Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires carry no backpacks!  (Read 1690 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampires carry no backpacks!
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:57 am »

I have started a fresh new human outsider. Teleported naked to a village square, as usual. Mission priorities - 1) get armor 2) get henchmen 3) get out!

I have entered what seemed a local tavern. Few friendly folks scattered around, an architect, a soapmaker, a lasher and a spearman which I promptly hired (adventure? Hic... let's go!). Then I noticed a serpent man in the corner. I decided to chat with him a bit:

"Hello ssssstranger, I am a woodworker of CCCCCCelebrated Nationsssss"
"A woodworker, really? Well, sir, you look like a snake to me. A vampiric snake, to be precise."
"Pessssstilent pessst! I am Smesp Assubodsa, and I will kill you all."
"Help, help, heeeeeellppppp!"

My hero did not wait for the monstrous woodworker to reach for his favorite woodworking tool, and darted to the door. The second later, the room turned into a mess. Startled villages still stared in disbelief ("Ol' Smesp a vampire? How could we know?"), while smesp drew his carving knife with an inhuman speed and slash-slash, the architect was suddenly on the floor, blood spraying from the stump of his leg, and a glassworker was bleeding from several cuts. Then the people came to their senses and jumped the vampire - bloody mess of waving knives, clubs and hammers, with blood splatters and sickly smell everywhere. All of a sudden, in a dreamy slow motion, an unknown child flew through the room, landing in the opposite corner.

My two fresh recruits reacted with unexpected cool professionalism. The lasher raised his silver whip/lightsaber and the spearman approached the fighters from an angle. Suddenly, a few more villagers fell to the uncanny vampire, the whip lashed into the opening, fracturing vampire's hand, and when the angry beast turned to punish his tormentor, the spearman ran him through with his flimsy looking copper spear. The vampire fell, and in this moment, his left hand opened - and dozens and dozens of sickly jewellery pieces made from human bodyparts clattered to the floor. Crowns from human teeth, rings from human hair, bracelets from nails. Having no backpack, he just carried them in his left hand all the time.

The fight, however, was far from over, since the beast still lived, and it took many blows, stabs, cuts and thumps to beat life out of its broken body. My hero was not paying attention, though, he was busy licking Smesp's blood from the dirty tavern floor. Power, immortality, glory, everlasting life, limitless possibilities - all that in a few drops of sickly red fluid.... But that was another story.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:27:16 am by Kamamura »
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires carry no backpacks!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:56:51 am »

I laughed, I cried.
Would read again
A gem-encrusted sock is perfect for ass-kicking.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:59:42 am »

When watching the combat, I witnessed an infection of one of the villagers. A glassworker was bitten in the leg by the vampire, and there was a blue message that her blood is infected. After the fight, he stumbled out of the tavern, and fell over to the ground after a while. There was a message that she is completely paralyzed - she just lies there, nobody cares. I am still undecided what to do with her. If my character turns into a vampire too, they could be a nice couple.

Edit: I was wrong, it was just a serpent venom. The glassworker just turned green and died. What a disappointment.

BTW the child is completely unharmed. Physically, that is.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:33:59 am by Kamamura »
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:07:40 am »

Hold on. You can become a vampire by drinking the blood of one?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:08:20 am »

I laughed, I cried.
Would read again

Dis
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:35 am »

Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:35:00 am »

Hold on. You can become a vampire by drinking the blood of one?

I believe so. At least I read reports here indicating it's possible.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 11:54:42 am »

Yes, you can. I did so two times already. Simply drink some vampire blood and you become one. Which means: You don`t need to eat or sleep, you won`t heal and your wounds will heal even faster. I also think your strength etc. will be increased. The only problem is that you will have to drink blood. Is easy, but i never managed to get the thirst away, even when drinking as much blood as possible.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:41 pm »

Yes, I think I have become a vampire. My description lists weird things, like my eyes have small irises, etc. I had a fight with bandits, and all by companions died rather quickly. I managed to kill all the enemies including their captain, who was a vampire too (once slain, dozens of dwarven bodyparts relics fell from her hands). However, one pikeman got lucky and broke my motor nerves in right hand. Everything healed rather quickly, but the hand is useless.

Getting blood is no problem, even though I have no container and no backpack, I am constanly covered by blood splatters and they are drinkable. But I no longer ever become hungry or thirsty, ever.

However, the game broke down to a strange, psychadelic state - I can no longer see sun and moon panel, and if I use the W shortcut, it says both moon and sun are high. The towns have disappeared, though they are still town maps, and roads and bridges, all the people and houses are gone. Weird.

I have decided to retire as a peasant since I cannot report my victories anyway.

The game definitely needs some debugging.

Edit: Just checked Legends, the vampire Smesp was slain by that poor glassworker who later suffocated from his poison. Here boning knife did the kill. What a drama.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:49:29 pm by Kamamura »

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 01:01:10 pm »

Yes, you can. I did so two times already. Simply drink some vampire blood and you become one. Which means: You don`t need to eat or sleep, you won`t heal and your wounds will heal even faster. I also think your strength etc. will be increased. The only problem is that you will have to drink blood. Is easy, but i never managed to get the thirst away, even when drinking as much blood as possible.
'
Approach an unconcious being and hit 'e', then select 'suck such and such's blood'
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 03:01:44 pm »

as vampire you musn't drink blood splatter, to quench your thirst you have to approach an uncoscious fella and press "e" then you'll have a bonus option "drink from +fella+" also it won't kill them asap, i usually greb the throat of an enemie and chocke him a little, then i bite his neck to open an artery and then i drink him dry....
buahaha, also i never killed a innocent, bandits and wolves are my main source of food
buahahah part 2
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.