Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247498 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Five!
« Reply #750 on: January 24, 2013, 09:46:54 am »

The bile raised in Crockett's throat.  This Evil Lincoln was good.  The pain, the gnawing doubt, the fear, loathing, disgust at the democratic process gone wrong... ugh.  It made him sick, and Crockett knew sick.

He couldn't stand for this, and a longing for Texas was already rising from his loins.  He knew his resolve was fading fast; he could feel his feet wanting to shuffle Texasward.  Boone looked up at him, a curious look on his scaly face- their bond was so strong that he was feeling it deep in his reptilian soul as well.  The thought was a bit calming, but it... the urge... kept his attention.

But Crockett had spoken with Bowie about this.  He had learned a trick.

"Mr. Lincoln... it is time you learned...

He raised his gun-arm.

"GERRYMANDERING!"

Fire a salvo of HE grenades at the Mexicans to even the vote count up a bit!  Start moving in the direction of Texas if necessary.

If their arms are up, they're not pointing their guns...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 24, 2013, 12:52:00 pm »

Seems we have to multiply our advantage. After all, nobody said a vote should be fair.

Multiply this*2, Also, Archi one fixes up any wounded*, while Archi 2 does a Laser assisted charge. On his horse.**

*If these wounded are enemies, he will then proceed to knock them out

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:02 am »

Wrestle the arms of every single crocodile in the croco-doom-ball upwards in a vote of 'Nay'.

"Crikey... Crocs have hands too... kinda, mate!"
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 26, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

Paul McCartney, hopping off the croc ball, saw the terrifying faux-democratic showdown playing out between Crockett and Evil Lincoln.

"NAY! Bugger to you, sir! I the witness find Crockett not guilty." Paul McCartney raises his hand toward the sky - the ceiling - pointing a dramatic finger. "But! As retribution for false and slanderous accusations, I sentence you to a punishment of-"

The audience gasps!

"-ONE THOUSAND WARTY SWAMP FROGS!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:08 am »

Oh drat. Democracy calls once more. Drat. Loopholes and gravity.

The Schrödinger Cat was somewhere in the same vicinity as Evil Lincoln, but it wasn't sure where exactly it was in relation to the current timeframe and space. It knew it flew over the man's shoulder, but...this was beginning to become a problem.

Granted, it tipped its spectacles as it decided one thing to do.

Cough a furball in the opposite direction of where I was thrown! It will surely not miss Evil Lincoln!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Six!
« Reply #755 on: January 30, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN SIX!

Fire a salvo of HE grenades at the Mexicans to even the vote count up a bit!  Start moving in the direction of Texas if necessary.

Is this a longing for Texas rising in Crockett’s loins? Or is he just pleased to see Evil Lincol-

Hell no! It’s a longing for Texas! A loathing of these Washingtonian Shenanigans!

The bile rises in Davy Crockett’s throat, seeping up and moistening the bandages protecting everyone from the horrible sight within.

"You dirty rotten...”

The pain, the gnawing doubt, the fear, loathing, disgust at the democratic process gone wrong... so wrong... ugh. It’s worse than his own repugnant face.

He feels the urge to shuffle Texasward growing deep within him; even Boone feels restless, looks up, sees the pain in Davy’s eyes, let’s out an unexpected groan of compassion.

Davy Crockett looks from Evil Lincoln to the Mexicans to his companions. His soul is comforted by the many freedom-loving hands he sees shoot into the air in his support. Democracy may be subverted, but its spirit will never die! Davy is suddenly reminded of Bowie’s softly whispered words back in the bowiepod.

”Dude,” said Bowie. ”This is some pretty strong stuff, man... Whoa...”

Hmm... Maybe that's not entirely pertinent, thinks Davy. Maybe... CRIKEY! I HAVE IT, BY JOVE! I HAVE IT!

He stares deep into Evil Lincoln’s eyes.

He quietly cocks back his automatic turret cannon.

"Mr. Lincoln...” he says, calm as you like. "It is time you learned...”

