Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247385 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Short Interlude. Part Seven.
« Reply #525 on: August 28, 2012, 10:44:06 am »

Yeah... I think I'll try again.

Do you want to resolve that first or should we go ahead and action?

Also, I need to continue to collect arms for N-ARMFACE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 28, 2012, 10:52:39 am »

Improvise a backup robe from whatever is nearby.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 28, 2012, 11:04:12 am »

Yeah... I think I'll try again.

Do you want to resolve that first or should we go ahead and action?

Also, I need to continue to collect arms for N-ARMFACE.

Oh, go ahead and post an action, I'll put the legs in a spoiler or pm.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 28, 2012, 11:59:09 am »

I, for one, would like to say HOORAY DINOSAURS RAWR

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 28, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »

"Perhaps this isn't the time for violence?"

Attempt to calm down the DINOs with reason.  If reason fails, attempt to calm them with HE rounds.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 28, 2012, 02:56:20 pm »

So, how did I do?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 28, 2012, 08:00:54 pm »

Damn your skeletal badger! Damn it to heck!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 28, 2012, 08:15:43 pm »

Uhh...

Gimme a bit. I can probably read it all and post tomorrow.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:38 am »

So, how did I do?

Well, in that you didn't totally fail your objective and were only prevented from curbstomping Death by the intervention of David Bowie AND you indirectly led to Davy Crockett losing both his legs, well, quite well.

Uhh...

Gimme a bit. I can probably read it all and post tomorrow.

I don't think it would be entirely fair of me to rush you after my effort at timeliness ;)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:58 am »

Grrgrarg someone choose my action and I'll catch up later. I have ALL OF THE TESTS this week.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:26 am »

Grrgrarg someone choose my action and I'll catch up later. I have ALL OF THE TESTS this week.
Mccarntney whips out his musical instrument of choice! After tuning it gently, he plays "We Can Work it Out." in an attempt to pacify the raging dino.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2012, 08:54:59 pm »

Keep Foot [Y]

Crack knuckles slightly, and wonder in head if Dinosaurs are like Crocodiles... Get ready to rumble, in case they attack, but stand aside for now.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHITLER's Mum: Turn One
« Reply #537 on: September 04, 2012, 07:28:22 am »

CHAPTER THREE: BOWIENAUTS AND DINOHITLER’S MUM. TURN ONE!

"Perhaps this isn't the time for violence?" reasons Davy Crockett. “Perhaps is the TIME TO DAMN WELL SORT OUT MY LEG, O TIMELORD! Beam me the hell up, Bowie!”

“Whoa dude, relax!” replies the Magnificent Timelord as Crockett suddenly materialises back upon the orbital space pod. “Relax man, we’ll have this sorted out in a jiffy. So er… you want your burnt off leg fixed, eh? Without me taking off the other one too? I’ll see what I can do… We’ll er… we’ll have to put that piece of burnt off leg somewhere though…”

DAVY CROCKETT: SEVERED LEFT LEG: ...REPLACED WITH LARGE SELF BALANCING WHEEL/TURBO ROCKET JET COMBINATION. REMAINS OF SEVERED/BURNT OFF LEFT LEG STORED IN LEFT CHEEK. KEEP REPLACEMENT Y/N? REJECT REPLACEMENT Y/N? CANNOT TRY AGAIN.

Item Acquired: Davy Crockett: Rocket Mono-Segway

Item Acquired: Davy Crockett: Doublearmlegface!

Attempt to calm down the DINOs with reason.  If reason fails, attempt to calm them with HE rounds.

...Suddenly there’s a fizzing zap of a burst of noise and Davy Crockett appears back in the small clearing.

"Perhaps this isn't the time for violence?” he asks of the towering dinosaur. “Perhaps this is the time for reason?”

“Hmm,” replies the dinosaur. “Perhaps!”

Crack knuckles slightly, and wonder in head if Dinosaurs are like Crocodiles... Get ready to rumble, in case they attack, but stand aside for now.

...Just then there’s a loud echoing cracking sound as Stevo’s head whirs into action!

“I wonder if Dinosaurs are like Crocodiles? SHIT, THEY ARE! Dinosaurs are Crocodiles’ evil cousin!”

Steve Irwin quickly cracks his knuckles to prepare for combat, cracking them so hard that one of his fingers flies off, directly towards the tyrannosaurus’ eyes!

“Rawrrrrrrrrrrr!” roars the dinosaur, blood pouring from his eye. “My eye, you Aussie bastard!”

Angry and unable to see properly, the tyrannosaurus rex charges towards Davy Crockett, his ferocious jaws open and slavering with hunger.

“Ahhh ahahahah!” he cries. “Barbequed human! My favourite!”

In a flash of chomping dinotooth, the tyrannosaurus rex rips Crockett’s severed burnt leg out of his left cheek! He waves it briefly in the air with his tremendous jaws until they snap open and he swallows the leg whole!

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Severed Finger!

Item Lost: Davy Crockett: Doublearmlegface!

Improvise a backup robe from whatever is nearby.

...Seeing his commander charge into battle sends the pterodactyl behind the group into a frenzied rage.

“Rawrrrrrrrrrrr!” he cries, leaping at Archimedes like a demented flamingo and flapping his wings with a great fury.

“Rawrrrrrrrrrrr!” cries back Archimedes, spinning round on his heels, kicking the pterodactyl into the air and then catching it over his knee and snapping its spine. With a flash of teeth and jaw somehow more terrifying than that of the tyrannosaurus rex, Archimedes rips the wings off the dead pterodactyl before fashioning an ornate and creepy looking backup robe from them!

It’s hard to tell if the tyrannosaurus rex looks super-pissed or super-intimidated.

Mccarntney whips out his musical instrument of choice! After tuning it gently, he plays "We Can Work it Out" in an attempt to pacify the raging dino.

...At just about the same time that Archimedes decides that the dinosaur totally does look super-pissed at seeing his friend turned into a backup robe he hears the gentle strumming of Paul McCartney’s faithful acoustic. The lovely soothing melody soon fills the entire small clearing and is shortly joined by the pacifying tones of the last Beatle.

“…We can work it out.
Life is very short, and there's no time,
For fussing and fighting, my friend.
I have always thought that it's a crime,
So I will ask you once again…”

“Whoa dude,” interrupts the tyrannosaurus rex. “You’re totally right. There is no time for fussing and fighting! Hey, o crocfoot man! Your foot looks like my own son! Sorry about your leg! And you! Man who was once naked! I totally forgive you!”

“Uh, that’s ok, Mr…”

“Call me uh… Edward. Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex.”

“That’s ok Mr Rex. I guess I didn’t really need a leg in my face. Not with the two arms I’ve already got in it!”

Edward briefly vomits down his chin before managing to tear his gaze away.

“And I er… I’m sorry about making your friend into a dress,” finishes Archimedes.

“That’s no problem,” says Edward, wiping himself clean. “We’ve had worse… Hey, you know, you could totally come back to our village and… have a coffee?”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts & DinoHITLER's Mum: Turn One
« Reply #538 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:48 am »

"Don't suppose I could make you vomit up me leg?"

Ask permission to DOUBLEARMFACE the dino to make him vomit out the leg so I can put it back.  If denied, just follow him back to his village.

(Also, we're good on the other leg.)

I was totally planning on jumping down his throat after that leg, too.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts & DinoHITLER's Mum: Turn One
« Reply #539 on: September 05, 2012, 07:36:13 am »

To Dinosaur Village. Also, ask for tea.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60