Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247244 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Seven.
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »

((Another succesfull procedure))

Enter the closest building and head to the roof. I want to see the Nazis/communists coming.

((Do you think someone would call down an artillery barrage on this location. After all, we weren't that stealthy.))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:15:28 pm by 10ebbor10 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

"Oh, boy. We're all beat up, aren't we, boys? That Archimedes fellow looks like he's heading somewhere else, but I guess those of us who'll stay behind to heal could use a few words of wisdom, hmm?

Paul strums his guitar and sings another soothing and hopefully healing song for all who stick around!

"When I find myself in trouble
David Bowie comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

And in our hour of darkness
Ol' Marcus looks down on us

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of courage
Words of wisdom, let it be"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2012, 08:44:44 pm »

Take cover, men!  It's an Alamo situation coming up here!"

Take cover from a good sniping vantage point and pick off any reds trying to approach.

I could always use my Tennessee medical skills to fashion Stevo a new ear!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »

Name: William Shatner, Actor Extraordinaire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:39:00 am by Spinal_Taper »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »

Attempt to patch myself up
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Eight.
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »

TURN EIGHT

Attempt to patch myself up

...Steve Irwin doesn't notice that Archimedes of Syracuse has run off with his Chinese medkit! He tries to patch himself up! He fails! He doesn't lose any limbs though.

Maybe next time!

Paul strums his guitar and sings another soothing and hopefully healing song for all who stick around!

"Oh, boy. We're all beat up, aren't we, boys?” says Paul McCartney to his gathered comrades. “That Archimedes fellow looks like he's heading somewhere else, but I guess those of us who'll stay behind to heal could use a few words of wisdom, hmm?”

Paul swings his guitar round from behind his back and plays a couple of notes to get his bearing.

"When I find myself in times of trouble
David Bowie comes to me

And in our hour of darkness
Ol' Marcus looks down on us

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of courage
Words of wisdom, let it be!"

...As the song ceases and distant gunfire fills the silence, Paul feels moderately better! Almost as if re-filled with a randomly decided amount of blood! Stevo doesn't seem to dig Paul's tunes though, remaining despondently in the corner trying to fashion a bandage out of a nearby burnt brick.

Take cover from a good sniping vantage point and pick off any reds trying to approach.

Davy, though, looks like he totally digs Paul's tunes! He gets up, ready to dance!

Take cover, men!” he suddenly cries, in fact, “It's an Alamo situation coming up here!"

...Davy Crockett rushes in Archimedes' direction, into the nearest building and running up the stairs several at a time, finding himself a good concealed position behind the remains of a small wall at the top of the building. He starts to hum to himself as he scans the horizon and spots the Greek posted at the next corner along.

Suddenly the sky briefly darkens, bullets fly all around, and Davy hears a scream!

Enter the closest building and head to the roof. I want to see the Nazis/communists coming.

Archimedes wants to see them coming, so he strolls into the nearest building and heads up to the roof. He looks about, shielding his eyes from the burning midnight Soviet moon. Just as he notices several dinoPANZERS approaching over the horizon he sees movement out of he corner of his eye!

He jumps round to see, to his relief, Davy Crockett join him on the rooftop.

But suddenly bullets fly all around, cases exploding down on the roof, and a dark shadow passes over the two bowienauts as the roof begins to disintegrate!

...When the explosions stop and Davy gets to his feet, he sees the helpless Archimedes of Syracuse being carried away by a vast pteroschmitt! It looks like the luftosaur is coming round for a second strafe!

“Lads!” shouts Davy Crockett. “Archy's been carried off by some kind of vast pteroschmitt! He's OH GOOD LORD THE NAZI BEAST IS COMING ROUND FOR ANOTHER RUN! Hit the dirt!”

“Davy!” shouts back McCartney. “We don't have time for your strange beasts! We got contact at 12 o'clock! Three dinoPANZERS two hundred metres away and closing!”

“Metres?” asks Davy. “Are they communists?”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Eight.
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2012, 04:30:56 pm »

Go Pteroschmitt! \o/

...Er...I mean Bowienauts, of course.