He raises his gun-arm towards the Mexicans.

"GERRYMANDERING!"

There’s a hollow click.

"Oh, bugger."

Multiply this*2, Also, Archi one fixes up any wounded*, while Archi 2 does a Laser assisted charge. On his horse.**

The awkward silence is broken by some incomprehensible chanting as Archimedes and Archimedes step forward, seeming to tai-chi shadow box with the air in front of them. Absolutely nothing happens until one of the Archimedes thrusts his finger into the air.

”Eureka! AHA!”

A bolt of maths shoots from his erect finger, flying towards the ceiling before bouncing down and exploding in a burst all over the band of Mexicans.

”ARCHIMEDES! BLOODY HELL!”

”Bother. Sorry. I’ll erm…”

”No, you just stay here and I’ll- Oh, bother. ARCHIMEDES! COME BACK!”

Archimedes lifts up his dress, bares his crotch, and spurs his horse, charging into the horde of Mexicans!

Concentrating the enormous power of the sun via his groin-warmed leg-mounted mirror-laser array, he sends a burst of pure fire directly at his political opponents!

They explode into a ball of flame!

Six of the Mexicans fling themselves out of the way, but four are sizzled to a crisp!

Archimedes charges on, into the ball of flame, before leaping off his horse into the centre of the inferno!

He lands with a sickening crunch and immediately his dress catches on fire!

Bother!

Wound Acquired: Archimedes of Syracuse: Broken Leg!

Flames Acquired: Archimedes of Syracuse: Burning Dress!

Archimedes rushes forwards to heal Archimedes, but the flames are too great, and he can’t get to him!

At least the horse is ok!

Cough a furball in the opposite direction of where I was thrown! It will surely not miss Evil Lincoln!

A short distance away, Schrödinger’s Cat is confused. Where is it? Why is Evil Lincoln? And when are they? He peers over the top of his spectacles to cast a little light on the situation, and suddenly he chokes!

He doubles up in a fit of relentless furball throat-tickling, and then spews out a miniature black hole of horrible furry vortexness!

It spurts through the semi-dark, and all of a sudden Evil Lincoln’s guts disappear!

Blood pours forth!

Wound Acquired: Evil Lincoln: Black Holed Guts!

Paul McCartney, hopping off the croc ball, saw the terrifying faux-democratic showdown playing out between Crockett and Evil Lincoln…

Riding up on the crocball, Paul McCartney hops off to see a flaming Archimedes illuminating a terrifying faux-democratic showdown between Davy Crockett, edging slowly towards Texas whilst looking quizzically into his arm-gun, and a literally gutless Evil Lincoln.

"NAY! Bugger to you, sir! I the witness find Crockett not guilty!"

Paul McCartney raises his hand toward the sky - the ceiling - pointing a dramatic finger.

"But! As retribution for false and slanderous democratisations, I sentence you to a punishment of-"

Suddenly the half dozen Mexicans who avoided the terrible flames gasp!

"-ONE THOUSAND WARTY SWAMP FROGS!"

As McCartney jabs his finger into the air, nigh on four or five soggy wet frogs materialise, and drop from the ceiling above!

They fall on Evil Lincoln!

One touches his face a bit!

”Ewwwww!”

Wrestle the arms of every single crocodile in the croco-doom-ball upwards in a vote of 'Nay'.

"Crikey..!" also gasps Steve Irwin, stepping off his ride.

"Well I’ll be damned! You know what? Well... Crocs have hands too... kinda, mate! And… feelings?"

Without hesitation, Stevo throws himself back onto his ball of crocs, mate, and totally starts wrestling their arms upwards into a startling show of democratic resistance!

...But they fight back! They’re feisty little buggers! And pretty much staunchly pro-Nazi, mate!

”HOHOHOHO!” bellows Evil Lincoln. ”You can’t beat me, Evil Lincoln, with frogs and crocodiles and burning dressmen! NO! You can’t- OI! CROCKETT! PAY ATTENTION! I'M TRYING TO DO SOME EVIL GLOATING!”

