Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247258 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Fourteen.
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2012, 09:36:12 am »

I need to stop rolling 6s on my healing rolls.  Or, you know, keep doing it.

Generator, eh?  Not sure what that is, but it looks important.  I think I'll break it.

Go stab/crocbite the commies, then throw their bodies into the generator.  If that doesn't break it, start throwing in crates.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »

"Go, go, go, lads! You fight the kitties and I'll take Miaow. We're running out of time!"

Paul strummed a few gentle loving tabs on his guitar to daze the officer and attempted to run past him, through the double doors and into Miaow's lair.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:03 am »

Take care of that Commie Officer!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Fifteen.
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2012, 05:04:07 pm »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN FIFTEEN

Go stab/crocbite the commies, then throw their bodies into the generator.  If that doesn't break it, start throwing in crates.

”Generator, eh? Not sure what that is, but it looks important. I think I'll break it. Damn commie deserves no less.”

Whilst the two cattybara communist guardsmen lean over some kind of control panel, discussing something communist in hushed communist voices, Davy Crockett sneaks in, gently opening the door and padding up behind them as stealthily as a wily woodsman can. ...Suddenly he leaps up in the air and Boone bites one of their heads right off from behind! His comrade is so violently shocked he jumps vertically into the air several metres, and as he falls back down Davy stabs him so hard in the lung that he is flung bodily into the generator!

The generator breaks! Thick black smoke starts churning out of the largest piece of machinery as it grinds to a halt.

”Hmm… Interesting… Oh, blast. Who turned off the lights? Hmm. Hey, is that door smouldering, Boone? Damnations, I do believe it is!”

Paul strummed a few gentle loving tabs on his guitar to daze the officer and attempted to run past him, through the double doors and into Miaow's lair.

"Go, go, go, lads! You fight the kitties and I'll take Miaow. We're running out of time!"

Back in the monorail station leading to ChairMan Miaow’s Private Lair, the lads are surrounded! The situation is desperate!

Paul unholsters his acoustic, and aims it at the pernicious Communist Officer, gently strumming a few minor chords. ...They’re particularly pleasant! The officer is dazed as he remembers his long lost lovers and times gone by. He feels terribly sad! His minions aren’t quite sure what to make of this, and stare questioningly at their teary eyed superior. A chance has presented itself to the daring Beatle!

Seizing his chance, Paul switches his guitar to a more mobile one handed grip, and dashes towards the moping catmunist, taking a long run-up and ...jumping straight over his head! He bursts through the double doors beyond.

”Ahahahaha, Miaow! No one can withstand the power of liberal loving protest songmastery! Time to meet your doo-oh crap! Oh man, heavy.”

The final entrance to Miaow’s Private Lair appears to be guarded by a deadly stingray moat!

And a Bearded Land Octopus!

Suddenly everything goes black!

Take care of that Commie Officer!

Taking advantage of the temporary bewilderment of the guardsmen, Steve Irwin changes towards their weeping officer.

”I’m gonna take care of you mate! And when I say ‘take care’, I mean I’m gonna wallop you right in the face yer bleeding galah!”

Stevo rushes up to the blasphemous fiend ...and wallops his face right off his bleeding shoulders! The commie corpse drops to the ground, totally dead, mate!

”Crikey fella! You know, I can be pretty dangerous when handled incorrectly, mate! Oh blimey, what the bloody hell?”

Suddenly all the lights go out!

(Cattybaras- Water)/(Ground+Fire)+ 3Allies^2= Victory

The above calculations.

With communists to the right of him and communists to the left of him – with communists all around! – Archimedes has to take some serious drastic action! He waits for his two comrades to charge forth, and watches with delight as first Paul rushes forwards, reducing the cattybara officer to tears, and then Stevo jumps out, walloping his bleeding head off, mate!

Archimedes looks quickly over his shoulder at the surrounding commiebaras, and looks in front at the approaching catfiends, and starts a rapid and deadly calculation! But suddenly everything goes black! The lights have gone out!

”Gosh. What’s going on, chaps? Oh bloody hell, I’ve lost concentration. Er. Chaps? You might want to er. Oh blast. I think I got my sum slightly wrong. Oh dear. Well, at least I’m wearing sandles.”

...Even more suddenly than everything turned black, suddenly a huge wave of molten lava starts flooding down the subway tunnel into the station, illuminating everything before it in an eerie orange red glow. In front of him, Archimedes can just about make out the figures of the six cattybaras as they seem to expand. They get bigger and bigger! They burst apart! The monorail station is covered in flying guts and water and catparts and gore! A liver hits Archimedes in the face! He begins to be sick over his feet, lifting his head up just in time to shout a strangled warning cry of terror.