Edit: You are welcome.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:36:10 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2012, 04:37:15 pm »

I agree with Caelleth. I want in dammit.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2012, 05:23:37 pm »

"Ol' Archimedes is more important than those tanks. You boys focus on getting him down somehow! I'll distract the Jurassic PANZERs with my secret weapon."

Paul McCartney plays his secret FROG CHORUS SONG!

Falling from the sky
Green raindrops, oh my
My frog chorus is here
To bring musical cheer!

Quickly they arrive
Singing frogs alive
Now I command you, frog chorus
Distract our foes for us!

Singing frogs
Singing frogs
Raining from above
Oh what fun it is to rhyme
On a blazing battlefield, hey!

Singing frogs
Singing frogs
Raining from above
As you hop on foes for us!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:28:43 pm by freeformschooler »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:12 pm »

Yeah Luftosaur, whoo! Er, also, democracy, freedom, etc.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2012, 10:47:13 pm »

The logical course of action, here, would be to use my ranged bonus to skeet shoot the luftosaur out of the sky.  I should be able to ground him, getting Archi to safety and allowing Stevo to use his reptile skills (since dinos are reptiles) against the no longer airborne threat.

On the other hand, I just kicked a tank into a giant nazi robot.

Hop off the building, grab Stevo by the collar, and OHIO LEAP onto the pteroschmitt!  Assist Stevo with subduing it!

Tal, might I suggest wrestling it into submission so we have not only a mount but a potential escape route?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:10 am »

Orbital doom from above. Use the solar laser on the Dinotanks. Use Elemental mathematics to assist myself in landing if that pterosaur somehow can't carry 3 people.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2012, 01:03:24 am »

Was going to tackle it out of the sky, cause I'm Steve Irwin mate, but okay.

Wrestle that luftosaur into submission! Tame it for my own usage, with the help of Davy.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Nine.
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2012, 05:49:30 am »

TURN NINE

Paul McCartney plays his secret FROG CHORUS SONG!

"Ol' Archimedes is more important than those tanks. You boys focus on getting him down somehow! I'll distract the JurassoPANZERs with my secret weapon!"

Paul McCartney gets out his acoustic guitar!

Falling from the sky
Green raindrops, oh my
My frog chorus is here
To bring musical cheer!

Quickly they arrive
Singing frogs alive
Now I command you, frog chorus
Distract our foes for us!

Singing frogs
Singing frogs
Raining from above
On a blazing battlefield, hey!

Singing frogs
Singing frogs
Raining from above
As you hop on foes for us!

...As Paul comes to the end of his inspiring ditty, the sky darkens once more! It turns a hint of dark grey-green as a cloud passes overhead, and thousands of frogs rain down upon the ground! They venerate McCartney with extreme prejudice, falling to the ground before hopping up to his face and giving it a good hard lick, crowding up upon each other until the force of the adoring mass of amphibian knocks the Last Beatle to the ground! In their passionate idolisation of the famous musician the frogs start to inadvertently trample the poor man, and he begins to struggle to breathe! He starts to swim upwards and outwards of the slimy green ball pit, but then as he gasps for air a frog lodges itself in his mouth!

Hop off the building, grab Stevo by the collar, and OHIO LEAP onto the pteroschmitt!  Assist Stevo with subduing it!

...Hopping off the three story building, Davy Crockett cuts his manly chest!

Wound Acquired: Davy Crockett: Light Chest Bleeding

“Hmm,” he mumbles to himself, landing next to Steve Irwin. “That was… less serious than it could have been. Here, Stevo!” he announces loudly, “Let’s subdue that damn Nazi luftosaur! He’s carrying away our ancient Greek philosopher!”

...Davy grabs the startled Aussie by the collar and then uses his terrifying mental strength to picture the air as if filled with water: with water the very same colour and consistency as the mighty Ohio! He wades forth into the air, blasting through the firmament with Steve Irwin dangling beneath him, trailing blood from his manly waxed chest as he blazes an interception course towards the pterowaffic kidnapper!

...Davy Crockett flies upwards at such speed the pteroschmitt is unable to react! He continues up to the apex of his jump, flinging Steve Irwin onto the neck of the Nazi dinosaur before leaping through the air onto the fiend’s Nazi dinosaur head!

