Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247532 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Seven!
« Reply #765 on: February 14, 2013, 09:48:15 am »

Blast it and-argh.

Well. Isn't this convenient. On a horse's shoe, to be technical.

Bother this.

Try to...err, mentally...um. Use body language in trying to make the horse use its kicking skills to utilize my...squashed density on its...appendage for better striking power?

If that works - begin distracting the enemies.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Seven!
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2013, 03:43:47 am »

Snip
Doubt it. The story is nearing it's end, and so far nobody has died yet.

Euh... yeah. Sorry about that. The lack of death thing. I killed more priests in a non-combat game half the length of this.

TCM I will add you to the waitlist anyway. Added guest players are chosen by storyline relevance rather than order.

Also bump for Stevo and McCartney.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Special nearly-one-year anniversary present!
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:48 am »

Special nearly-one-year anniversary present!

I admit that it’s the kind of present that wouldn’t get you a great deal of specialcuddletime later that evening, but it’s the thought that counts.

I am especially ashamed of Steve Irwin and the Cat. I am also quite ashamed of Paul and Archimedes, and not really ashamed of Davy. Speaking of which, the portraits are all pre-adventure because I couldn’t do bandages.

edit: Gah, it stayed on one line in the preview.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:02:59 am by lawastooshort »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Special nearly-one-year anniversary present!
« Reply #768 on: February 17, 2013, 05:26:35 pm »

Paul McCartney was back in London. The heavy rain was flowing off the back of his mullet like a gutter made of fro'. Every step took him farther from Starr, farther from Harrison... farther from Lennon.

He didn't look back for fear of what he'd see. No, his last memory of the Beatles would be of a group of loving yet combat trained hippies. He didn't want to imagine the ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS had already won.

That all changed last time he saw Lennon. He KNEW he was the last Beatle now. But staring face-to-face with the prospect of a another ROBOT NAZI TROOPER brought an idea to his mind. Perhaps he could give the band one last chance.

Paul McCartney raised his guitar in the air, blinding any random passers-by.

: "Let me tell you how it'll be."

There's one of you and four of me
'Cos I'm a bad man, yeah, with a bad plan

Should my sequins appear too small
Be thankful you ain't seem them all

"BRING OUT THE BAND!"

If you swing too high, we'll smash your knees
If you try to run, we've faster feet
If it gets too cold, we'll bring the heat
If you rig the odds, that's fine, we'll cheat

Bad men!
'Cos we're the bad men, yeah we're the bad men!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:48:26 pm by freeformschooler »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 17, 2013, 10:46:48 pm »

"Robot Nazi Trooper. Was there ever any other choice?"

Go through the RNT door.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 08, 2013, 02:35:39 pm »

I take off the bandages and make this thread vomit itself back to life.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 08, 2013, 03:39:55 pm »

Sorry dudes. I've been very busy with work and home and the little spare time I've had I've frittered away reading and stuff.

I'll do my utmost to respond to the terrible retching as soon as I can. I was going to give a day, but then I realised it would be either before Monday, or after Monday, which was a bit vague. I also got a bit distracted with writing

wait - if I don't delete that the sentence I just deleted would be a spoiler.

I'll do it as soon as I can.

ps. thanks for the bump.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: A Shameful Display!
« Reply #772 on: March 08, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

Thanks for hosting!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: RETCHED INTO LIFE!
« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2013, 04:46:16 pm »

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN EIGHT!

In a London far, far away...

McCartney runs.

He runs down the dark alley, the rain pouring down his sleek black and white mullet like a gutter made of pure 60s, every fleeing step taking him further – further from his soulbrothers... further from his comrades in rock and roll... further from Starr, from Harrison, from Lennon.

Although their last words burn in his ears, he doesn't look back. Loving yet fully combat trained hippies, that's what his last memory of his bros is going to be, not the gruesome mindwrenching horror of three brave handsome young men ripped limb from limb by ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS in a miserable London back alley.

No.

And if he turns back and lets them catch him, well, shit. He'd be dishonouring their sacrifice. And he'd be breaking his pledge! He's sworn on their lives.