”Stevo! Get through the bleeding doors and jam them shut mate! You haven’t got any sandals!”

”Oh crikey!” shouts Irwin, seeing the river of magma burn towards him. ”Shit!” he swears for only about the second time this chapter! Shocked into action, he leaps through the double doors and turns quickly to jam them shut with a nearby length of wood.

”Stevo?” comes a distinctive voice in the darkness. ”Is that you?”

”Yeah mate, it is, Paul. I wouldn’t go out there just yet, there’s some kind of bleeding magma river burning right through the bloody subway station.”

“Bloody hell. Is Archimedes all right?”

“Oh yeah, he’ll be fine, he’s got a pair of sandals, mate. How about you, you ok?”

“Er yeah Steve, I was until the lights went out. You know mate, I think you just locked us in Miaow’s antechamber with a Bearded bloody Land Octopus. And there’s a bloody stingray infested moat halfway between us and it!”

“Oh crikey mate. Shit. Those things can be very dang-”

“-erous when handled incorrectly?”

“Er. Yeah Paul. Something like that. Crikey. Have you seen a film crew round here somewhere mate? Perhaps they’ll have some lights.”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Meanwhile, back in the monorail station again, Archimedes floats along on a tide of burning magma which is destroying all before it!

”Thank the gods I brought my sandals!” he thinks aloud, barely able to see in the orange glow.

An awful explosion bursts next to his right ear!

The monorail has been struck down!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subway map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
The Power of Gentle Loving! The Communist Officer has been moved to tears!
The subway tunnel is filling with lava!
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:17:00 am by lawastooshort »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Fifteen.
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2012, 06:55:25 pm »

... Can we give those sandals to the dwarves?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2012, 07:52:19 pm »

Perhaps I should have thought that move through better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2012, 01:27:07 am »

Apparently the Greeks made sandals from asbestos.  :D

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2012, 09:00:18 am »

"Boone, I think we may be in a pickle here."

Splint my arm, then attempt to make it back to the group via the non-smouldering door.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2012, 10:21:20 am »

"Hum... I might have time for a quick tune. Come on, Stevo, hop over the moat with me! I'll strum us a little tune to distract the octopus!"

"Once I went to the store
The communist pet store
Checked out some pets
'Buy this one, let's'
And then walked out the door

Nowadays I'm pretty well known
As the one guy down the road who's
Just a little weird
As the one guy down the road whose
Octopus has a beard!

Oh, oh
My octopus has a beard
Oh, oh
Everyone thinks I'm weird
Oh, oh
I'm well-known and well-feared
Oh, oh
'Cause my octopus has a beard!"

Paul McCartney attempted to leap the moat and subdue the octopus with his poorly-thought-out song. If it works, he attempts to run past it and to the main chambers!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2012, 11:07:35 am »

Look and see what's wrong with the generator room. Surely there's nothing dangerous about entering it toghether with a river of magma. Help Davy Crocket if I get there.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2012, 03:04:19 pm »

"Oh, Blimey Mate... those are stingrays... Crikey! Bleedin' hell..." Stay away from the stingrays.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Sixteen.
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2012, 06:56:31 pm »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN SIXTEEN

Splint my arm, then attempt to make it back to the group via the non-smouldering door.

"Boone, I think we may be in a pickle here," correctly observes Davy Crockett. ”We need to find some other way out of this pitch black room, but I have a bad feeling about it. Yessir.”

Scrabbling out in the dark for some kind of communist remains that he might be able to use to splint up his arm, Davy suddenly grabs a hold of something that feels just about right. It feels exactly arm sized! It feels exactly arm shaped! He gives it a sharp hard tug.

...His arm comes clean off!

Wound Acquired: Davy Crockett: Severed Left Arm!

Wound Acquired: Davy Crockett: Heavy Left Arm Stump Bleeding!

”Tarnation,” the King of the Wild Frontier rather accurately summarises. ”Well Boone, since the first aid didn't go so well, let's see how well leaving this room and finding our comrades goes!”

Struggling up in the darkness, Davy Crockett gets to his feet and sprints in the direction he came. ...He smacks his head straight off a nearby wall!

Wound Acquired! Davy Crockett: Heavy Head Bruising!

Paul McCartney attempted to leap the moat and subdue the octopus with his poorly-thought-out song. If it works, he attempts to run past it and to the main chambers!

"Hum... I might have time for a quick tune. Come on, Stevo, hop over the moat with me! I'll strum us a little tune to distract the octopus!"

Once I went to the store
The communist pet store
Checked out some pets
'Buy this one, let's'
And then walked out the door

As the one guy down the road who's
Just a little weird
As the one guy down the road whose
Octopus has a beard!