Davy Crockett starts assisting Steve with subduing the Nazi dinosaur, elbowing it in the face and punching its eyes!

Wrestle that luftosaur into submission! Tame it for my own usage, with the help of Davy.

Flung into the sky by Davy Crockett’s mighty mental fortitude, Steve “Stevo” Irwin suddenly finds himself clinging to the neck of a foul Nazi dinosaur! He gets it in a headlock and starts kneeing it in the ribs in a vaguely erotic fashion!

“D’yer give in? D’yer give in? Come on, you beauty! You’re a feisty one, eh! Oh, crikey mates! I think the pteroschmitt has lost control of himself! He’s going into a dive! I don’t know if the wings can handle it!”

...Stevo climbs further up the luftosaur’s neck like an Aussie National Hero shimmying up a coconut tree, and finally reaches its head! He leans in close, and whispers something into the dinosaur’s ear! He leans back, grabbing the fiend by its chin, and finally manages to wrestle the craft out of its dive, flying down low over the frog-stricken McCartney before looping up and getting into a steady climb!

Mount Acquired! Steve Irwin: Subdued Nazi Pteroschmitt. ...Six turns remaining.

Orbital doom from above. Use the solar laser on the Dinotanks. Use Elemental mathematics to assist myself in landing if that pterosaur somehow can't carry 3 people.

Archimedes wails through the air underneath the giant Nazi pterodactyl cyborg beast, his splendorous although if I remember correctly rather soiled robes flowing in the wind about him. All of a sudden he feels a strong manly hand about his shoulders, and he finds himself being hauled on to the back of the pteroschmitt to find himself face to face with Davy Crockett!

...He immediately sets up his sun ray mirrors on the back of the flying Nazi dinosaur, readying them for action next turn!

Whilst aiming his mirrors, he sees the dinoPANZERS advance: they start raining shells down upon Paul McCartney’s position! Bits of frog fly in all directions! He is still submerged in writhing living frog flesh though.

Wound Acquired: Paul McCartney: Light Head Wound!

As the trio of Nazi armed beasts approach on the hapless Beatle, they are suddenly distracted, and veer hard to their left!

The frog-covered McCartney can see nothing, but the bowienauts cruising above on the subdued Nazi dinosaur see flashes of lightning! They see a man hurling balls of fire! They see a man with some kind of electrical contraption strapped to the head of a giant charging polar bear! As he stands on the back of the polar bear to pose with his hands apparently on fire, the Nazi tank nearest him bursts into electrical flame, and the dinohead atop its turret keels over and groans to death!

Lightning dances in the air!

INTRODUCING: SPECIAL GUEST STAR!

NIKOLA TESLA: VISIONARY OCD SCIENTIST AND LIGHTNING LOVER!

Suddenly, the Special Guest Star’s thunder is not quite literally stolen when the Magnificent Timelord interrupts his polar bear mounted posing!

”Hey chaps. ‘Sup? We seem to be picking up readings which suggest that ROBOSTALIN is currently bogged down on a bridge to the north east of your position. He is heavily under attack by Nazi foot troopers and is locked in hand to hand combat, but his power readings seem to be growing as he fights: you need to get there before he reaches preposterous proportions and before he gathers more unarmed communists about him! We are also picking up radio chatter about a terrible foe fighting many unarmed communists to death: we can’t tell what it is yet, but I advise caution. Oh yeah, also, there seems to be some sort of time anomaly going on in your immediate vicinity, so let us know if you see something strange going on. It’s hard to tell with these kinds of things if they are beneficial or totally hostile even though at first they might seem like totally sweet allies. Anyway. Over and out dudes.”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
Mount Acquired! Steve Irwin: Subdued Nazi Pteroschmitt. Six turns remaining.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Nine.
« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2012, 08:05:24 am »

I think we should head straight for the boss fight once McCartney's not under direct threat.

"Good show, men!  Let's get these metal beasts and meet our target!"

Provide covering fire for anyone assaulting the dinoPANZERs.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but the meter line from last turn was hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60