Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Vampire CSI  (Read 34752 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire CSI
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »

Vampires won't drown, so you can process all migrants through a flooding trap room, set up to drain quickly after a second or two so no-one actually dies. Pause the game and see who isn't worried about the lack of air...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:03 pm »

Vampires won't drown, so you can process all migrants through a flooding trap room, set up to drain quickly after a second or two so no-one actually dies. Pause the game and see who isn't worried about the lack of air...
You can also break their necks and see if it kills them. It's not as easy or efficient but break their necks. 

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 10:33:03 pm »

Shouldn't be that hard to get booze to them without endangering your dwarves. Just seal them in a barracks/room. Put another room above it with a hole in the floor (call it a 'booze chute') marked as a garbage zone. When you need to give the toothy little buggers a drink to speed them up, just have your dwarves toss a couple of hundred booze down the chute, unforbid the booze once it lands on the next level down with the vampires, then go back to business as usual until you have to repeat the process.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 10:44:28 pm »

-Appears vampires don't suffocate, use this knowledge wisely.

It's a good thing I'm experienced at making drowning traps.

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 11:05:44 pm »

Can vampires ever be stopped before finishing the act if witnessed?  Or is draining instant?

I believe it is instant, so far they have been caught in the act, however the victim always seems to die.

I have a dwarf that has seemingly survived when a witness popped up.  It was Pale, now merely Faint.  But no one reported the vampire having done anything... Unless I just have to wait for the job to queue.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »

I assume booze haulers will be ok, as long as they don't fall asleep in the vampire nest.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »

If a vampire is hungry enough they will grab and drink from an awake dwarf.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 12:07:26 am »

Dang. I hope they like dog blood.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 12:15:16 am »

Has anyone tried throwing blood barrels down to them?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 12:16:26 am »

If a vampire is hungry enough they will grab and drink from an awake dwarf.

If this includes cheesemakers and nobles, there's a use for this.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 12:20:56 am »

My only vampire was a Dwarven law-giver of a human city who showed up as a diplomat. Nothing happened while he was there and the next year the humans had a new leader (who was then killed by goblins so they seiged me).

I had one weird death that I could figure out. In the middle of the dining room 2 dwarves got into a fight. Both were happy, one kicked the head of the other in. He was convicted with a dozen witnesses turning him in. The two dwarves were passing acquaintances.

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 01:17:30 am »

It appears that vampires never sleep, and so never claim a room.  Checking a suspect's holdings can help figure out who the vampire is.

I'm hoping the sheriff/hammerer will be revamped a bit to be a useful tag-team of investigation and execution of vampires in the future.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 04:25:49 am »

I think vampires should be sheriff/captain of the guard. Much more elegant that hammering to death. Just burrow them into the prison.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 04:56:20 am »

Dont vampires in adventure mode have tons of human leather/tooth stuff?
I'm not sure if they would bring this, but this is a neat guide, when magmawiki makes a new namespace, this should be copied over in some way or another.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 10:42:04 am »

Wait, I got it!  Make a bunch of cloth, dye it black, and make cloaks out of it.  Whoever starts hoarding black cloaks is obviously a vampire!
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9