Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions regarding the Arena  (Read 618 times)

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions regarding the Arena
« on: February 15, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »

I have a few questions to do with the workings of the arena, since the info on the wiki is minimal:

1. Why are subterranean creatures not included in the list, and is there any way to include them?
2. In the add creature screen, there is something that says "u: No Effect", and pressing u I can't seem to get any effects to appear. What does this do?
3. Any way to get necromancers and their various powers into it?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Questions regarding the Arena
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:06:11 pm »

1. They are excluded due to a tag on there raws. Find it, delete it, and there fine.

2&3. Copy the examples on the main page and post them into the raws. Then, enjoy the fun. ;D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »

Thanks, never realised there was a tag. One thing still eludes me though, what are the effects?

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:12:22 pm »

2&3. Copy the examples on the main page and post them into the raws. Then, enjoy the fun. ;D

Explain this in more detail, please.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

The "No Effects" thing means you don't have any vampire/werecurse/necromancer-style interactions in your raws. This is entirely normal, as they're created randomly at the start of world gen and kept in the save file. If you put one of the example interaction files in to your raw/objects/ folder, you'll be able to create creatures that can raise the dead or transform in to another creature.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »

u: is for syndromes given via interactions. Copy the example necromancer across.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.