Davy Crockett is still staring into his arm-gun, quizzically, and bemoaning his lack of hands with which to fix it or, indeed, to vote.

Suddenly he fixes his gun!

He totally fixes it in his face!

And now his face is broken!

…Or, you know, brokener?

Wound Acquired: Davy Crokett: Broken Face!

As the blood pours from his precious… face-area, Davy Crockett edges slowly Texasward, to the left of the map and away from his companions.

”HOHOHOHOHO!” continues Evil Lincoln. ”You have lost, Crockett! You can’t beat me with guns, or rhetoric,” he says, bending down to pick up one of the frogs that has just bounced off his face. ”Or fro-aarrrggggg!”

The frog bites off Evil Lincoln’s arm!

”YOU BASTARD!” cries Evil Lincoln, flinging the frog towards the far wall in anger and disgust. ”MY ARM! OH SHIT, MY ARM!” he adds, realising his arm is still in the frog’s jaw. ”MEXICANS,” he commands, ”ATTACKKKKKKKKKK!”

One-Armed Evil Lincoln and the Six Mexicans advance!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Mexicans have a +1 maths melee attack bonus.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Six!
« Reply #756 on: January 30, 2013, 03:44:35 pm »

((It's all good.  I felt my RP hadn't been up to snuff lately here, so such a turn deserved some A-game writing.  An epic speech followed by epic failure really fits in the spirit of this game, anyway!  Plus, like you said, breaking it would hardly render it unusable.))

"Damn and blast, that smarts!"

He couldn't fight it any more.  The urge had him.  He had to move.  But he could at least try to help while moving.

Advance toward Texas backwards while still facing the battle!  Fire some HE rounds at the enemies!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 01, 2013, 04:13:39 am »

"Crikey! Bugger it all!"

Throw the croco-ball at Evil Lincoln and the Mexicans.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 01, 2013, 11:29:17 am »

Rp later

((Don't let me down, horse))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 02, 2013, 09:01:49 pm »

Mexicans attacking the others.

Mexicans along with Lincoln.

They're armed.

My friends are in danger.

Hmm.

Schrodinger's Cat decides to at least harry those Mexicans attacking the others! Either working to...

> Act as a moving furry trip wire.
> Leaping off some higher altitude area and hitting Lincoln or any of his lackeys from gravitational pull and trajectory motion.
> Try to stop Davy Crockett from moving towards Texas by configuring the science of quantum topography.

All depending on whether I think I'm in the right position or not.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 06, 2013, 03:38:45 am »

Right, a week's enough - if I get time I will update this today, and if I don't I'll try tomorrow.

Anyone want to suggest an action for Paul McCartney?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Seven!
« Reply #761 on: February 13, 2013, 05:18:40 pm »

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN SEVEN!

He couldn't fight it any more.  The urge had him.  He had to move.  But he could at least try to help while moving.

Advance toward Texas backwards while still facing the battle!  Fire some HE rounds at the enemies!

"Damn and blast, that smarts!" shouts Davy Crockett, slightly worried his precious face might be improved if it gets broken any more.

"To Texas and Freedom, friends! Follow me!"

Facing the horde of Mexicans and Lincolns, he steps grudgingly but somehow lovingly backwards, towards a hitherto unnoticed door that opens to the west of the room.

"No! I mean bother! Don’t follow me! No! Do! I… er…!"

Archimedes 1:  Go help Crocket

Archimedes 2: Fire the medical water arm straight downward, hopefully dousing and or healing myself.

The horse: Pick up Crocket, and drag him back to the other side of the room. Make sure that in his own reference frame, he's still going to Texas (Just at a negative velocity, but eh).  That way we can keep him locked in a towards Texas loop thingy

Archimedes strolls over, leading a horse in a desperate attempt to confuse things.

"Son, I am here to help!" he says, almost convincingly.

