Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247501 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: RETCHED INTO LIFE!
« Reply #780 on: March 23, 2013, 10:16:30 am »

((That's what IRC is for.  Also, FFS needs to finish his turn.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 23, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »

I'll be busy tomorrow I think but will probably start the turn Monday, so will give them until then.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 24, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »

Paul was caught up in the heat of battle. The testosterone-fueled fight, the chance to win again where he once had lost. But what was this? Davy Crockett was wounded! Covered in sick! Requesting the aid of the fickle god, Lumithos! And, worst of all, traveling in the direction of Texas! Paul would not have this. They'd come too far for his companion to fall.

: "Hey, boys! Long time no see! Thanks for the Clayboard, Lennon - really came in handy. But I've got a bigger problem now. Why don't you all play something to back my up while Davy gets back on his feet?"

Paul McCartney strums a healing chord for Davy Crockett, making him better. All the time.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN NINE!

Quote from: Steve Irwin
Wrestle a goddamned crocodile

”Crikey mate!” shouts Steve Irwin, fairly obviously, ”I don’t know what to do! I barely even know what’s going on!”

He looks around in a mild panic at the surrounding horde of NAZI ROBOT TROOPERS.

”Oh shit yeah! A giant flaming robocroc, mates! Leave this little critter to me!”

As a strangely mechanical reptile scuttles across the room behind the horde of NAZI ROBOT TROOPERS, Stevo leaps gymnastically over, landing on his feet right in front of the deadly new foe.

He kicks it in the face!

The robocroc bites his bleeding leg off, mates!

And then chokes to death on it!

”Crikey mate!” hops Steve Irwin. ”Ouch!”

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Severed Left Leg!

Quantum Fur Ball > a clustered Nazi Trooper!

”Hrkkrkpffllfphrrhkk!” shouts Schrödinger’s Cat, suddenly reminded of something by this violent choking.

”Hrkkthhhhhhhttttfllfphrrhkk!” he comes again, circling dementedly in horrible violent spasms.

”Hrkkt hrkkk hrkkkk pfffflaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!” he triumphantly phlegms, as a furball of such quantum density that it forms, or deforms, or unforms into a rapidly moving beachball sized black hole as it flies directly towards the crowd of NAZI ROBOT TROOPERS surrounding the space where Steve Irwin used to stand last turn.

Suddenly sucked up horizontal into the air, four of the politically discredited robots fly towards the intense darkness, and disappear into nothingness as the black hole shoots off through the wall and into the depths of the DinoLair!

”Harrumph,” says Schrödinger’s Cat, as he gently clears his throat and sets to nonchalantly licking the fur on the back of his front right paw.

Being Sucked Into a Black Hole Acquired: ROBOT NAZI TROOPER THREE!
Being Sucked Into a Black Hole Acquired: ROBOT NAZI TROOPER FOUR!
Being Sucked Into a Black Hole Acquired: ROBOT NAZI TROOPER FIVE!
Being Sucked Into a Black Hole Acquired: ROBOT NAZI TROOPER SIX!

FIRE THE WHITE SPEEDO at the biggest group of ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS.

"Tarnation!" cries Davy Crockett, bleeding to death and ignoring the feline destruction before him, whilst still, I think, being carried in the mouth of the circling Archimedian horse and somehow travelling Texaswards – the most American of directions.

"Where are the limbshovings of yesteryear? The Abomination Class has failed me at the final hurdle! Lumithos, I need your aid!"

Davy Crockett starts gyrating his hips suggestively at the sky, and suddenly there is a cracking sound as the solid rock in front of the five or six or seven bowienauts and assembled Beatles splits apart!

”You rang, milord?”

Davy stops seductively thrusting his groin to look curiously about him. He sees no source of this strange reptilian yet somehow educatedly villainous British voice.

"Lumithos?" he thrusts, with a more questioning movement.

”Oh shit!” cries the small hamster staring up at him. ”You’re not DinoHITLER! How can you summ-”

"And you’re not Lumithos?!" shouts Crockett looking down in a fearful rage, desperately trying to halt the pulsing crotch beneath his WHITE SPEEDO.

