Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247247 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Stalingrad. Turn Three.
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2012, 11:48:53 am »

I can't stop laughing- mental image of whirling flaming speedo maelstrom. I need to steal ideas from this thread for a Random Disaster table.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2012, 12:28:10 pm »

"Stalingrad" in the thread title should be changed to "Speedograd."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2012, 12:30:27 pm »

"Stalingrad" in the thread title should be changed to "Speedograd."
+1. Enough said.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2012, 01:00:15 am »

Stevo attempts to put out the fire on his arm, before jumping on the Communist in front of him, attempting to wrestle him into submission again.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Four.
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2012, 05:55:29 am »

TURN FOUR

Head to the Southwest, also avoid contact with any of my burning teammates. Use my solar laser to distract the tanks by blowing up one of the nearby walls/buildings. (Preferably not the ones my squadmates are hiding in/near/running towards...)

”Come with me my friends,” starts Archimedes. “So that we can see one of the few remaining wonders of the World: Diplomacy. I heard the Romans tell about it, but I never witnessed it myself. Luckly for us someone already did the dividing for us, so we should only wait from a distance to watch the magic unfold, and then conquer the ashes.”

”What are you nattering on about, Archimedes, mate?” asks Paul, as he hobbles on one leg past the Greek. ”You and your dividing, eh, la, it’s like some kind of obsession or something! Arg, watch out! The dinoTANK is turning towards us!”

Indeed! It is! ...And thusly Archimedes doth sprint at a comfortable and dignified strolling pace back towards the drop pod from whence he so recently sprung forth, there to set up his solar laser, to set in place for a solemn and precise blasting of some buildings next turn!

Alas! ...For as Archimedes places his Archimedes Heat Ray upon the uneven ground it sinks and sticks deep into the mud, and as it warms up it faces directly towards the dinoPANZER!

Jump down on top of the tank, rip the hatch open, and eat/stab everything inside.  While on fire.

"Boone, sorry to interrupt your meal, but we need to execute a tactical withdrawal. While on fire."

Unaware of the impending warming up of the turning dinoPANZER, Crockett takes decisive action, as a man of his intense pedigree is wont to do! ...He sprints through the burning building towards the east, nimbly dodging the tumbling joists of falling flame as he hurries over, fearful that the turning monster of war is about to aim at his beloved companions! Ignoring the mild inconvenience of the scalding speedo fusing with his legflesh, Davy angles through the last room of the apartment block before leaping out of the blasted-out window, arms outstretched and crockofoot bent forwards to share the impending glory. At the last second the American frontiersman assumes the Diving Swallow Aflame position, and crashes headfirst through the face of the dinoPANZER’s dinoTURRET, eviscerating the skull, tearing the brain, and smashing through the armoured shell of the vehicle beneath! While on fire!

“Hello, Nazis!” he politely remarks, as he gets to his feet inside the cramped crew compartment. ”I’m Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier – and you’re… blast. I was so busy jumping I didn’t think this part through. You’re… You’re going to get stabbed and/or eaten! Yeah! Come on Boone, it’s important to get a healthy balanced diet you know! Can’t eat nothing but communists! I say, are you the gunner of this here contraption?”

Before the man addressed by Mr Crockett can reply, Mr Crockett ...stabs him through the face while on fire, bruising the fat and severing the brain!

“Terribly sorry!” he continues, turning to a man carrying a heavy looking shell. “And how about you? Do you like crocodiles? I've got part of one for you!”

With a flash of teeth Boone leaps up from Davy Crockett’s leg, ...and bites the Nazi in the eyes! With a look of horror, the Nazi jumps back, dropping the heavy looking shell on his foot! Davy Crockett knees him in the groin with his burning leg, ...tearing the skin and severing the groin! The Nazi is struck down! His groinless corpse bursts on fire!

Just then, the radio operator turns round, raising his pistol to protect his driver. He lets off a shot inside the cramped metal crew compartment! ...He misses completely, sending the crazy Nazi bullet ricocheting off every metal surface in sight before it comes to rest!

Suddenly the dinoPANZER driver slumps forward, jamming the accelerator under his lifeless body!

The dinoPANZER starts to lurch forward!

The radio operator flings his pistol at Crockett’s face, ...bruising the skin through the catmask, and crouches to pick up his nearby submachine gun!

“Now, Mr Crockett,” announces the Nazi fiend, “Your time is up!”

Paul McCartney stealthily hobbles outside the dinoPANZER's view range and attempts to board/ride it. After Davy, of course.

"I don't know about you chaps, but I don't think we're ready to face robo-stalin quite yet. We're gonna need some sort of... firepower... oh, Davy's got the right idea!"

