Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247332 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Nine.
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2012, 02:42:53 pm »

Archimedes graciously strode towards the communist monorail train, looked if there was anyone inside,and then checked if he could easily force the door. If there's noone inside he will open the door and see if anything jumps out, making sure not to be drawn inside. If the door can't be opened or it seems to dangerous, he rejoins his fellow bowienauts. He will attempt to patch them up using the medikit.

Look if the monorail is safely lootable/ Fix up the meatshields my friends

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Nine.
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2012, 04:18:58 am »

Follow McCartney. Keep him outta trouble ;)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Ten.
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2012, 07:23:17 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN TEN

THEY TOTALLY LEVELED UP!

Look if the monorail is safely lootable / Fix up the meatshields my friends

Descending from the conveniently slowly sliding trailer and ignoring the cowering cattybaras, Archimedes strides graciously towards the damnable Communist Monorail, standing on the tips of his toes to peek in through the windows and see if there are any communists left inside. He can’t see anyone!

... Fishing a jimmy bar out from somewhere inside his spacious robes, he tries to pry open the monorail door. It’s jammed fast!

Paul McCartney rushes out through the north!

... Meanwhile, Paul McCartney has spotted a suspicious looking pathway to the north!

"Come on, lads! No time for song and dance! Ignore the cattybaras!"

Follow McCartney. Keep him outta trouble ;)

... Steve Irwin follows McCartney to the north to keep him out of trouble, and the pair run through the sea of blood before ducking through a low door into a dark corridor. They encounter no one, and no traps sever their limbs! At the end of the corridor they reach a lift and two doors. The lift is marked, in cat-Chinese which the bowienauts’ neural implants handily translate, “CARGO ELEVATOR”. One door is marked “MAIN EXIT” and another door is marked “MAIN BARRACKS”.

... Suddenly Archimedes of Syracuse rushes up to the pair, whips out his first aid kit, grabs a scalpel, trips over, and stabs McCartney repeatedly in the chest! Blood starts spurting everywhere!

“Careful Paul!” cries out Steve. “There’s a scalpel there! They can be very dangerous! Hey, do you know you’re bleeding? That heavy bleeding’s a beauty!”

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Heavy Upper Body Bleeding!

Wound Acquired! Archimedes of Syracuse: Heavy Head Bruising!

As Archimedes slips to the floor in a growing pool of blood, a tube of bandages falls out of his hand and rolls gently away in the gloom.

Find the map!  If the cattybaras act up, throw discarded body parts at them to demoralize them.

"A map, eh?  Useful things, those. Not sure I’d trust one though – didn’t have any of them on the wild frontier!"

Davy Crockett ignores the calamitous sounds going on up the northern passage and searches about the monorail station for a map. ... He finds one on the wall!

Spoiler: Subway map (click to show/hide)

Suddenly a hail of bullets explodes all about him. The cattybaras are acting up! He turns round to throw the commissarybara’s pistol hand at them just as one pops his head and submachine gun round the end of the monorail ... The cattybara’s left arm is torn off! He looks quite demoralised! ... But one of his bullets hits Davy Crockett in the guts, bruising the fat and tearing the skin!

Wound Acquired! Davy Crockett: Light Gut Bleeding!

Crockett looks about him: his comrades have all run off to the north. He is all alone!

"Hey chaps!" he shouts out into the darkness, "I really think we should go this way! Perhaps we should make a reasoned and collective decision as to which direction to head in!"

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:38:04 am by lawastooshort »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Ten.
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2012, 07:27:00 am »

Search for the roll of bandages to fix McCartney's bleeding. Also, I say we outvote Davy.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2012, 08:58:46 am »

One could make the argument that the most logical direction to head to Texas here in China is down.

"Blasted fools.  They wouldn't last one day in the Ozarks.  Hell, they probably wouldn't last in the Appalachians."

Go retrieve my companions, stop them from bleeding, and drag them back to the monorail.

I've thrown way too many 5s and 6s.  I'm scared.

EDIT- Also, my sub-action was Super Effective.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:01:02 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2012, 11:49:19 am »

(Paul Mccartney+(Water+Air+Sqrt(Ground))*Fire)*Fire.

Exute the above sum to fix up the problems.

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2012, 01:04:35 pm »

All problems can be solved by fire.  When in doubt, add more fire.  If all else fails, multiply by fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2012, 01:21:54 pm »

Well that was a historically inaccurate turn- everybody knows that Davy Crockett has no gut fat!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2012, 03:34:27 pm »

The most frightening foe is an ally who rolls a 1.