”Save the fecking music, man!” yelled Lennon, ”Arrrrrggg!”

”I will dudes! I will! I swear-ARGGGGGGGGGGH! STEVE IRWIN! What the shit are you doing here, bro?! Are you even born yet?”

Suddenly Stevo totally destroys Paul McCartney's nostalgic dreamtrip, and totally barges right past, smashing headfirst through the steel door marked in a strange DinoNazish symbol that seems to suggest...

”OH SHIT! ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS, COMRADES! FORM UP ON ME DUDES! THE BEATLES WILL HAVE THEIR FINAL REVENGE!”

As Paul mounts onto the nearby stage and the lights flood down, the three bowienauts and bowiecat catch a horrible glimpse – a horrible glimpse of Steve Irwin, surrounded in the next room by a dozen frothing ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS!

"Dudes,” interrupts Davy Crockett in a steadily trotting circular motion, ”My face! My face! Hold them off while I fix this hideous bleeding!"

”Miaoww?”

"By... er... I dunno, distract them, Schro-cat!”

”Miaowwwww...”

"Yeah! Let's do this! Wait, the bleeding...”

Ahead through the headcrushed steel door, Stevo stops a second in the swirling NAZI ROBOT TROOPER MELEE, turning back to wonder if he has just seen what he thinks he's just seen.

He has!

”Aw man, what the hell boet? Like... ewww...”

The bowienauts watch in horrified silence as Davy Crockett rubs himself all over with severed Mexican limbs whilst being carried in circles in the mouth of Archimedes' faithful steed!

...It does nothing for the bleeding!

"Blast... I feel... like I'm bleeding or something... Arg... Perhaps...”

”Er...” continues the relentless McCartney. "Let me tell you how it'll be, comrades!"

He swirls his guitar dramatically in the air, temporarily blinding Archimedes Two, who thereby suddenly remembers he's on fire!

...Archimedes Two entirely fails to do anything with his newly remembered knowledge!

”There's one of you and four of me

Should my sequins appear too small
Be thankful you ain't seem them all
'Cos I'm a bad man, yeah, with a bad plan”

”Broer! You're on fire dude!” realises Archimedes One. ”Catch this!”

Archimedes One sprays Archimedes Two with water from his elemental medical arm!

It totally works!

Just then a ROBOT NAZI TROOPER storms through the doorway, diving headfirst through the air towards Paul, aiming a ROBOT NAZI HEADBUTT right in his face!

...But the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER bounces off one of the many sequins! He tumbles to the floor in a daze!

”Try to headbutt me and I'll beat your head!
Take on Steve and you'll soon be dead!
Davy Crockett'll fill you full of lead!
The Archies'll make you wish you'd fled!

Bad men!

We're pretty bad men! Yeah, yeah, yeah, bad men!”

In the vanguard room of ROBOT NAZI TROOPER DEATH, Steve Irwin is surrounded! There's a ROBOT NAZI TROOPER to the left of him! There's a ROBOT NAZI TROOPER to the right of him! THERE'S ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS LITERALLY ON EVERY SIDE – because he's surrounded! He just opened that door TOO HARD, MAN!

He spits in the dust like John Wayne.

”Shit, bra,” he mutters. ”You'se all gonna see some Aussie Wrestling, ROBOT NAZI mates!”

But just as he finishes, ROBOT NAZI TROOPER ONE jerks forward in a ROBOTY NAZIY kind of movement, and busts out a ROBOT NAZI UPPERCUT towards Stevo's chin!

”Yeah! Like this!”

...The ROBOT NAZI ATTACK is so clumsy that Stevo sidesteps, flicks the ROBOT NAZI into the air with a masterful Australian wrestling trick, catches the fiend by his toes in mid-fall, and snaps his ROBOT NAZI SPINE across his outbent knee!

”That's what I'm talking about, ROBOT SCUM! Crikey mate!”

”If you swing too high, we'll smash your knees
If you try to run, we've faster feet
If it gets too cold, we'll bring the heat
If you rig the odds, that's fine, we'll cheat

Bad men!

'Cos we're the bad men, yeah we're the bad men!”

