Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247211 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Thirteen.
« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2012, 06:43:20 am »

Retrieve my brain, then Flying Emu Crocodile Takedown ROBOSTALIN!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Fourteen.
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2012, 06:58:38 am »

TURN FOURTEEN

Paul McCartney raises his guitar once again and…

…once again sings his FROG SONG aka JINGLE FROGS! He commands the frogs to rain down upon ROBOSTALIN.

"I know you lot weren't helpful to me last time,” says McCartney in his singsong Liverpool accent, “But I don't hold it against you. In my mind there's no sorrow, in my soul there’s no regret. So come forth, frogs! Distract ROBO STALIN! Distract him with your hearts of green!"

Standing in the centre of the bowienauts at the eastern bridge end, Paul McCartney raises his guitar above his head, commanding the sky to rain down frogs upon the shining red robot of doom!

Patch up the arm! Use discarded communist bits if needed.

"Oh... everything seems a little... red? Why don't the workers control the means of production?” Davy Crockett begins to angst. “What does that even mean?"

He glances down at his bleeding arm.

"Well, that explains the red!"

...He seems mightily relieved, but something still gnaws at the back of his mind. Something… painful… something… something about the injustice of the plight of the workers! Yes! He makes a mental note to set up a monthly bank transfer to his local frontiersman’s union when he gets back from his current mission and completely forgets about the blood spurting from his hideously wounded forearm.

Idly poking a nearby communist elbow with his non-crockofoot, Crockett muses about the unforgiveable decadence of the intelligentsia before wandering over to join his comrades.

Retrieve my brain, then Flying Emu Crocodile Takedown ROBOSTALIN!

Meanwhile Steve Irwin is still nostalgically yearning after his long lost brain, left lying about on the littered ground of the drop zone’s rubble-filled town square.

”Oh my brain!” he starts to sing, ”My dearest brain!”

I need you to feel mild pain!
Crikey mate! You leapt out my pate!
A brainless life is a sorry fate!
You know I’m not really entirely sure,
Just what bodily functions you were responsible for,
And I’m sorry I left you lying on that Soviet floor,
I would take better care of you if I could see you once more.
Just give me one more chance, oh baby!
But oh my brain! My dearest brain!
Is that you I see before me?
The shock of losing you nearly killed me
Is that you? Can it really be?
My brain is all I need to be happy!
We could be together once again,
My dearest brain, oh my dearest brain!

...Suddenly Stevo sees his severed brain before him! Screaming and wailing his loved one’s name, he jumps to his feet and rushes forwards, leaping over the nearest wall in a desperate attempt to rugby tackle the escaping grey matter! He leaps straight over the parapet of the bridge, into the rushing swirling torrent of the icy Volga beneath!

Stretching out dozens of centipede legs, Steve Irwin’s brain starts swimming away towards the eastern river bank.

Set up the solar laser, lay down suppressive fire and use elemental mechanics (100xfire)xAir+ Robostalin).

Ignoring the fleeing Aussie, Archimedes gets out and sets up his laser mirrors before turning towards the towering ROBOSTALIN and striking an angry pose.

...He forgets the words!

A slight gust of wind ambles quietly past, and Archimedes feels slightly colder than he did a second ago.

Tesla+Bear: CHARGE ROBOSTALIN while firing mighty bolts of SCIENCE LIGHTNING.

Nikola Tesla bursts forwards from the huddle of incompetence to charge bravely forth on his special bear. The bear gallops across the bridge, nimbly dodging the scattered chunks of rubble as it heads valiantly towards the mighty metallic foe of freedom.

Before ROBOSTALIN can form a square, Tesla stands up in his stirrups, and blasts the fiendish dictator with mighty bolts of SCIENCE LIGHTNING! ...Several vast forks of electric fire shoot up towards ROBOSTALIN’S face, appearing to fracture the cheekbone and set it alight!