"You’re…"

”Oh crikey mate!” shouts Steve Irwin, falling over slightly to the left, ”The fiendish Heinrich Hamster, left-hand man of DinoHITLER himself!! Aw mate, you’ve blown it now, Davy! Halt the flamin’ speedo, mate! Stop your bleeding groin, Davy!”

"I can’t stop the groin, Stevo! It’s too strong for me! The WHITE SPEEDO of Lumithos is going all wrong!! Nooooooooooooooooo!"

Multiple blasts of WHITE SPEEDO light flame out of Crockett’s groin area, turning first multi-coloured and then viciously, abhorrently black as they speed towards the crouching and terrified Nazi Hamster, blasting him right between the eyes and then shattering into vast mighty shards of hideous BLACK SPEEDO power that fly through the air, crack, blast, and reduce the last six ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS to crumbled pieces of broken metal.

There’s an explosion.

There’s an impenetrable cloud of Nazi-looking smoke.

As a gentle sound of harmonious vocals and accompanying guitars, bass and drums pierces the evil smoke, the bowienauts are appalled to look upwards and see, as the smoke begins to fade, the shattered pieces of ROBOT NAZI TROOPER levitate into the sky, as if drawn together by some evil and mysterious… GIANT NAZI HAMSTER HEAD?

”Oh crikey mate!” realises Steve Irwin before anyone else, being the expert on wildlife that he is, ”You’ve killed Heinrich Hamster, mate! And you’ve only gone and created a bleeding ROBOT NAZI GIANT HAMSTER with your uncontrollable groin! You doofus, Crockett!”

Steve Irwin is, again, at least on the subject of wildlife, right.

A giant Nazi Hamster Mecha stands towering before them.

Paul McCartney strums a healing chord for Davy Crockett, making him better. All the time.

The heat of battle. The musty smell of testosterone. Blood. Charred metal. Sick. Hamsters… hamsters? The aid of the fickle god Lumithos? It can mean only one thing!

”Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!”

McCartney stares in horror at the abomination standing before them. He stares at the abomination that is his friend. An abomination wounded; sick-covered; travelling ineluctably towards… towards Texas! Towards Texas and freedom! But no!

Davy Crockett’s life is bleeding out onto the floor in a cruel circle drawn by the whims of a possibly imaginary Greek man’s possibly imaginary cat-murdering horse.

”You can’t fall now, our Dave!”

Paul McCartney turns to his recently materialised old companions.

"Hey, boys! Long time no see! Thanks for the Clayboard, Lennon - really came in handy. But I've got a bigger problem now. Why don't you all play something to back my up while Davy gets back on his feet? A one, a two, a one two three…"

There’s an explosion.

An explosion of anti-Nazi rock and roll!

An explosion of Joy!

An explosion… of Davy Crockettness!

With beams of musical healing shooting from Paul McCartney’s magical healing music-mouth, Davy Crockett is blasted with incredible force between the jaws of Archimedes’ horse, who swallows him whole in the shock.

Suddenly the horse flies apart in a terrible incident of unwanted horsemeat!

Davy Crockett emerges!

He’s covered in blood!

But… but… horse blood? He bleeds no more! He grows! He pulses with musical loveliness! He shoots up with giant healingness as far as the ceiling and…

…and is transformed into a terrifying ENORMOCROCKETT! He stands fully as tall as the evil Hamster Mecha who still defies him!

He notices that he is quite tall, and the intuitive thought occurs to him that he has healed thirty nine hit points this turn!

”THANKS, PAUL!” he booms.

”Erm! Crikey!”

Giant Stature Acquired: +1 to being hit; +2 to strength rolls.

Archimedes 1/2: Multiply this squared.

”Interesting,” observes one of the Archimedes.

”Yes,” observes the other.

”Shall we do some maths?”

”That would probably be best, yes.”

”Right-oh!”

”Oh bugger.”

”Hmm.”

