Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wounded dwarves dying of thirst  (Read 1151 times)

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
wounded dwarves dying of thirst
« on: December 13, 2007, 04:42:00 pm »

I'm playing on a temperate map, and one of my soldiers got a broken foot in a sparring session. It's winter, and all the pools are frozen. No pools=no water source. He's slowly dying of thirst.

Ideas?

Also, no magma, and no river.  :(

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: wounded dwarves dying of thirst
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »

That's why you make a water pit in your fortress if on a freezing map. If you cant do anything to help him you *could* use heal.exe to fix him up good and new, but that's if you have no way to do it without cheating.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: wounded dwarves dying of thirst
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

Water stored undergound doesn't freeze, so get some water underground before winter and you will be ok.

This advice may be too late.

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday