Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: In Persuit of Terror  (Read 27065 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Persuit of Terror
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

I've had no trouble finding zombies with the following settings:

small island
number of evil zones in small area: 3
in medium area:1
in large area:1

Makes huge swaths of land evil, and a few different lands to pick from
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »

My problem would be avoiding being killed by zombies long enough for the evil mist or rain to even become a practical obstacle to success. My starting seven get rushed by a gang of zombie animal people, like, immediately, scattering them to the far corners of the map where they are quickly overwhelmed and killed. Any of said zombie-animal-men whom my dwarves manage to kill just get back up and keep murdering dwarves, and the dead dwarves also get back up and commence to murdering dwarves as well. You guys who appear to have established semi-stable forts in Evil Land, how did you do it?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »

Evil areas are very strange sometimes. I once embarked on one with living animals, grass and trees but clouds plagued the land. I later embarked on one with zombies, dead everythings but no clouds.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 06:48:16 pm »

My problem would be avoiding being killed by zombies long enough for the evil mist or rain to even become a practical obstacle to success. My starting seven get rushed by a gang of zombie animal people, like, immediately, scattering them to the far corners of the map where they are quickly overwhelmed and killed. Any of said zombie-animal-men whom my dwarves manage to kill just get back up and keep murdering dwarves, and the dead dwarves also get back up and commence to murdering dwarves as well. You guys who appear to have established semi-stable forts in Evil Land, how did you do it?
I initially thought that the key would be heavilly armed dwarves, don't bother. Bring a small amount of food and seeds and just enough picks and axes to get your starting 7 working. As soon as you embark dig down and make a small area to designate as a temporary all purpose stockpile. After all your stuff is inside cannibalize the wagon and then depending on how hot it is either build a floor hatch over your entrance or just put a pillar where the staircase was. Your only goal is to get your little homies below ground.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 06:55:27 pm »

I just had my first evil embark.  I was hoping for a cool rain, and brought some logs with me to toss up a quickie gazebo around my cart.  So I get there- and the place looks pretty cool.  So I start setting up, when I realize... there are these pools of slime all over the place.  It's just piling up, and- oh holy crap! 

It was raining as soon as I arrived- I never got the message, because it didn't start after I was there, I just arrived in the weather- my dwarves were all exposed from moment one.  So much for prevention, just had to hope it wouldn't be too bad...  Well, okay... everything seems fine.  They're just.. oozing pus from the blisters covering every inch of their bodies.  Nothing ser-OHGODTHEY'REBLIND!  WHAT?  WHAT?!? URIST MCEVERYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING?!?!  MY FORTRESS HAS CRUMBLED TO ITS END?!?!?

This biome... it's... it's made of !!fun!!.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:00:35 pm by Randy Gnoman »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 07:29:34 pm »

I just had my first evil embark.  I was hoping for a cool rain, and brought some logs with me to toss up a quickie gazebo around my cart.  So I get there- and the place looks pretty cool.  So I start setting up, when I realize... there are these pools of slime all over the place.  It's just piling up, and- oh holy crap! 

It was raining as soon as I arrived- I never got the message, because it didn't start after I was there, I just arrived in the weather- my dwarves were all exposed from moment one.  So much for prevention, just had to hope it wouldn't be too bad...  Well, okay... everything seems fine.  They're just.. oozing pus from the blisters covering every inch of their bodies.  Nothing ser-OHGODTHEY'REBLIND!  WHAT?  WHAT?!? URIST MCEVERYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING?!?!  MY FORTRESS HAS CRUMBLED TO ITS END?!?!?

"Urist are you sure this rain is-"
"Oh, totally safe"
"Then why can I only experience pain now?"
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »

So much for striking the earth :(

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

I want that embark!  My goal here is to embark on the worst plot of HFS-on-Earth I can find, and survive the hell out of it.

My wishlist is 1: Evil Rain, 2: Evil Soot/Most/Etc, 3: Corpse Raising, 4: Wiggly Grass if possible.  On a flat, non-acquifer embark.  If someone can find this for me using vanilla raws (can remove aquifers) then I'll begin the series of failed survival attempts.  Advanced Worldgen is encouraged.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:03:48 pm »

I want that embark!  My goal here is to embark on the worst plot of HFS-on-Earth I can find, and survive the hell out of it.

My wishlist is 1: Evil Rain, 2: Evil Soot/Most/Etc, 3: Corpse Raising, 4: Wiggly Grass if possible.  On a flat, non-acquifer embark.  If someone can find this for me using vanilla raws (can remove aquifers) then I'll begin the series of failed survival attempts.  Advanced Worldgen is encouraged.
I've got it but you don't want it. The rain is fatal and blocks off half of the map, it's for all purposes impossible for anyone to migrate or caravans to come.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »

Let's do this!  Post it and everyone embark by 9pm EST.  Submit your horror report afterwards.
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 08:33:01 pm »

I've got it but you don't want it. The rain is fatal and blocks off half of the map.
I weaponized children.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »

I've got it but you don't want it. The rain is fatal and blocks off half of the map.
I weaponized children.
I want to grow wild strawberries ALL OVER THAT MAP.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

I weaponized children.
I don't doubt that your powers are strong but the half of the map it blocks is the one migrants and mercheants enter. Only 3 out of the last 100 migrants have survived. Two were children, one killed himself immediately. I have nine dwarves -two of which are children- and one hundred and sixty zombies. It's not a fortress so much as a bomb shelter. I also don't have eyeball grass.

Still, I'll post the stuff but I doubt it's useable. Also I don't know how to upload stuff.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 08:56:03 pm »

Oh, man, this is an AWESOME idea!
What EXACTLY does the rain do?! Does it rot off the skin? Melt the fat? IS IT AN ALTERNATIVE TO SCALDING YOUR DWARVES WITH MAGMA-MIST?!?!
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 08:56:57 pm »

Embark and find out.  Let there be science.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8