The pair of Archimedes weave a deadly and apparently bloodthirty web of magical bonuses! It totally affects everyone in sight!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Paul: +3 Beatle Bonus
Davy: Giant Stature Bonus: +1 to being hit; +2 to strength rolls.
Bowienauts: +2 mathematical to hit bonus.
Enemies: +2 mathematical to hit bonus.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

ENORMOCROCKETT
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Archimedes: Double Heat ray against the closest enemy

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Paul found himself facing down - er, facing up - against a battle between Heinrich Hamster and ENORMOCROCKETT! It looked like this one was up to Davy's texas fist. He pointed his guitar at Heinrich Hamster...

: "Love makes the world go 'round! Or something like that. Er."

...and blasted him with the POWER OF GENTLE LOVING!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Apologize profusely to La.))

Schrödinger’s Cat felt...a disturbance.

Hamsters.

Tussle with the enemy fiends! By that, I mean try to get into that mecha!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"TARNATION!  THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!  HAVE AT YOU, FIEND!"

While moving Texasward still, throw chunks of masonry/enemies/room/anything large at the MECHARODENT!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Giant Nazi Hamster Mecha
« Reply #789 on: April 16, 2013, 09:37:18 am »

THE ASSAULT ON THE DINONEST: TURN TEN!

In the Upper Depths of DinoHITLER’s NastyLair, the gears of a giant Nazi hamster mecha grind into action!

A giant-toothed hamster brain peers out!

He laughs an evil laugh!

”Muhahahahah!”

INTRODUCING: MONK12: HEINRICH HAMSTER THE GIANT NAZI HAMHAM BOT!

Quote from: Steve Irwin
Wrestle another goddamned crocodile

But just as the giant motorised rodent is about to introduce himself, up pops a crazed Australian, chasing a passing crocodile!

He bleeds over it ineffectually, only managing to slightly dampen the poor reptile with his arm-stump for five choking damage!

The angry croc strikes back, leaping up with gaping jaws and luckily only severing Stevo’s face!

”Aw Jesus Christ mates! Crikey! The burning face-pain! Shit!”

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Severed Face!

Delicious delicious cheese.

And I think I'll introduce myself by going Yoko Ono on Paul McCartney's Beatles- Fire Exploding Minions!

”Muhahahahah!” continues Heinrich Hamster, discretely munching on a six foot length of cheese in the gaps between his words.

”As I was saying, I am Heinrich Hamster! Wondrous and Mighty Underling of DinoHITLER! En garde!”

It is hard to tell if he speaks with an English or German accent. He looks around him, surveying his dangerous foes.

”Ach!” he suddenly squeaks, ”Musicians! Everyone knows hamsters can’t abide musicians! Take this!”

His plasmaelectrolaserrocketarm whirring into blue-glowing evil action, Heinrich Hamster shoots a fully automatic burst of a single exploding minion right in John Lennon’s face!

The tiny robotic hamster bounces off Lennon’s nose and drops to the floor with a hollow clunk.

”Ha ha!” cries John Lennon, ”You can’t get me, you evil hamster!”

But then!

The robominion explodes with terrifying fury, severing the feet; they fly off upwards in an arc! They pierce the rib tendon! They shatter the liver fat! They sever the heart!

Lennon passes out from the pain!

”Noooooooo! Not again John!! Not another robodeath!”

”Muhahahahah!” gloats Heinrich Hamster!

ENORMOCROCKETT

While moving Texasward still, throw chunks of masonry/enemies/room/anything large at the MECHARODENT!

In a pool of putrefied horse stands the ENORMOCROCKETT!

No longer able to speak in a normal voice, he cries like the very prairie-thunder itself at the vile rodent death-merchant before him, earnestly ENORMOCROCKETTING as he does so!

"TARNATION! THIS IS MORE LIKE IT! HAVE AT YOU, FIEND! I… AM… ENORMOCROCKETT!"

...He ENORMOCROCKETTS with immense success, healing 11 hit points under the power of McCartney’s tremendous though grief-stricken song and seemingly growing even taller!

"HAHAHA! JUST THE THING BEFORE THROWING A LARGE QUANTITY OF MASONRY OR SOMETHING AT A LARGE MECHAHAMSTER!"