"Climb on!"

But just then the horse breaks free of Archimedes’ casually held reins, picks Davy Crockett up in his great manly jaws, and gallops away to the other side of the room! Galloping round and round the Mexicans, he twirls Crockett about between his teeth, keeping him permanently somehow heading Texaswards!

"Arg!" shouts Crockett, enjoying himself on some deep and unknowable level.

"What in the name of Moses is happening?"

"I don’t know!" screams the other Archimedes, deliriously on fire on the floor, his leg bent at a rather unpleasant looking angle.

"But I’m on bloody fire!"

Aiming directly at the floor, this Archimedes shoots an almost endless stream of tinder-dry bandages out of his arm.

"Bugger."

The pile of bandages burst aflame!

"Ouch."

Archimedes is very much on fire!

More Flames Acquired: Archimedes: On Fire!

Schrodinger's Cat decides to at least harry those Mexicans attacking the others! Either working to...

> Act as a moving furry trip wire.
> Leaping off some higher altitude area and hitting Lincoln or any of his lackeys from gravitational pull and trajectory motion.
> Try to stop Davy Crockett from moving towards Texas by configuring the science of quantum topography.

All depending on whether I think I'm in the right position or not.

”Am,” wonders Schrödinger’s Cat, ”I in the right position or not?”

He sits down very briefly to lick a paw before coming to a firm conclusion.

”Miaow.”

At the very same moment that one Schrödinger’s Cat leaps into the air flailing desperately towards the nearest high altitude object, another cat splits off like some kind of quantum theory that I don’t entirely understand and dashes towards the nearest wall, hoping somehow to reconfigure the wall’s quantum topography.

He stares, blinking, at the wall until suddenly the first cat bounces off it, still desperately flailing as it slides down the wall and crashes onto the second cat’s head.

They merge, bafflingly, and become one cat again, just in time to watch a third cat shoot out of the quantum catomic particle towards the horde of Mexicans.

”Miaowww!!!” roars his ferocious warcry.

Paul McCartney stops what he’s doing and stands and stares and points.

”My  God! He’s going to save Crockett by acting as some kind of moving furry trip wire!”

There’s a horrible crunch as Archimedes’ horse, still madly circling the Mexicans, treads on him.

”Oh! Crikey mate! Nobody likes to see that kind of thing!”

Death Acquired: Schrödinger’s Cat: Death

Quote from: The Spirit of Paul McCartney
Anything not involving running around in a circle screaming, self-immolation, or nudity.

At this horrifying sight, Paul McCartney retreats to a corner of the room, trying with all his might not to scream, run about in a circle waving his arms, set himself on fire, or rip his clothes off.

He tugs forlornly at a sock, but just about manages to control his inner urges.

”YEEHA!”

Evil Lincoln knows all about inner urges. Tearing open his shirt and leaving the rest to your imagination, he triumphantly runs over to the burning Archimedes, draws a revolver from inside his long leather jacket, and shoots himself in the foot.

”Darn! Ouch!” he cries, hopping. ”Loyal Mexicans, ATTACK!”

The Mexicans charge forward to take on the horse-mounted Crockett, with one breaking off to join with Evil Lincoln and shoot the burning Archimedes.

The Mexican raises his rifle at the Greek’s head!

But Steve Irwin comes to the rescue!

Throw the croco-ball at Evil Lincoln and the Mexicans.

"Crikey! Bugger it all!" commands the crude Australian Irwin, going completely and luckily unheeded.

He nevertheless picks up the six foot wide ball of croc, leans back slightly, and bowls it like a cricket ball right at the Mexican’s face.

It’s more than big enough to hit both Evil Lincoln and the Mexican! Evil Lincoln is entirely devoured! The Mexican manages to throw himself out of the way but, seeing his Evil Master disappear in a large ball of crocodile, he panics and runs.

The flight is contagious, and his remaining compatriots join him in running towards and out the right hand door at the back of the room.

