Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247517 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Assault on the DinoNest: Prologue!
« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2012, 03:25:24 am »

The Quantum Cat begins to purr, moving up to Davie's other human, non-reptilian leg and rests on his foot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: CHAPTER FIVE: BOWIENAUTS VS DINOHITLER
« Reply #706 on: December 20, 2012, 06:19:11 am »

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: PROLOGUE PART II

The Bowiepod Medical Bay, Space

”…ready?”

”YEAH!”

”YEAH!”

”Yep, let’s go lads!”

”Hoorah!”

”Miaow!

”No! Crikey, mates! I’m not bloody ready, I just remembered something!”

”What did you remember, Stevo?”

”Crikey, I just bloody remembered I don’t like crocs! I bleedin’ hate ‘em, mate! I can’t abide the vicious critters! I’ve just remembered what they did to my dear grandma, the poor fella!”

”Do you really hate them, Stevo?”

”Phwoar, Christ, yeah, mate! I really do!”

”Do you hate them so much you think you could make them explode merely with the power of your mind, Stevo?”

”Oh yeah mate, I totally do! Crikey!”

”You see, Stevo, by exploring our minds, we totally unlock their awesome powers, dude!”

”Crikey mate!”

”Miaow!

THE MAGNIFICENT TIMELORD, CHAPTER FIVE: THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN ZERO!

The DinoNest Approach East

As the Bowiecopter swoops in to the LZ, the waiting bowienauts peer out of the window at the carnage below.

The Eastern approaches to the DinoNest are writhing in deadly bursts of machine gun fire and trails of rocket smoke!

”Blimey mates, Hugh’s down there! Marcus, switch the bowiecopter speaker to comms!”

”Roger! Uuhuhuhuh!”

”Hugh! Can you hear me Major Hugh?! Are you ok, mate? Do you need any help?!”

”No no! Perfectly o- I SAY, WOULD YOU STOP FIRING THOSE BLOODY MACHINE GUNS FOR ONE MINUTE AND LISTEN TO ME! No, sorry, what was I saying? No, I’m ok, just taking out this here generator to stop those blasted minigun turrets guarding the front entrance for you, what! Bloody hell, I… er… the… I SAY, DO YOU MIND AWFULLY? WHY, THANK YOU, Sorry, bloody DinoNazis! Already bloody interrupting. No sense of decorum, what. HERE, TAKE THIS. YES, TAKE IT IN YOUR FACE. Sorry chaps, bloody DinoNazi wanted me to shoot him a bit. Anyway, what? NO NO, YOU GO FIRST DEAR CHAP. COME ON, QUEUE IN AN ORDERLY FASHION PLEASE, EH? OH, WHOOPS. TERRIBLY SORRY, I SEEM TO HAVE HAD A SLIGHT ACCIDENT AND REMOVED YOUR HEAD. I’M AFRAID I CAN’T PROMISE IT WON’T HAPPEN AGAIN. Anyway. Right. Yes, I’ve taken the generators for the minigun turrets offline, this should give you about three turns to fight your way in before they rip you to shreds! Best of luck chaps!”

”Crikey!”

The DinoNest Approach Central

The bowiecopter zooms into the centre of the battlefield. A dozen minigun turrets whir and fire streams of molten nazi metal at the craft as it comes in, but suddenly they stop firing! The guns fall silent!

The bowiecopter touches down, and the bowienauts rush out, straight into the fight! They immediately come under fire from two DinoBunkers on either side of the apparently hideously armoured front doors!

The DinoNazis inside appear to be freakishly accurate shots! Machine gun fire shoots out and suddenly bowienaut blood flies through the air!

There’s a horrible squealing squawking sound and Schrödinger’s Cat is blasted into the air. He falls down dead!

Wound Acquired: Schrödinger’s Cat: DEATH

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Very Heavy Right Arm Bleeding!

Suddenly a hatch opens in the ground about 20 metres from the bowienauts, and a dozen crocodiles rush out towards the bowienauts!

With one last puff of his cigar, Marcus Aurelius lifts the bowiecopter into the air and flies away, the ship’s heavy machine guns pounding the battlefield as it goes.

”Spread out chaps! Spread out and take cover!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:21:36 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Bowienauts vs DinoHITLER
« Reply #707 on: December 20, 2012, 11:01:04 am »

"Mrrreaa?"

The Quantum Cat lifted its head from the dusty soil, curious at the sudden interruption of leather boot relaxation time. Now, it wasn't the horrible noise rising far above it, or the other horrible noise from far around them, but the sight of a reptilian - a croc just like the other one on Davy's foot - which raised its ire.

It poked the other cat next to it, somewhat similar to itself, which in turn nudged the other cat next to it as the trio began their silent coordination, complete with complimentary hissing, extension of claws and the baring of teeth.

{Master of Uncertainty}

If possible, STRIKE AT THE ENEMY! CHARGE!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 20, 2012, 11:19:35 am »

"Gentlemen, you may wish to avert your eyes..." says Crockett, as he reaches upwards...

