Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: Total Mayhem v. 0.34.07_1 (5/2/2012)  (Read 13556 times)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Total Mayhem v. 0.34.07_1 (5/2/2012)
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »

Okay, the new version is up!

As I stated in the official website, this release turned out to be first step in entity/item overhaul. So far the attributes of each entity creature has been checked and altered as well as size of gnolls, vikings and githyanki. As for the items, so far I have redistributed weapons and toys, which isn't much. Just note that, while all the weapons have been renamed, those are identical in terms of battle. So human battle axe works as well as dwarven battle axe. I'm going to check the item attributes later.

And the change log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Rocks can be used in jewelry. This is a bug with vanilla DF, not with the mod.

Thats not a Vanilla DF bug nor this mod bug. Rock "gems" have different cuts than real gems.

So it's actually intended that jewelers can cut rocks and use those in encrusting?

I have an idea/suggestion for a stealthy type creature
Like a pale blue leathery skinned cheetah in base body and size, it has hard chttinous fins (they dont move there like a sheild attached to him all over his body) placed on parts of its body making its genral structure much more streamlined where the head of the cheetah would be there isnt there is a large snapping mouth with needle like teeth, they have long powerful tales with large spikes of chitin at the end they have long razor shrp nails that can rip out organs and lop of limbs, they have streamlined bodies that moves delicately through the wind with great speed and stealth they have two powers, stealth-They go into sneak mode even when they can be seen 30 recharge and leap- they dive into there target and can go up or down a z level if they crash into an enemy ussually dealing decent damage and knocking the opponent down 10 recharge- And yes they are very badass

Man, you should really use periods while writing, I actually had to read that post several times before I grasped what you were looking for.

Now, while the idea is good, I think only 70% of what you are suggesting is actually possible and only 30% is inside my modding skills. So right now I think I'm not adding this creature but I will make some notes in case it becomes plausible at some point. Besides, right now I'm focusing more to entity creatures and balancing those so I don't think I'm gonna add new creatures right now anyway. But thanks for the suggestions.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 06:28:34 am »

Sorry about my poor forum posting abilaties  :(
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 08:30:14 am »

Will there be any further updates to this mod?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »

I think thats a no. Too bad, hoped it'll be ready for the update... but it isn't even .11

are there similar projects?
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Espuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2014, 06:04:53 am »

Masterwork is pretty much this, I guess?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 08:43:11 pm »

Do you have rock weaponry like the ones in DFA?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 2 [3]