waterfall which the first few waves of merchants insisted on validating (Though only after trading and on their way out so it was never a high priority for me to fix) and left me with three ghosts I can't engrave memorials for.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2012, 07:16:21 am »

I had a vamp 'sneak' in my second wave of 20+ migrants where I'd been a bit lax in sorting through them and checking their histories (He only had a paragraph of so of former places though if I had paid attention there was enough clues).

Only reason I identified him was he had a strange mood shortly afterwards, wanted bones which I failed to acquire (even after killing all the animals and mobilizing a squad to kill a few outside) and went insane. Oh well, I forgot about him, he was as good as dead. Then about 3 fortress years later I notice him running around naked and babbling madly in the dining hall.

So.. Yay. Immortal crazy person. This fort is going really well for such, since I also have a waterfall which the first few waves of merchants insisted on validating (Though only after trading and on their way out so it was never a high priority for me to fix) and left me with three ghosts I can't engrave memorials for.
I never thought about that, if a vampire goes insane it's pretty much just insane. It would have been funnier if it had gone melancholy and tried to kill itself for all eternity.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2012, 07:46:22 am »

If you have a short history (+/- 100 years) I guess you could have one of the first dwarfs visiting you and that would explain the "first of his kind" thing
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9