In the dust and chaos of violent ROBOT NAZI COMBAT a second ROBOT NAZI steps forward to Steve Irwin, lithely leaping out to kick him right in the balls!

...But the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER is an incompetently programmed fool, stumbling right through where Stevo stood just a millisecond before and crashing into the ROBOT NAZI behind the Pro-Australian, preventing him from unleashing a vicious ROBOT NAZI KARATE CHOP!

There's only one foe left in position to strike at Stevo – and suddenly Schrödinger’s cat rushes forward, hoping to er... the um...  distract the ah...

The fourth TROOPER punches Stevo right in the jaw, ...miraculously causing no damage at all!

”Yeah!” vents Stevo. ”Feel the power of my Australian skin, mates! Crikey!”

”Come and ask what ol' Ringo's for,
He'll smash your brains out onto the floor,
'Cos he's a bad man, yeah, yeah, yeah, a bad man...

Now my advice if you don't want to die,
Beware the death rays in Lennon's eye,
'Cos he's a bad man, yeah, yeah, yeah, a bad man...

What about poor George you say?
Well he'll shoot you down if you run away,
'Cos he's a bad man, yeah, yeah, yeah, a bad man...”

Suddenly the sky splits dramatically apart, but the bowienauts don't see it, because they're underground!

Then, from the very thin air itself, three iridescent forms materialise on the stage around McCartney.

They're being beamed in from another reality on waves of nanosequins!

McCartney plays on, ripping into the famous solo!

”And on drums...” he shouts into the mic, ”Level Five Beatle Barbarian, RINGO STARRRRRR!”

He twangles away on his musical sequinstrument.

”And on the left side guitar,” he stoops once again to announce, ”Level Five Beatle Deathmage, JO-HNNN LENNONNNN!!”

McCartney doesn't stop playing, surveying the futile attempts of the ROBOT NAZIS to wreak havoc as he builds to a hard pop climax.

”And joining me on the right side guitar,” he triumphantly wails, ”Level Five Beatle Guitar Slinger, GEORGE HARRISONNNNNNN!!”

The stage erupts in a frenzy of guitar as Ringo steps momentarily away from his drum set to stab the fallen NAZI TROOPER right through the skull with his drumsticks!

”Booyah!”

Suddenly Archimedes' horse quite spoils the moment by panicking at the sound of the raucous guitar music and stampeding off towards the doorway, crushing Schrödinger's Cat to death under his hooves of fury!

Death Acquired: Schrödinger's Cat: Crushed to Death!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Paul: +3 Beatle Bonus
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: RETCHED INTO LIFE!
« Reply #774 on: March 15, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »

Suddenly the sky splits dramatically apart, but the bowienauts don't see it, because they're underground!

I laughed pretty good there. And hooray this is alive and retching!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 15, 2013, 05:04:53 pm »

((For comedic purposes, you make even reviving funny XD

Post coming later.
))

Poor chap. Must've undergone equinophobia once. Huh.

Not a good way to go. Crushed under his own fears. Pretty original though.

Schrödinger’s Cat
moved up by the squished remains - pretty much censored akin to comedic drama from the hooves - and peered closely at them, then at the horse which was in still-motion.

Yes, yes. Interesting. Shock and Awe causes trouble. Much trouble for the poor kitty.

The cat moved back to where its doppleganger was precluding its gruesome fate.

Alright, let's do this again.

Quantum Fur Ball > a clustered Nazi Trooper!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:44:43 am by Tiruin »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 16, 2013, 12:42:17 am »

((Perfect. I was nearly off my chair by "nanosequins." Post coming later.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 19, 2013, 09:41:07 pm »

"Tarnation!  Why can I not shove these limbs in my face like in times long ago!  Lumithos, I need your aid!"

FIRE THE WHITE SPEEDO at the biggest group of ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS.

Also, my Texas effect didn't decrement its timer.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 20, 2013, 08:17:50 am »

((Awesome. Now, let's tune this up to eleven.))

Archimedes 1/2: Multiply this squared.

Estimated chance of failuresucces 4%*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 23, 2013, 06:18:59 am »

((I think Talarion is busy? :P))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60