Unleash the horror of the Triplearmlegupsidedownfaceface!  Advance to the doors in the vomity confusion!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 23, 2012, 10:54:35 am »

"Let's head through, boys! Last chance!"

Paul McCartney runs toward the entrance holding his guitar about his head to deflect head-liquefying machine gun strikes!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:50:07 am by freeformschooler »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 30, 2012, 04:58:42 pm »

-"So, we got 12 Mark III Nazi-turrets about to open fire upon us, should they get the power back online. Each firing 300 bullets a second, as oposed to the 5 rounds/second of their foot soldiers. Oh, and some crocodiles, which do an average of one bite a second. Now, with the turrets online, we be be dead, chaps. However, the chance of being hit by anything else than the miniguns is only 0.6%."
-"Meaning that with the minigun turrets offline, we barely have a chance of dieing."
-"Let's start then."

Archimedes Alpha: Multiplication +  Healing Steve
Archimedes Beta: Multiplication + Activating the laser against the Nazi generator compound. I heard Unleaded Hate 95 is rather volatile.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20:38 am »

Spoiler: Super Special Map (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Super Special Map Update
« Reply #712 on: January 04, 2013, 05:04:34 am »

I am starting the next turn.

!!CURRENLY TAKING SUGGESTIONS FOR STEVE IRWIN!!

edit:
That makes sense, ebbor. Steve Irwin vs 12 crocs it is then.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:11:41 am by lawastooshort »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Steve Irwin Suggestion Request Update
« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2013, 05:06:35 am »

Croc wrestle all crocs in submission, I suppose.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Assault on the DinoNest: Turn 1
« Reply #714 on: January 04, 2013, 09:29:51 am »

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN ONE!

Paul McCartney runs toward the holding his guitar about his head to deflect head-liquefying machine guy strikes!

"Gentlemen, you may-" says Crockett, as he reaches upwards.

"Let's head through, boys!" interrupts McCartney, lifting his indestructible shiny guitar to his head and getting ready to, metaphorically, go over the top. "Last chance!"

Paul McCartney leaps to his feet as the machine gun bullets stream around him. He charges forward! The bullets bounce off! The light shines brightly off the many silvery sequins! The reflections are tremendous! He runs as fast as he can towards the left-most bunker, and suddenly the bullets abruptly stop…

Unleash the horror of the Triplearmlegupsidedownfaceface!  Advance to the doors in the vomity confusion!

"-Wish to avert your eyes..." finishes Crockett, as McCartney rushes rashly in front of him. "Oh well.”

There’s a barely noticeable rustling sound and then…

And then the bullets from the bunkers abruptly stop! There’s a few seconds of silence; then a few more seconds of groaning and grunting, and then-

Suddenly Davy Crockett notices the tremendous reflections of Paul McCartney’s silvery sequiny guitar-shield!

An uncontrollable torrent of the repulsive remains of whatever godforsaken animal Crockett seems to have eaten for breakfast spews out of the hideous Terror Knight’s misshapen facehole!

It blasts the running McCartney to the floor, where he surfs along on the vomitwave a dozen metres until he shoots straight through the left-most bunker’s machine gun slit. He comes face to face with four DinoNazis manning a machine gun! They are all being violently sick on the floor! It is up to their knees!

In the bunker on the right, similar vomity confusion reigns.

The machine gun is silent.

But the gutjuice is not! Soon the distant bowienauts spy rivers of sick leaking vigorously out of the machine gun slits. The DinoNazis inside flee in fear of a horrifying drowning death! They run straight towards the bowienauts!

Just then Davy Crockett recovers from his burst of vomiting and prepares to dash towards the steel doors in the confusion. But no! He is violently sick once more, and vomits with such force that he propels himself backwards, and he falls to the floor, face up and still vomiting! A fountain of burning sick blasts up into the sky and monsoons back down onto his awful face!

The entire expanse of ground between the bowienauts and the steel nazidoors is now covered in a thick coating of lumpy, writhing sick, and the small river it forms begins to gently float Davy Crockett away towards the nearest low point: the crocodile pit!

Archimedes Alpha: Multiplication +  Healing Steve
Archimedes Beta: Multiplication + Activating the laser against the Nazi generator compound. I heard Unleaded Hate 95 is rather volatile.

"So," says Archimedes Alpha (or Beta) to Archimedes Beta (or Alpha). 

"So, we got 12 Mark III Nazi-turrets about to open fire upon us, should they get the power back online. Each firing 300 bullets a second, as oposed to the 5 rounds/second of their foot soldiers. Oh, and some crocodiles, which do an average of one bite a second. Now, with the turrets online, we be dead, chaps. However, the chance of being hit by anything other than the miniguns is only 0.6%."

"Meaning that with the minigun turrets offline, we barely have a chance of dying."

"Quite. Let's get on with it then. I’ll start by multiplying the powers of our unfortunate enemies and then punching Stevo in the face at a crucial point in his deadly combat against the crocodile horde!"

