Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is unusual.  (Read 1112 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
This is unusual.
« on: February 16, 2012, 05:54:35 am »

So, here I am, in adventure mode, going around a fortress' central building. First thing I notice, Olm Woman Law-Giver on the first floor. "Interesting." I thought.

Then I walked up the stairs. Another one, but this time she's immediately hostile. I run down the stairs and my companions and the other Olm Woman kills her.

I notice the MASSIVE amount of crap on her, so I decided to check legends.

And then I see it. A Vampire Olm Woman.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, let's sum up her life:

Neslane Beresimowe is born in 163 from unknown parents. At the age of 27 she leaves the caverns somehow, and somehow becomes friends with the humans. And became a warlord. Then,at age 35, she starts worrying about her life, so she goes to a shrine to dragons and profanes it, being cursed into a vampire. Then, after 10 years of being a vampire, she becomes a member of some unimportant people with an ironic name. After 33 years of killing over a thousand and a half people, she finally gets caught and leaves in a flash. She then, all within in one year, uses her vampiric powers to become a Law-Giver after becoming the member of a new civ. She then moved somewhere else, and created the position of lord three times over 3 years. Finally, before she could do so again, an utterly blood soaked adventurer (me), that smells of slain vampire blood, came up into her room. She lunges at the adventurer as he backs off in confusion and runs down the stairs. His companions and another Olm Woman, seeing the aggression and her vampire teeth, charge and try to save him, quickly bringing her life to a bitter end at the age of 87.

Only in Dwarf Fortress.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: This is unusual.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:36 am »