Paul McCartney wait a minute to see if his companions can do anything for them, then directs the group to head crashing through the western door.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »

Grey's Law- Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Eleven.
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN ELEVEN

(Paul Mccartney+(Water+Air+Sqrt(Ground))*Fire)*Fire.
Execute the above sum to fix up the problems.

Mumbling a hurried apology to the Last Beatle, Archimedes starts making some strange symbols in the air with his hands, and then begins a mystical and mathematical Greek chant! As his hands whirl about his head, mathematical symbols seems to coalesce in the air above him, plus signs of fire and minuses of earth bursting into being a few feet over the bowienauts.

...Suddenly a fire ball forms and bursts off on its own down the southern corridor!

And then another!

And then a great ball of water blasts against the nearby wall!

And finally an enormous ball of mud shoots up into the ceiling!

The mud explodes on impact, showering the bowienauts in wet slimy dirt.

Search for the roll of bandages to fix McCartney's bleeding. Also, I say we outvote Davy.

Steve Irwin searches about on the floor, his non-broken eagle eye noticing the roll of bandages escaping Archimedes' hand as he collapses to the floor. He searches high! He searches low! His search becomes more desperate as he sees the ever increasing puddle of Beatle blood staining the concrete under his feet.

Wide-eyed with worry for his musical and bleeding friend, he looks down low! He looks down high! ...Suddenly his face is showered in mud, and his eye is plastered in thick, slimy, sticky brown goo!

But this is Steve Irwin! A bit of brown goo never bothered hi-

"OH JESUS CHRIST MATE! CRIKEY! I'VE GONE TOTALLY BLIND FELLAS!"

Stevo starts shouting at the top of his voice, and rushes screaming through the eastern door! He knocks it straight down, and starts running in the direction of the Main Barracks, wildly flailing his arms!

Wound Acquired! Steve Irwin: Gone Totally Blind Mate!

Paul McCartney waits a minute to see if his companions can do anything for them, then directs the group to head crashing through the western door.

Waiting for a minute or two to see if his comrades might be able to help him with his heavy bleeding problem, Paul watches with growing – yet mild-mannered and chirpy – frustration as fire, mud and Australians fly noisily all around him.

"Bloody hell man," he despairs. "We're meant to be a crack team of working class her-errrr bowienauts on a dangerous lightning quick stealth mission to save the worlds! Come on men, this way. It says Main Exit but that's probably just a decoy or something."

...Paul crashes through the western door, leaving a trail of friendly Liverpudlian blood as he suddenly comes face to face with a handful of surprised cattybara guardsmen.

Suddenly he feels the rough manly hand of Davy Crockett on his shoulder!

Go retrieve my companions, stop them from bleeding, and drag them back to the monorail.

"Blasted fools," mumbles Davy Crockett to himself, quite reasonably. "They wouldn't last one day in the Ozarks.  Hell, they probably wouldn't last in the Appalachians."

The King of the Wild Frontier rushes up the northern passage to his stranded co-bowienauts, only to be met with a scene of bewildering carnage. The eastern door is smashed down, the floor is slick with blood,  the walls and ceiling are dripping with mud, and Paul McCartney is face to face with several communist guardsmen! Steve Irwin is nowhere to be seen!

"Here," starts Davy, ...lopping a cattybara's head off with his bowie knife as calmly as if he was going for a Sunday stroll and then slamming the Western door shut, "You're hit pretty badly there Paul. What the hell happened to you guys? Here, I've got a traditional remedy I learnt when I was but a young apprentice woodsman. Now, close your eyes a second, this might sting a little..."

...Davy Crockett punches Paul McCartney in the face! ...He knocks him to the floor and drags him by the feet towards the monorail!

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Bruised Head!

A thick trail of blood is left behind the two bowienauts as Archimedes comes to his senses by the cargo elevator.

"Whoa man! Did you see that fireball?! Oh, hey, wait! I say! Chaps! What about Stevo?"

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:39:23 am by lawastooshort »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Eleven.
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »

I think the guys are hurting themselves more than the enemy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2012, 07:36:17 pm »

We were throwing great rolls up until the last couple turns- the first fight inside the compound being a prime example of ownage.  It's why I didn't pick a combat skill.  These last few turns have just been pretty bad.

P.P.S. - Someone save that poor Beatle!! He's the last one!

I worked on him!  Sort of!

So much for me thinking the Australian was the most competent of the bunch.  "Stay here, lad.  Brains, watch over him.  I'll get Steve..."

Drop off Paul with Archimedes.  Go retrieve Steve.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2012, 07:46:00 pm »

I'm a bit confused. The detailed map says my part of the team is south of the room we were in last turn, even though we headed through the western door.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »

Yeah, I think that lower S is supposed to be D, given that there are two of them on the map.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60