"Ok! Good plan! And I’ll multiply our own powers and blast this damned nazi generator to Hell!"

"Excellent idea, old chap!"

"Ooh, I say. That’s quite an explosion!"

"Jolly good show, old bean! Wait, wasn’t Hugh Grant hanging around over there?"

"Blast."

"Mrrreaa?"

The Quantum Cat lifted its head from the dusty soil, curious at the sudden interruption of leather boot relaxation time. Now, it wasn't the horrible noise rising far above it, or the other horrible noise from far around them, but the sight of a reptilian - a croc just like the other one on Davy's foot - which raised its ire.

It poked the other cat next to it, somewhat similar to itself, which in turn nudged the other cat next to it as the trio began their silent coordination, complete with complimentary hissing, extension of claws and the baring of teeth.

{Master of Uncertainty}

If possible, STRIKE AT THE ENEMY! CHARGE!

Next to the Archimedes, Schrödinger’s Cat sees Davy Crockett floating past on his back and a sea of sick towards a hole and a horde of far right crocodiles. There’s only one thing to do!

Activate the Holo-Schrödinger’s Cats!

Suddenly all three cats bare their teeth, shoot out their claws, and charge the dozen crocodiles!

With a sharp swipe of his claws, one of Schrödinger’s Cats slices off the lead crocodiles legs!

The crocodile almost immediately bleeds to death!

The remaining eleven crocodiles stare angrily at the three cats.

Quote from: Eleven Crocodiles
Split up and charge Schodinger’s Cat/s and Davy Crockett, who is very close to encroaching on our territory!

After witnessing the bloody and violent death of their leader, the remaining crocodiles are quite irritated. Half a dozen of them charge at the three cats responsible, immediately tearing one hologram to holoshreds, smashing the head off another, and accidentally biting another croc’s head off in a desperate attempt to take down the remaining and real Schrödinger’s Cat!

The last four crocodiles face off with Schrödinger’s Cat, gently floating towards the crocodile pit on the river of vomit!

The other five head towards Davy Crockett, defenceless and also floating, when suddenly Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, wades through the ankle high bodily waste and jumps between Crockett and the crocs!

”Crikey mates! Ah balls to this, I don’t have time – you’re all goners, you nazi bastards! Here, have some flamin’ Aussie!”

Croc wrestle all crocs in submission.

Jumping onto the front croc, Steve Irwin rips his face off, backflips away, and beheads the second croc with the first croc’s jawbone! Blood shoots out of the first croc’s severed face, and he falls down dead!

Smelling the sweet smell of victory over the pungent smell of endless Davy-puke, Stevo advances on the next three hapless nazicrocs, when suddenly one of the Archimedes leaps over and punches him repeatedly in the back of the head! He falls over face down into the layer of Crockett vomit, and the crocodiles move in!

”Awwwwwww crikey mates!” cries Stevo, flailing about in Davy’s vomit as one of the crocs crunches his leg in two. ”You’re a feisty bugger!”

Jumping to his foot, Stevo snatches his leg out of the jaws of the feistiest croc, and smashes him about the head with it, piercing his brain and causing massive bleeding, mate! He looks like he’s about to die next turn!

Turning to face the last two crocodiles, Steve Irwin quickly rams his leg back into place.

The crocs circle him, eyeing his juicy legs greedily.

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Very Heavy Leg Bleeding!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Both DinoNazis and bowienauts have +1 maths bonus to attack rolls for the next two turns.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:05:45 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Assault on the DinoNest: Turn One!
« Reply #715 on: January 04, 2013, 09:39:51 am »

Is remvoing/reapplying the bandages a free action?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 04, 2013, 12:03:49 pm »

Vomit not shown, because otherwise the entire map would be vomit :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Chapter Five: Assault on the DinoNest: Turn 1
« Reply #717 on: January 04, 2013, 01:37:02 pm »

"Gentlemen, time to open a road!"

Restore bandages to face.  Fire a HE salvo at the door/nests while Boone eats the nearest croc.  Advance to the doors!

Please note the vomit is not burning.

Yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 07, 2013, 11:19:41 am »

(Hugh Grant'll be alright. I mean, either the explosion was so big that nobody could survive it,so he did, as nobody saw him die or it wasn't, meaning he survived.)

Archimedes will help Steve Irwin, and this time resorting by evolutionary medical practises*
The Other Archimedes will indiscriminately open fire against all Dinonazis.

*An ancient and honorable way of healing, where you treat your patients so badly that those who survive the treatment are also fit enough to survive whatever they were suffering from

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 09, 2013, 03:29:42 am »

*Hiss hiss*

The Cat looked on at the four facing it. Outnumbered by such reptilian foes, how could a simple feline fight back! Its human allies were just too busy!

And then he felt a furball coming up with no time to aim it!

In retrospect, finding a higher vantage point to clamber up to sounded like a better idea...But the furball took priority.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60