Wound Acquired: ROBOSTALIN: Burning Cheek!

Just as the lightning ceases, Tesla and the bear reach the feet of the metal monster, and the faithful bear rears up and smacks its legs with his great paws, ...but the force of his blows rebounding off ROBOSTALIN’S communist ROBOARMOUR knocks Tesla off the bear’s back and sends him sprawling to the floor!

Tesla scrambles to his feet, only to glance down at his hands. ...There’s a small piece of used gum stuck to his right hand!

He starts hyper-ventilating.

ROBOSTALIN: Cry about how much your parents hated you and your father never let your try to be a professional ballerina. Remember to try some ballet moves and smash the nearest non-communist.

With your ROBOFISTS!

+1, Beep Beep Boop

“Damn you, father! Why did you hate me so? Mother never let me wear her dresses and you never let me become a ballerina! My friends all mocked me but you never relented! Oh, how I yearn to perform a dainty spin!”

ROBOSTALIN stops crying long enough to attempt a dainty spin, ...but it goes horribly wrong, and he trips up and falls to the floor! The bridge trembles under his considerable weight, and he lands with his head face to face with his arch-nemesis Rasputin!

Well well well.

Rasputin seizes his chance with the fallen ROBOSTALIN before him. He swings a mighty uppercut towards the robotic Soviet, ...but ROBOSTALIN rolls out the way and avoids the blow!

His FISTS OF STEEL being too far away, ROBOSTALIN decides to headbutt the impudent mystic in the eyes, and raises his HEAD OF STEEL to do so.

But suddenly!

...Nigh on twenty thousand frogs fall from the cloudless sky in an anti-communist miracle! They flood the surface of the bridge, they land on Rasputin’s face, they drop on the fallen ROBOSTALIN and nibble upon his toes! They seem to be searching for a way into the armoured suit!

Rolling back and forth in tickled agony, ROBOSTALIN absent-mindedly crushes the parapet of the bridge along with a thousand frogs and a dozen communists, rolling over and over and crashing into the river below! As his burning cheek is extinguished, he immediately jumps to his feet and roars out a terrifying challenge to the bowienauts above!

Rasputin is infuriated, ...and swats a dozen frogs off his chin whilst stomping their hapless friends that swarm about his feet! His boots become sticky with frogbits and frogblood, and the angry frogs begin to turn on him! ...Two frogs jump up and start pecking him on the nose with their sharp pointy teeth!

Suddenly Rasputin’s magnificent beard of power leaps up! It smashes one frog to the floor before grabbing the second and viciously strangling the amphibian assailant! Rasputin’s beard flings the lifeless frog corpse into the river below.

Several of the unarmed communists on the bridge that survived ROBOSTALIN’S fall unsquashed begin to advance on Tesla and Rasputin; another dozen howl out their communist warcry and charge down the battered bridge towards McCartney, Crockett and Archimedes. As they charge, thousands of McCartney’s froggy friends dive off the bridge after ROBOSTALIN like a green waterfall. ROBOSTALIN starts thrashing about in righteous anger as he tries to fend them off!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ROBOSTALIN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

STILL TAKING SUGGESTIONS FOR ROBOSTALIN’S ACTIONS.

ALSO TAKING SUGGESTIONS FOR STEVE IRWIN’S BRAIN’S ACTIONS.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Fourteen.
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:53 am »

Archimedes was thinking. Robostalin was getting away, and their position was coming under heavy fire by the communist forces. Suddenly an idea sprung up. The carrying capacity of an object submerged in water is equal to the difference in density of both the water and... Accounting for our mass, and the impact...  I have an idea, guys. You take the east side, I'll do the West. Cut the bridge loose.
Saying that, he aims his solar laser and begins to cut the bridge between him and the communists, aiming to burn some of them and then jump onto it when it breaks loose.

Cut the bridge loose, turn it into a boat.