Davy, having just gotten all pumped up, lets loose a blast of high explosive anyway, cutting down two as he continues trapped in the horse’s jaws, whinnying round and round in a circle.

”For the Alamo!” he cries. ”Now bloody well put me down!”

”But Davy!” says Archimedes. ”This is the only way to keep you travelling with negative velocity towards Texas! Look!”

At this Archimedes points to the door mentioned at the beginning of the turn.

”Since you got stuck in the horse the door to Texas has vanished! It can only be interpreted as a sign! Davy, you must stay in the horse’s mouth!”

”What?”

”Hush, Davy. Look, before us there lies, once again, a choice of doors.”

He walks forward to examine the doors closely.

Suddenly he stops, kneeling to the ground. He picks something up. It seems to be a sequin-coloured rhomboid of very thin metal, about the size of his hand.

”I say. Is this...  is this a piece of the Holy Shuriken of Bowie? But what does it here? Such things were prophesised by the Athenians, but I never thought…”

His voice trails off.

”You never thought what, Archy?”

”Hmm? What? Sorry… completely distracted. I was wondering why those Mexicans were so easy to disperse. Too easy. I don’t like it. Now, these doors. A left door, and a right door.”

With one hand he points to the left.

And with the other, to the right.

”It occurs to me, Davy,” says Archimedes, thoughtfully, ”That with your exuberant blowing up of the wall we may have confounded whatever evil plan there is that was put in place to trap us. Where there would have been one door revealed, there are now two. Now, let us think. We must decode the messages hidden in these cryptic images, or face certain annihilation! Do we take the door of the microphone? Or the door of the robot?”

”The door... Oh shit,” swears Paul. ”That's not a robot... that's a ROBOT NAZI TROOPER...”

”So... technically a robot?”

Paul is far too gone in horrifying memory to respond to Archimedes' pedantry. He's back on that rainy summer evening. Back in 1963.

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Turn Seven!
« Reply #762 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »

"I say we use the same plan as last time, since it worked so well.  But let me fix this bleeding first!"

Collect arms and legs of dead Mexicans and stuff them all in my face to stop the bleeding.  Also attach any spares whereever they'll fit.

While still heading to Texas on the horse-effect.  Have teammates collect limbs as required.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »

I have no clue if I can get in at this point, but oh well.

Name: Tupac Shakur
Inventory: Semi-automatic Glock
Biography: In the midst of the great American costal wars, Tupac was enlisted by Bowie to fend for America's democratic patriotic freedoms. And why not? As a trigger-happy, ultra-materialist gangster, Tupac was a paragon of the true US'ian capitalist. Leaving his "Death Row" council in charge of his position during his leave, Tupac heads out to fight so that he can continue leading life indulging in the wholesome consumption of marijuana and vaginas.

Advantages:
Thug Life!: As a natural and veteran gangster, Tupac is an expert in the area of hood survival, accomplishing feats such as accurate shooting even through a side-gripped pistol, to inimidating any adversary honkies with his fierce demeanor and ability to pick up loads of Caucasian women.
Rap Master: Tupac has achieved supremacy in the field of modern poetic rap, allowing him to belt out rhythms, rhymes, metaphors and allegories to powerful, and perhaps even mystical, effects.

Disadvantages:
Marked by the East Coast: It's no suprise that the king of the West Coast is hated by everyone on the opposite side of the country. And by eveyone, that means everyone. The hoodlums, cab drivers and elderly landlord Jews of New York. The rednecks of rural South Carolina and Georgia. The retirees and immigrants of Florida. Tupac shouldn't have a major problem, unless somehow the East Coast is able to find him on his Bowie-ful adventure...

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 14, 2013, 09:05:06 am »

Snip
Doubt it. The story is nearing it's end, and so far nobody has died yet.

Anyway:

Archimedes 2: Subtract fire from self (Cryo useally isn't fatal, so we have that)
Archimedes 1: Fire medical water arm at Archimedes 2

Horse: I dunno, do something usefull.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60