Spying the flying Crockett burst into the dinoPANZER, the burning Beatle abandons Stevo to his grisly speedo-related fate and ...sprints one-legged past the mumbling Archimedes and his ex-fountain of filth, stumbling vaguely behind fallen rubble and street furniture to get some kind of cover from the dinoPANZER turning menacingly towards him.

The dino-less dinoPANZER turret abruptly stops its turn as McCartney reaches it and straps his guitar firmly to his back. He nimbly hauls himself up the side of the tank, and comes face to face with the eviscerated dino-head! Noticing the large hole in the head, he climbs straight in, and tumbles into the tank!

“Hello chaps!” he announces fortuitously before politely addressing the squashed Nazi beneath him. “Oh, sorry mate – I think I’ve fallen on you, accidentally severing your liver with my guitar! Well, it kind of looks like a liver. Never can tell with Nazis. Blast! Rather warm in here, eh, Davy? Probably your burning leg! Bloody hell mate, we’re moving!”

Stevo attempts to put out the fire on his arm, before jumping on the Communist in front of him, attempting to wrestle him into submission again.

Desperately on fire, Stevo leaps at the speedocommunist, determined to use him to put out his burning arm! ...He jumps on the hideous fiend’s head, dragging him down to the ground and The heat is transferred immediately, and as the flames dance over from Stevo’s burning arm, the speedos explode, severing the abdomen, tearing the heart, and bruising the guts! Molten speedocommunist remains are showered everywhere, and burning speedo flings itself directly at Stevo’s forehead! His trademark boyish floppy hair is lightly singed, and he jumps to his feet in a panic, running straight into a nearby burning weasel! It bites him in the ear, ripping the flesh!

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Lightly Bleeding Ear!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Four.
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2012, 07:16:00 am »

Throw that weasel into the closest form of danger, before meeting up with Archimedes.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2012, 07:55:33 am »

"Son, you're in a bad way- let's get out of here!"

Grab the Beatle, quickly exit the dinoPANZER, and stop, drop, and roll to extinguish the flames!  Use non-burning speedos to patch McCartney's bleeding wounds.

Hopefully I won't turn him into a speedobomination.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2012, 07:59:38 am »

Hopefully I will turn him into a speedobomination.
I approve of this.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:00 am »

Shouldn't I be farther away from the fountain?

Anyway, patch-up time again. Throw Toaster the medikit, to help him fix Paul. ( It has plastic gloves, so that he doesn't have to touch the speedos) after that, Take cover before the inevitable giant explosion of the tank.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:07:48 am by 10ebbor10 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:30 am »

"What are you doing man? RoboSTALING could be here any minute! I mean, er... thanks for helping me patch up these wounds. Where'd you learn to do that?"

After Davy is done, Paul attempts to sing a healing song to him! Of course, it's unlikely to help, but he can try.

"Eh... a one, and a two...

There are places he remembers
All his life, though some have changed
Some by commies not for better
Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their chances
With Nazis and robots
He can still recall
Some are disintegrated, some are living
In his life, he's loved them all"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Five.
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2012, 06:35:32 am »

TURN FIVE

Throw Mr Crockett the medikit, to help him fix Paul. (It has plastic gloves, so that he doesn't have to touch the speedos) After that, take cover before the inevitable giant explosion of the tank.

...Archimedes of Syracuse whips out his medikit, and hurls it with tremendous and probably mathematical accuracy towards the American he spots clambering out of the tank – whilst on fire! He throws it with such speed that the accompanying gust of wind extinguishes Paul McCartney's burning head!

...Pleased at a job well done, Archimedes waves his arms in the air and runs screaming as loud as he can towards the dinoTANK and its impending explosion!

Grab the Beatle, quickly exit the dinoPANZER, and stop, drop, and roll to extinguish the flames!  Use non-burning speedos to patch McCartney's bleeding wounds.

"Son, you're in a bad way - let's get out of here!" shouts Crockett, as he grabs hold of Paul McCartney's shoulders and starts dragging him out of the flame-filled dinoPANZER.

"What are you doing man? RoboSTALIN could be here any minute!”

”No, son, I think your burning head is a more urgent problem than robotic communist dictators,” asserts Davy as he gets the pair of them safely out of the fire-stuffed Nazi tankmobile. ”Hey, what do you know,” he exclaims as he drops to the floor, rolls, and puts out his leg. ”There's fire everywhere outside, too! Say, perhaps it has something to do with our burning appendages? Well, that’s mine extinguished!”