Oh, oh
My octopus has a beard
Oh, oh
Everyone thinks I'm weird
Oh, oh
I'm well-known and well-feared
Oh, oh
'Cause my octopus has a beard!

Singing his mystical minstrel melody, Paul aims his acoustic guitar at where he could last make out the monstrous mollusc! Has he distracted it? Nobody knows! It's as dark as night! He runs forwards, jumping as majestically as he can the moment he spots the malicious glint of the stingray eyes circling in the murderous moat.

He leaps!

He flies!

He lands, and suddenly realises he has come face to face with the repulsive bearded land octopus!

No!

Worse! He is face to belly with the bearded land octopus! The big, slimy, slightly bearded belly!

Luckily for the Last Beatle, ...the octopus seems to be distracted! He ducks and dives and rolls between its legs, jabbing sharply upwards with his guitar as he goes and bursting on through to the other side. Beyond he can see the faint glow of light escaping from under a doorway!

Stay away from the stingrays.

"Oh, Blimey Mate... those are stingrays... Crikey! Bleedin' hell..."

Even in the pitch blackness of a communist pyramid-style lair with no working generators, the special sixth sense of Steve “Stevo” Irwin can detect the terrifying presence of a moatful of stingrays, mate!

”Shit!”

He knows that his reptile-takedown-focused survival skills are no match for a ravenous horde of stingrays: his only option is to avoid the damn things!

”Miaow or no Miaow, I can't stand those nasty buggers,” he decides, ”I'm gettin' right bleedin' out of here faster'n an Aussie can say 'Crikey mate'. Oh crap, Paul? Where the hell you going fella? Crikey mate!”

Suddenly the reassuring strumming of Paul and his lovely guitar fade away into the ether, and his cheeky but charming Scouse accent disappears into the distance!

Stevo takes a few steps backwards, ...and then runs straight forwards into the awful wet moat of terror! He can feel some kind of horrible presence about him!

Look and see what's wrong with the generator room. Surely there's nothing dangerous about entering it together with a river of magma. Help Davy Crocket if I get there.

Archimedes walks across the slowly flowing river of magma for no particular reason, heading for the door he can vaguely make out in the hellish orange glow, ...yanking it open and peering into the gloom within. As the magma spreads into the newly revealed generator room, the Greek philosopher can just about see the form of Davy Crockett with his tell-tale raccoon skin hat and crocodile head foot. He seems to be slumped unconscious against a wall!

Archimedes wanders over to him, but steps on something squishy! He stumbles! He slips! Probably thanks to the amazing powers of his asbestos mountain-sandals, he keeps his balance, and bends down to pick up the offending object.

...It seems to be a left arm!

Carrying on over to Davy Crockett's inert and crumpled body, Archimedes bends both knees as he leans in to grab a secure hold of his companion. He keeps his back straight! He straightens his legs! He lifts Davy Crockett and Boone across his shoulder, and strolls nonchalantly out of the now rapidly-filling-with-magma room!

”My friend,” starts the Greek, holding an arm in his hand and addressing the gradually stirring frontiersman, ”Is this yours?”

Suddenly an almighty vibration shakes the communist lair from head to toe. A great humming occurs! A fetid yellow light suddenly floods the entire pyramid: the emergency lighting has been activated! In front of Paul McCartney the vast metal door before him suddenly and dramatically swings open.

”Oh Jesus,” Paul casually blasphemes, ”Half chair. Half man. Half Miaow.”

”Shit.”

Suddenly he hears a panicked scream of pure terror fill the air behind him! The moatroom is illuminated, and Stevo finds himself face to face with a terrible foe in its natural environment! The bearded land octopus – unbalanced by the ducking, diving and jabbing Last Beatle – has rolled into the moat with Stevo! It's almost as if he's trying to give the brave young Aussie a nice kiss!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subway map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:48:13 am by lawastooshort »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Sixteen.
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:31 pm »

In which the RNG calls for the messy deaths of the PCs.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2012, 05:21:43 am »

Archimedes lifted the unconcious Davy Crocket over his shoulder, carefull not to be eaten by any intelligent or non intelligent appendages. There wasn't much time, as he needed to get to his friends and out of the magma( we're still underground) before it solidified. Vulcanic glass is really sharp and can cut through sandals with ease, afterall. He didn't care much about Davy's lost arm, he had it with him, so he could reattach it later.

Onward to the Stingray filled moat

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2012, 06:59:29 am »

"This isn't my day.  I think I need to shoot something."

Using Arch's shoulder as a prop, shoot at any threatening targets with the rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 60