Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: In Persuit of Terror  (Read 27063 times)

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Persuit of Terror
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »

Alright, lemme revise that question: Why didn't you dig to the bowels of the earth, and bring up the MAAGMAAAAAAAAAA which could save the lives of those foolish, foolish beard-minions who so desperately needed their sole savior, the red, glowy, hot one?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2012, 10:05:21 pm »

Alright, lemme revise that question: Why didn't you dig to the bowels of the earth, and bring up the MAAGMAAAAAAAAAA which could save the lives of those foolish, foolish beard-minions who so desperately needed their sole savior, the red, glowy, hot one?
When you soak a zombie in magma you just piss it off. Also, you make it on fire. Fiery zombies are significantly more terrible than the regular kind.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »

When you soak a zombie in magma you just piss it off. Also, you make it on fire. Fiery zombies are significantly more terrible than the regular kind.
I'm PRETTY sure if Magma could melt stone, it can melt zombies. Not just set them on fire. This isn't a flamethrower, this is MAAGMAAAAAAAAAA
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 10:08:00 pm »

I'm PRETTY sure if Magma could melt stone, it can melt zombies. Not just set them on fire. This isn't a flamethrower, this is MAAGMAAAAAAAAAA
I'm not talking in hypotheticals, I reanimated a human corpse in the arena and filled it's chamber with magma about five minutes ago. He's still just a pissed off fiery zombie.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »

Alright, second stage: Use the Magma with water to create an Obsidian-Cast Zombie.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 10:12:43 pm »

Encountered bug: The reclaim had an unfinished butcher's shop.  I'm getting endless "The dwarves were unable to complete the Butcher's Shop." spam.  Like really, my announcement page is packed with x221 and x457 of these in quick order.

Abandoning, gonna make a brand new embark with my new knowledge and less existing corpses.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:30 pm »

I'm on the original embark, changed the graphics (i'm too picky!).  Found magma! 15z down from the surface, 50 west from the original downward shaft.  First cavern is only 6z down.  Currently stuck underground so towercaps are required... if only there weren't scary things in the cavern :(

Walled away the grazing animals before they die and turn into zombies.

Desperately need to get magma forges up to make weapons & armor.  Then we take back the surface!
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 10:32:33 pm »

My resolved plan failed when the militia commander became exhausted in a pool and was being permastrangled by 4 Thrip Corpses or somesuch.  Gonna take a break and a fresh stab.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 10:37:16 pm »

My resolved plan failed when the militia commander became exhausted in a pool and was being permastrangled by 4 Thrip Corpses or somesuch.  Gonna take a break and a fresh stab.
Is the Land of Terrifying Evils too evil even for Girly Science powers? Stay tuned, true believers!

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »

Poor militia commander  :'( I'm loving the zombie battles though.  Could you imagine doing this with only surface living allowed? yikes!
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 10:40:06 pm »

Nope, just getting to that point where a buggy shop annoys me, then something else muddles up, and I just get annoyed by it all and take a step back.  As I said, a fresh stab awaits, and my initial results were very promising, so I know I'm on the right track.

NINJA: Very soon I plan to undertake a surface fort with zombies.  If this embark is playing right, I'll do it here and show you all how it's done.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

I'm not talking in hypotheticals, I reanimated a human corpse in the arena and filled it's chamber with magma about five minutes ago. He's still just a pissed off fiery zombie.

Quick question how did you make an arena necromancer, I can't seem to change anything's undead type.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »

Quick question how did you make an arena necromancer, I can't seem to change anything's undead type.
The Witcher mod adds a caste of human that has reanimate dead as a natural ability.

ON TOPICNESS!

I've found another pretty metal embark, two different biomes both wicked evil. One has wormy tendrils and eyeball grass but the larger one is normal. One has rain that turns you into a Execrable Husk Thrall the other has a deadly cloud that turns you into a Smoke Zombie.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:17 pm »

I'm having a surprising amount of trouble with resurrecting zombies, actually.  Seems I'll have to get serious about this...  I'm starting to suspect more and more that the issue isn't with your stopping power, but rather what you do with the corpses.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

I'm having a surprising amount of trouble with resurrecting zombies, actually.  Seems I'll have to get serious about this...  I'm starting to suspect more and more that the issue isn't with your stopping power, but rather what you do with the corpses.
Do not fight the zombies, it's hopeless. Get away from them and build a fort from the inside out. When you are many and they are few, that's when the revenge starts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8