Suddenly a green Chinese medikit hurtles past, the incredible gust of wind it creates blowing out the fire atop Paul McCartney's head before bouncing off the armoured skin of the dinoPANZER and landing in Davy Crockett's manly hand.

”Excellent.” smiles the frontiersman. ”Let's get to work!”

After Davy is done, Paul attempts to sing a healing song to him!

“Thanks for helping me patch up these wounds. Where'd you learn to do that?"

”Out on the Wild Frontier, chap. Where else? Where else would a man want to go? Anyway, show me your guts and close your eyes. I’ve got a trick or two I picked up from a philoso…”

”No! No! I’ve seen that trick! I don’t…”

”No, relax. This one’s totally different. Now, do as I ask.”

...As Paul McCartney closes his eyes, there is the sound of unzipping, and then the sound of bubbling burning, and then…

”Arhhhhgff! Good god, Davy, what the hell? You’re meant to be fixing my guts, not burning them!”

”Easy, Paul. I have fixed them! You had severe gut bleeding, so I cauterised the wound by pouring molten speedos all over them! Look, good as new. And if you flash your speedoguts at someone, they’ll be delighted to see you! ‘Tis an excellent party trick!”

Item Acquired: Paul McCartney: Speedoguts!

"Say, Davy, thanks very much mate! Let’s see if I can repay the favour, eh? Eh... a one, and a two...

There are places he remembers,
All his life, though some have changed,
Some by commies not for better,
Some have gone and some remain.

All these places had their chances,
With Nazis and robots,
He can still recall,
Some are disintegrated, some are living,
In his life, he's loved them all."

...Suddenly, combatants from all sides close round in a circle, and start to applaud! Davy Crockett can feel his heavy leg gash heal up instantaneously, and a two turn Joy bonus course through his veins!

Throw that weasel into the closest form of danger, before meeting up with Archimedes.

”Damned weasel!” shouts the angered Aussie. ”Normally I love these kinds of critters, but this is just one burning weasel too far for me today, mate! Now, I need to throw the fella into the closest form of danger, crikey! Hmm.”

Stevo grasps the burning rabid weasel with his firm masculine grip, outstretched before his face. He stares deep into its eyes.

”The closest form of danger, eh? You’re a feisty fella, aren’t yer!”

Stevo surveys his surroundings in search of danger.

”Hmmm…”

Just then a thought strikes him.

”Well, there’s only one thing for it, eh mate?” he says to himself. ”I’m far and away the most dangerous thing I’ve ever met, no kidding!”

...Changing his grip on the burning weasel to a good whirling tail grip, Stevo throws it directly into his own face! He throws it so hard it explodes on impact, showering his face and head with burning weasel fur and setting his hair on fire! Rushing round in a tight circle, Stevo starts screaming at the top of his voice, and dashes out of the ruined building towards where he last spotted Archimedes.

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Burning Hair!

…   …   …   …   …   …   

Just then, the dinoPANZER next to which Paul McCartney is serenading Davy Crockett bursts into flame! It looks suspiciously like it’s gonna blow! The various enemy combatants who had leaned in to hear McCartney’s wonderful music flee back to their original positions! The rumble from the west deepens and grows louder, almost as if further dinoPANZERS were on their way! The whole square remains aflame, adorned with blazing communist speedo remains. Suddenly the monstrous and imposing form of a mechanised trooper strides through the burning rubble of the northern apartment block!

”Oh bloody hell, mates!” cries Paul as he pokes his head round the viciously burning tank. ”A ROBOT NAZI TROOPER! I thought I’d seen the last of those in 1963!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Five.
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2012, 06:53:45 am »

Oh, here we go again. Takes deep breath.

Multiply this, fire the solar laser at the Nazibot, followed up by some surpressing fire and an attempt to run away from the soon exploding tank.

((Actually my list of destructive abilities isn't that long. Food for thought.))

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2012, 07:40:13 am »

Get that fire outta me hair! Then hide behind some rubble, or something.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2012, 08:37:18 am »

Oh, just what I wanted to happen.

"Let me take care of this."

Apply the MIGHTY TEXAS BOOT to the dinoPANZER!  Kick it toward the Robonazi!

Hey, you said pretty much anything, right?

And I can't seem to roll anything but 1s and 6s for healing rolls.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2012, 11:45:36 am »

Imagine if Michael Bay was working with the guy who wrote Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. They would have created something like this RTD.

"Troopers are intimidating. Nazis are scary. Robots are terrifying. Together? Well, chaps, I know what I must do!"

Paul, sensing the suicidal results of his companions' actions, throws himself in front of the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER and uses his SPEEDOGUTS to absorb the scary from it!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60