”Careful though Davy! I don’t know how long the overcharged powers of my most excellent song will have an effect! Hopefully you will only shrink to your original size if they cease!”

"HAHAHA! WHAT?!"

Davy briefly ponders, but then moves quickly towards Texas, realising his enormous size means he has an enormous heart which pangs more enormously for his almost equally vast spiritual home! He seizes the nearest piece of falling masonry between his teeth and flings it at Heinrich Hamster’s chest, striking it with the power of a +3 strength bonus! The chest is fractured! It looks quite painful!

Wound Acquired: Heinrich Hamster: Fractured Chest!

Archimedes: Double Heat ray against the closest enemy

Seeing the giant hamster recoil from the strike inspires both Archimedes: they lift up their dresses and quite literally flash at him – with arrays of many leg-mounted mirrors!

The first blast only lightly singes the fringes of his dress; but the second Archimedes, deep underground, sends a burst of concentrated sunlight straight at MechaHamster’s groin! It immediately sets on fire!

Burning Groin Acquired: Heinrich Hamster: Burning Groin!

Tussle with the enemy fiends! By that, I mean try to get into that mecha!

Far below the burning crotch, a small cat senses a disturbance.

Hamsters.

Possibly.

”Miaow!”

With a fearsome miaow, Schrödinger’s Cat throws himself into the air with all his might, bravely bouncing off the armoured leg of Heinrich Hamster!

”Miaow.”

...and blasted him with the POWER OF GENTLE LOVING!

Last up is Paul. Brave Paul McCartney. Sad Paul McCartney. Shorn once more of his song writing heterosexual life partner McCartney.

He stands between the two towering behemoths – mighty and literal symbols of American Freedom versus Burning Nazi Mechanised Rodents.

It’s clear that this fight will be between the Nazi Ham Ham and Davy’s Texas Fist.

But that doesn’t mean ENORMOCROCKETT might not benefit from a little help from his friends…

McCartney points his guitar at the naughty nibbling Nazi.

"Love makes the world go 'round! Or something like that. Er.”

Nothing happens!

"Oh. Er.”

But then the surviving Beatles join in!

The harmony is pleasing to the ear, and softens Heinrich Hamster’s little rodent heart!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Paul: +2 Beatle Bonus
Davy: Giant Stature Bonus: +2 to being hit; +3 to strength rolls.
Bowienauts: +2 mathematical to hit bonus (one more turn).
Enemies: +2 mathematical to hit bonus (one more turn).
Heinrich Hamster: -2 Sadness Penalty to combat rolls (two turns)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Giant Nazi Hamster Mecha
« Reply #790 on: April 16, 2013, 09:47:59 am »

Hm.

Can Crockett vomit at will by thinking about his own face?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 16, 2013, 09:48:12 am »

((Don't I get a +2 beatle bonus to that roll? :P))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 16, 2013, 10:01:18 am »

Texas! With his new giant statue, he should be able to see it from here, once they got back outside!  The thought of his beloved land filled his heart with gladness, and he no longer ached to return there so much- his mind could focus on the task at hand.

That giant... rat?  Well, he had done something similar on a dare in his youth.  This shouldn't be a problem, right?  Just have to get the ears.

"ROBOT RAT, YOU LOOK PRETTY TASTY!"

Wrestle the Hamster down and pin his ears back!  If successful, OM NOM NOM

"IF ONE OF YOU COULD GET SOME BUTTER OR SOMETHING SLICK ON HIM, THAT WOULD HELP TOO!"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:10:26 am by Toaster »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42:08 am »

Need to get higher, no matter if its midsection is covered in volatile flames.

Too many others to fight, not that I ever wanted to in the first place.

Claw at the leg of the largest enemy.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 17, 2013, 02:25:36 am »

Ok - not just a Villain and McCartney bump, but a question - Steve "Talarion" Irwin seems to be slightly absent despite the passing of turns and the sending of PMs.

Shall we:
1 - have him wrestle crocodiles every turn until a) Talarion appears or b) Stevo bleeds to death
2 - replace him with a randomly selected waitlister in suitably dramatic fashion
3 - another option I haven't considered
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60