((Also, where the hell are the Allied forces when you need them.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:53:01 am by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2012, 07:14:13 am »

ROBOSTALIN: Enough is enough. Strike goofy giant robot poses like that of japanese live-action movies, craft a nunchuck of the frogs and exhibit your martial prowess by spinning it around and being generally awesome. Proceed to go Bruce Lee on the enemies.

Steve Irwin's brain: Get out a surf board from nowhere hammerspace and ride the green wave dude! Start to speak in stereotypical surfers' lingo, because that's totally rad!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:15:53 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2012, 07:15:46 am »

ROBOSTALIN: Enough is enough. Strike goofy giant robot poses like that of japanese live-action movies, craft a nunchuck of the frogs and exhibit your martial prowess by spinning it around and being generally awesome.

Steve Irwin's brain: Get out a surf board from nowhere and ride the green wave dude! Start to talk in stereotypical surfers' lingo, because that's totally rad!

Both:Then ponder the reason of your existence and suffer from existitial uncertainity.

Btw: Tesla took his own bear to act as a back up static electricity generator.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:18:06 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2012, 08:11:51 am »

What Caellath ROBOSTALIN's Subconscious said!

Also, the map perfectly depicts what is going on.

Perfectly.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2012, 08:16:10 am »

"CRIKEY MAAAATTE! MY BRAAAAAIIINNNN!!!" As Stevo dived after it!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2012, 08:21:04 am »

Crockett tried to recall the words of The Internationale, which was fairly difficult since he had never actually heard of it.  He heard Archimedes shouting something beside him.

"What's that?  Cut the bridge?  It's a symbol of the oppression of the masses?  Okay!"

Fire a HE shell at the other side of the bridge to cut it loose!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:02 am »

WHOA SNAP ITS SOME FAAAAANAAAAART

Paul McCartney, watching RoboSTALIN fall off the bridge and into the water, saw a great opportunity. Though he didn't have time to compose a tune, he made a mad dash past the communists and Davy Crockett as he sang a catchy tune he could have sworn he heard playing in the Timelord's space infirmary!

"My heart is like an open highway,
Like Bowie says, you fight your own way
I just wanna live to see the light
'Cause it's my life"

"It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live to see the light"

He leapt off the bridge in RoboSTALIN's direction, guitar held high!

"This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Davy and Irwin, who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder, make no mistake
But I think life's still living, gotta make your own breaks"

"It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live to see the light"

"I will avenge you, John Lennon!"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:43:00 pm by freeformschooler »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57:21 am »

:o
That is just genuinly awesome. Applaud. Standing Ovation

((Btw, Iawa, do you give awesomness bonusses?))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2012, 11:00:19 am »

Thanks 10e10! I don't think I've drawn any of the Bowienauts yet, so that was fun.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2012, 11:09:08 am »

Robo-Stalin fell from the bridge, and landed in the water, chips of red paint flying off his chassis and tainting the water a dark red. His gears grumbling and cranking as he got up, he prepared to engage his robo-rockets, however, a musician suddenly apppeared above him, appearing as a black spot against the endless blue sky. "COME ON!" he cried, raising both of his cold red fists into the air, preparing to catch the motion blurring hippy and destroy him.

((Because Tesla wants to turn the communists symbol against them, and reduce their morale))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2012, 11:11:46 am »

Why is it that I always keep reading that last sentence as: "I will avenge you, John Lemon!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:01 pm »

Oh God, gum! That used to be in someone's mouth!
Viciously scrub my hands, face, and the bear's face.

I was planning on using my electric hands on ROBOSTALIN, but my 4th wall senses tell me that jumping into the river after him is a bad idea.
(Also, slight error possibly, I don't think I'm currently bear-mounted.)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:02 am »

"CRIKEY MAAAATTE! MY BRAAAAAIIINNNN!!!" As Stevo dived after it!

Because apparently this isn't clear enough for La...

Steve Irwin dives after his brain trying to catch it!

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60